JD Sports Fashion Plc Employee Reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 2,006 reviews
Lack of respect and awareness
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 November 2019
Jd sports plc should improve on respect for employees . This company focuses more on profit then the mental health and safety of its employees . Jd sports would be more successful if they gave better benefits towards their employees .
Toxic environment
manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 October 2019
Old fashioned management style, very little empathy.

Big disconnect between what upper management think is happening and what is actually happening at store level
JD sports
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newbridge21 August 2019
I loved working in JD everyone was so kind and friendly was a lovely environment loved helping customers and constantly doing different tasks everyday
Pros
Constantly busy and was easy travel
Cons
Wasn’t getting enough hours
People were really nice but managers are not properly trained and the it’s a messy environment .
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  City Centre Dublin, County Dublin28 July 2019
I worked at JD and I really disliked it. The shop was just not properly ran and managers didn’t seem to understand what they were doing. This made working there really frustrating.
Pros
Long lunch breaks.
Cons
Always given hours the days you aren’t meant to work on.
Fun work place
textiles (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin9 July 2019
Learned how to fold the stock make sure the best sellers are, keeping the floor clean and presentable, making sure of any robbers on the floor, going by the rules of JD keeping the cubes right arms folded the right.

I did work for a period of time like 2 months before getting paid kept getting told there was a issue with my bank but there seemed like the IBAN was "taken up wrong"

collecting peoples delivery, making sure the stock was re arranged.
Long hours was the down fall and the money wasn't the best as I was a minor, but overall was a fun work place and learned a lot mostly enjoyable experience
Staff are very friendly
Sales Assistant/ Delivery (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath9 July 2019
Staff are very friendly and make it very easy to settle in. If I had a problem i would just ask and would be shown what to do straight away. I always enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Discount
relaxed work enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick3 July 2019
I only worked at JD sports for a short period of time as i was seasonal staff, i enjoyed working here are the staff were very friendly, i had a good experience working at JD sports.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork21 April 2019
The staff in jds are very friendly and easy to get along with which makes the job more enjoyable. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in fashion etc.
Pros
Good hours
Busy Workplace
Supervisor/ Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 March 2019
● Key holder managment position with JD
● Part of managment and managjng a team of 80 staff members
● Opening the store and processing of delivery and making sure stock is on the floor at a fast pace
● Monitoring staff during tasks
● Dealing with customer queries either on the floor or over the phone also handling customer
complaints in a professional manner
● Refunds and exchanges
● G45 money handling and safe handling and counting of money prior to store opening
● Rota updates and changes
● Store closure and all paper work handling and responding to all emails.
● Making sure the store is running smoothly
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork2 March 2019
I found working at JD an enjoyable experience. I learned a lot about communication, management and organisation while I was there. Although I did experience some issues with management, I loved interacting with my co-workers and customers.
Very fun
Sales/stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin15 February 2019
Lovely staff but not managed very well. Hardest part of the job was night shifts on minimum wage during Christmas. I learned a lot about fashion and how the shop should look.
Pros
Good collegues
Cons
Night shifts
Good part-time job, not worth full-time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 January 2019
JD is a typical retail job, you're not valued, expected to sacrifice a personal life and on minimum wage. I was lucky to be part of a team that cared for one another an made the job bearable but unless you're looking for a part-time job I advise avoiding JD Sports.
Learning curve but enjoyable workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wexford31 December 2018
Working for JD Sports is a good start up job. Teachs you the fundamentals of employer employee relationship and what is expected of you.

Been supervisor and a member of management my day to day routine is about setting up the shop in a manner that bests helps the sales assistants go about there job in a efficient proper enjoyable way.

The hardest thing about working for JD Sports is the work level that is expected, attention to detail and the high level of responsibility. Even though these areas can be challenging it has made me a better worker and a better person in general.

For me the best part of working for JD Sports is the people i work with and the environment we create as a team. Even though the job can be challenging we all remind upbeat and help each other as a team.
Pros
Good career progression
Cons
long hours and high levels of responsibility
Experiance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 December 2018
I got a job here over the christmas and id never go back! The managers are the most stuck up people ever it was my last day they never told me,they put up a piece of paper and if your name wasnt on it your sacked which is so childish because they never said thanks and goodbye NOTHING! Unbelievable how rude after all the stuff we done to make their life easier. Definitely do not get paid enough to deal with the childishness of the mangers and customers.
Pros
Cons
Managers
good place to work
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 October 2018
If you're starting out in the workplace it is a good place to work, Hours could be better but does depend on what store you are in. Staff training can be better and also communication between managers and supervisors.
Pros
Staff, discount
Cons
Hours, unrealistic goals, management
great for young people in college
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin2 October 2018
best thing about working here is that you can work only the hours you are able to, which has been great while studying at college. great culture in JD, we are all like a family. Management is good and bad. Easy to get promoted but they tend to pick favourites. another great thing about the job is the discount you get.
Pros
discount
Cons
favourites get the promotions for some people working harder than others will never pay off.
Fun working place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin3 August 2018
I worked in JD Sports in Dublin Airport, T2. In my 8 months experience there I have learned that working for JD Sports can be a very fun and exciting working place for everyone. the high standards of the store can make it a real attraction for customers and the standard of staff and management is exceptional to fulfill customer expectations and needs while also providing a safe environment for all parties. Also the staff discounts are very generous and they really look after their staff no matter what position you are in. In my first week working there being very nervous, the staff were very friendly and helpful and made me feel like I belonged there. I would recommend anyone looking for a career in retail, or even a part-time summer job to apply for JD Sports as it is a great learning curve and will benefit you in the years to come. I made some very close friends in my time there and I will always be grateful.
Pros
making friends, discounts
Cons
I worked in the airport so it was tough coming in early for a 4am start, only because I didn't drive
Fast paced work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 July 2018
All city stores are particularly busy, so not much idea idle time.
Morning floor walks to set up the day ahead, will be amended during midday review to integrate close down procedures.
Good culture in the workplace, despite being quite hectic at times staff remains composed and relaxed.
Pros
Advancement within company
Cons
No fixed roster
fast pace
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland1 May 2018
young culture mostly working here , management can be a bit petty at times not the worst place , rota can be changed daily without asking you... could never depend on your hours some weeks you would have 30 hours the next little or none.
Not dependable enough for some people in that regards
You are put in the deep end training wise I had to learn nearly everything myself.
Not really a hard job apart from sales and really busy days high demand for certain items or clothing but thats only normal.
Pros
free uniform.
Cons
rota can be changed daily
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny29 January 2018
Working at JD sports gave me the opertunity to gain income while also studying at college, the management were very helpful to me if I needed days off to study

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports Fashion Plc. Our community is ready to answer.