Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews for Program Assistant

Program Assistant7 reviews
Ireland7 reviews
I really enjoyed my experience within the Irish wheelchair association. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and think the whole experience was amazing. It offered me new challenges and opportunities I had never thought off. So happy with my time within the organisation
I learned how to use my communication skills properly and acquired more training to update my CV. I enjoyed bowling and shopping with the service users.
Pros
Free module courses
Cons
No free lunches
A good company to work for. Support staff to continually develop themselves. A provider of social care support to people living with physical and sensory disabilities to live independently and be part of their community
Meet the bus driver at an agreed location, greet the clients at their home and safely assist them to the bus. At the centre assist with various activities and assist clients with personal care if requested.
The job is an important one to me as I assist the Irish Wheelchair Association in their endeavours to promote independence and equality for persons with physical and sensory disabilities.
Apart from everyday tasks and routines, no two days are the same.

There is a constant demand from our service users for information, advice and assistance.

My colleagues are a great help to me in providing those needs and I have learned a great deal from them.

Health & Safety is probably the hardest part of my job, but it is a very important part of the organisation's work for the health & safety of our service users and my colleagues, so every aspect has to be reviewed regularly.

The most enjoyable part is when we can relax with the service users, they are great company despite their hardships.
Collect and return service users to and from their houses each day and assist in delivering activities on a daily and weekly basis
I found working as a Programme Assistant very enjoyable and interesting at times.I also drove the I.W.A Bus which involved collecting the service users from their homes and getting them safely back to the Centre. During my time with the I.W.A i studied for a range of Educational Programmes, these included receiving a D1 Bus Licence, Level 5 FETAC in Art and Level 6 inTrain the Trainer for which i recieved a Distinction. I have worked well both as a Team Member and I also worked on various tasks as an individual for the members.The hardest part of the job that i found difficult was to understand the Members needs in the environment which i was placed but after attending some Courses and learning about individual needs i soon got to enjoy my work.
Pros
Teaching the Members how to do and achieve their tasks and goals.
Cons
It being a part-time job and not much scope to further myself.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Irish Wheelchair Association?