Itron

Itron Employee Reviews

Fast paced, good salary
Fast paced environment which is constantly changing. That means lots of opportunities to progress but not for people who want an easy job that never changes. The salaries are very competitive in the market to reflect the expectations.
Pros
Opportunities to progress
Cons
Work life balance and change
Team Work
When I first started working for Itron, we were still undergoing implementation phase and I remember it being somewhat chaotic. With the team's knowledge and effort, the team managed to turn the chaos into a more efficient and productive work environment. We went from having thousands of overdue invoices to a less than a hundred.

I currently work on the French and German market covering PO and non-PO invoices. On a typical day these two entities receive about 400 - 500 invoices. It's up to me to evaluate the income volume and understand where I'm need most. Whether I should focus on PO or non-PO invoice, or France or German invoice. I can easily complete 150 - 200 PO invoices or 100 - 120 non-PO invoice. I also have to follow-up on queries in regards to coding, supplier maintenance, etc.

I learned that by opening myself to new challenges I was able to learn a new role in no time as I didn't have any AP experience prior to Itron.

The hardest part of the job, is paying attention to details. Making sure that all details are keyed correctly and that we pay the correct supplier. To ensure that there was no discrepancy, the AP team has to work closely with the RTR team for month end accruals, the VAT team to ensure that the domestic, EU goods and service and import tax codes are applied correctly. This is why we regularly have to involve the master data team to ensure that they have the necessary data to make the right adjustments. And to ensure that we have the correct data we have to collaborate with the procurement and purchasing team as they are responsible for closing
 - more...
Flexi time and lovely co workers
I enjoy working in the payroll team and my co workers are really nice and we work well together . Flexi time was introduced in Itron and as I travel an hour to work this is a great advantage.
no special comment
I am responsible for ensuring all customer payments due are received and matched correctly on receipt, resolving customer financial queries, documenting and actioning accordingly where payment is not received for the import and export France market.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Nice Workplace
Great place to work, always kept busy & learning new things.

New Start up company in Cork.

New Employees coming on Board every week
Pros
Cons
Long Hours