Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews for Personal Care Assistant

Personal Care Assistant1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 75 reviews

Avoid IWA Wex, absolute joke to work for

I had to wait 4 months to get a service user and at that they wanted to bring in my fellow colleagues whom already had plenty of hours between them. Mileage between clients is paid for but it is a pittance. They seem to pick and choose who to give hours to in the Wexford office. I had no hours for 4 months but I later found out Wex office were giving new clients to my colleagues who had more than enough hours. The bullying I witnessed from one carer was ridiculous and IWA will do nothing about it unless the client makes a complaint. I came back from maternity leave to 2 hours a day with no reassurances that they would give me more hours. My lovely manager didn't even have the good grace to return my new employers phone calls for a reference. The Dublin office was brilliant they always sorted out everything for me. Overall I'd advise people to avoid IWA Wex as they promise you everything and deliver nothing.

Pros

Clients and a few colleagues

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Wheelchair Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Irish Wheelchair Association with

• Irish Wheelchair Association
  • Personal Care Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?