JPMorgan Chase
Coronavirus update
Information from JPMorgan Chase:

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Ireland9 reviews
Good place to work if you are mid to late 50's looking for an easy life to get to retirement. Place is full of keyboard warriors looking to get one over on each other. Very slow in progression even when you get a promotion money is very slow in following.
Pros
subsidised food
Cons
long days
Dependable environment, when the potential candidates can gain valuable experience. Plenty of trainings available with professional workplace culture.
Bureaucratic and rude . No training. Exceptions are unreal .Dominating managers . No support
Joined here from a competitor. Has it's upsides and downsides like all companies. I find it rewarding. Hours are very manageable and the standards of work are high. I am extremely hard working and strive to excel and so the culture here helps me achieve my goals.
JP Morgan are a very well respect investment bank and their reputation speaks for itself. Good salary, benefits and job security.
Great company, stable, great culture, and training. Management was great, a culture of getting it right 1st time.
Pros
Benefits, stability, culture
Cons
Struggled at the very beginning to learn the company's culture of the Irish side of the business.

After the first month, everything was fitting together and I learned my job, and after all well recognized and rewarded by Management.

I position was as client relationship officer, and a typical day at work was:

- Calculation of the Net asset value daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly ("NAV") with very strict cut-off times, including the calculation of the funds income and expense accruals and the pricing of securities at current market value.

- Manage a overall Asset Under Management of about $250 million.

- Preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to shareholders.

- Maintenance and filing of the fund's financial books and records as the fund accountant, including reconcilement of holdings with custody and broker records.

- Payment of fund expenses, (Mgt Fees, Admin Fees, Legal Fees, etc).

- Settlement of daily purchases and sales of securities, ensuring collection of dividends and interests.

- Calculation and payment to the transfer agent of dividends and distributions.

- Preparation and filing of other SEC filings/reports

- Calculation of the total returns and other performance measures of the fund on a regular basis etc.

-I wanted to add that implemented and bond reconciliation spreadsheet that did speed up the process about 80% overall, it was quite well recognized by the Management team.

- I also enjoyed that i was able to work in special project to assist a platform transfer from a company that we were taking over in a record time and with
 - more...
Pros
great team-mates
Cons
work long hours every day
An excellent company to work for however, there is an argument that it is top heavy.

Overall, an enjouyable place to work with plenty of support both carrer wise and work wise,
Pros
Excellent technology
Cons
Very structured and can lose the personal touch with sucha big corporation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JPMorgan Chase?