JD Sports Fashion Plc
Updates from JD Sports Fashion Plc:

JD Sports Fashion Plc Employee Reviews

Ireland63 reviews
It’s a nice environment
i enjoyed my time in and very minimal and easy going. Good workplace with good team players, loved the experience. They have good discounts for staff also!!
Dreadful company to work for
The management have no idea how to actually lead by example and prove why they're in the position that they're in. Just young peopel who have been allowed to climb the ladder too quickly and too young and don't know how to speak to people and feel all they have to do is tell people what to do.

The HR and Payroll team are so clueless. Couldn't sort out my tax for me for months and messed up my payments during the covid 19 pandemic and when you contact them they're no help at all.

Worst place i've ever worked. Can't find one positive about working there at all. Would not recommend to anyone.
Good job, not enough room to move up the working ladder.
Working in JD is a great foot in the door as a customer service representative/sales assistant. Unfortunately, I felt there was no room to move up the working ladder.
Would not recommend
Try to avoid working her as best you can, they treat you as just a number and disposable I was in the company for 2 years and never worked in a company horrible and belittling
fast paced and rewarding workplace
really enjoyed working in JD wexford great staff and management. help there if you need it. can get very busy but easily tackled with a really good team.
fast-paced and productive workplace
A typical day working at JD sports would include coming in and first of all checking your target for the day and then proceeding yo go onto the shop floor and help any customers who may have queries that need answering. the hardest part of the job would be when it's busy the speed they expect you to work at. management was very outgoing and always willing to help me.
Work there is fun
They are lazy with pay and complaints that you may have . Sometimes not informative enough but work there is fun being in a team environment. That's it really.
Terrible for part time or seasonal
i worked there as seasonal and hated it. Training is poor and if you need additional training management do so with an attitude. Management put pressure on staff by expecting them to juggle several tasks at a time and still adhere to customers. Management go crazy over the smallest things and belittle you. As staff you definitely make friends with the other seasonal staff as you are all struggling together. Racism is definitely a thing as management would often be buddy with the white staff and be easier on them but be harder on the coloured staff and give them looks. Management often lied about progression within the company. Only positives were Long lunch breaks and good for work experience
Experiencia con otro idioma
Experiencia con otro idioma, cultura diferente y gente nueva
Brutal
Horrible company to work for.

They have no respect for their staff, you are literally just a number on a sheet, even in a managerial position. Management are stressed beyond belief, and it trickles down. I witnessed most people in the store cry within a week of working there.

Sure most companies don't really 'care' about you, but these guys don't even pretend to.

The turnover is massive, as it's mostly young students thinking it's a cool place to work, before realising what they've gotten themselves into.

Sales figures matter more to this company more than honesty and customer service, and it echo's through how to company conducts their business.

The only benefit of the job is a discount you cannot use until your probation is passed.

Expect to be consistently understaffed and on edge. It's a just about a buzz at the start, but day in day out it is beyond stressful, and I've worked some crazy jobs.

If you're a sleazy sales person, who isn't afraid to screw people over to get to, at best, a supervisor role, then you're in the right place.

If you think I'm just a bitter ex employee (which I am) check out channel4's documentary on JD's slave labour warehouses in the UK. You're welcome.
Lack of respect and awareness
Jd sports plc should improve on respect for employees . This company focuses more on profit then the mental health and safety of its employees . Jd sports would be more successful if they gave better benefits towards their employees .
Toxic environment
Old fashioned management style, very little empathy.

Big disconnect between what upper management think is happening and what is actually happening at store level
Only here for few weeks as Christmas Staff
I only worked here one Christmas for a few weeks although I really enjoyed it, was nice working with people at a similar age with similar interests to me.
JD sports
I loved working in JD everyone was so kind and friendly was a lovely environment loved helping customers and constantly doing different tasks everyday
Pros
Constantly busy and was easy travel
Cons
Wasn’t getting enough hours
People were really nice but managers are not properly trained and the it’s a messy environment .
I worked at JD and I really disliked it. The shop was just not properly ran and managers didn’t seem to understand what they were doing. This made working there really frustrating.
Pros
Long lunch breaks.
Cons
Always given hours the days you aren’t meant to work on.
Fun work place
Learned how to fold the stock make sure the best sellers are, keeping the floor clean and presentable, making sure of any robbers on the floor, going by the rules of JD keeping the cubes right arms folded the right.

I did work for a period of time like 2 months before getting paid kept getting told there was a issue with my bank but there seemed like the IBAN was "taken up wrong"

collecting peoples delivery, making sure the stock was re arranged.

Long hours was the down fall and the money wasn't the best as I was a minor, but overall was a fun work place and learned a lot mostly enjoyable experience
Staff are very friendly
Staff are very friendly and make it very easy to settle in. If I had a problem i would just ask and would be shown what to do straight away. I always enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Discount
relaxed work enviroment
I only worked at JD sports for a short period of time as i was seasonal staff, i enjoyed working here are the staff were very friendly, i had a good experience working at JD sports.
Fun work place
The staff in jds are very friendly and easy to get along with which makes the job more enjoyable. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in fashion etc.
Pros
Good hours
Busy Workplace
● Key holder managment position with JD
● Part of managment and managjng a team of 80 staff members

● Opening the store and processing of delivery and making sure stock is on the floor at a fast pace

● Monitoring staff during tasks

● Dealing with customer queries either on the floor or over the phone also handling customer

complaints in a professional manner

● Refunds and exchanges

● G45 money handling and safe handling and counting of money prior to store opening

● Rota updates and changes

● Store closure and all paper work handling and responding to all emails.

● Making sure the store is running smoothly
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Very good
I found working at JD an enjoyable experience. I learned a lot about communication, management and organisation while I was there. Although I did experience some issues with management, I loved interacting with my co-workers and customers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports Fashion Plc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7