Jack & Jones Employee Reviews

Work
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin8 December 2018
-Open the shop
-Greet Colleagues
-Count till float, sign off how much is in each till
- Check TMS
- Print Hourly Sales report
-Do daily plan
- Clean floor before work starts
-Delegate tasks to colleagues
- Refills/ standards neatly done
-Great/ attend to customer's needs
Pros
Brilliant communication between sales assistants & Keyholder's
Cons
Poor Management, No time and a half on Sunday, Lack of Motivation
Two faced head office
manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 October 2018
The brand has a potencial. The company could do much better but the wrong people are standing on top and try to lead . No respect to employees.
The owner doesn't care and bother to speak to shop managers.
Buyers should be changed also. Lack of proffesional approach to ppl...
Pros
Teams
Cons
money, Area manager, Head office, hours
Productive environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 September 2018
In my time with Jack and Jones I have gained valuable retail experience working in such a fast paced environment.
In this job my main role is sales based. I am responsible for achieving sales targets, both individual and team. I am responsible for reaching and exceeding KPI’s, managing business reports and managing the social media account on behalf of the store.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Unproductive management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2018
I enjoy working here. The management are easy to approach and listen to you. Wage isn't the best. you are given plenty on guidance on how to merchandise the floor and are given customer service training and product knowledge training.
Pros
Training
Head office are not great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 September 2018
Head office are terrible no respect shown and are not good at man management

The atmosphere within the store is bad it's all very gossipy could b ok
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Atmosphere
Fun in general but not very good for employees
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin7 August 2018
I had the chance to work in different stores and in general the environment is really nice, we are trained to interact with the client in a friendly way but the management team (above the store managers) is not the best.
No commition
A lot of pressure for hitting the target
If for any reason the employee misses the clock in or clock out, they are penalised with not being paid for the whole day!
The owner would write really rude emails do the managers that would demotivate all the team.
Working very few hours during winter time
Pros
Buying products on 50% discount
Cons
Bad management team
Poor Head office team
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 May 2018
Head office team are a click. They will lie to your face and stab you in the back.

Great brand, good people at store level but the owner needs to visit his stores more to know what's going on and how people are treated.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Office politics, terrible head office team, no bonuses
Head office team are destroying a great brand
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 March 2018
Head office team will only look at how they can throw you under the bus' . No motivation , development or business minds.

Great brand and can work with some amazing talent but it is all been destroyed by people who dont know what they are doing, the owner is clearly blinded by all of that and its sad to see his business not reaching full potential because of them.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Work life balance and negative atmosphere from head office
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin4 December 2017
I found working in the kings inn a fun and busy environment to work inn a great liitle pub but loved meeting people and enjoyed going to work staff and management were so nice
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 November 2017
A good environment and excellent investment on the staffs.
You need to have good communication skill and a professional customer service to work in Jack & Jones and be extremely organized.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin21 August 2017
This employment helped me to develope my interpersonal, sales and communication skills while also giving me the oppurtunity to work towards team oriented targets.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Lack of hours at certain times of the year.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin14 June 2017
It was a really fun workplace. I got along with everybody and I gained alot of skills from working here. I would definitely highly recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Getting along with everyone
Cons
Lomg hours and hard working
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 January 2017
L'Ecrivain is one of Dublin Michelin star Restaurants. It was a high paced working environment which I gained plenty of knowledge. L'Ecrivain was my first ever kitchen to work in but due to the long hours and days (14 hours minimum) I would like a career change and to obtain more personal time
Pros
Free Lunches, Large amounts of knowledge to be obtained
Cons
Extemely long hours
Great Company
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin11 November 2016
I worked for Jack and Jones for over 2 years in 3 different stores, each store and each manager made me feel at home, I really enjoyed working there the pay is good and so are the perks..
Pros
Clothes and discounts
Cons
Standing all day
Productive and Rewarding Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin4 May 2016
Jack and Jones is sales focused, thats the main goal of the business. Working in Jack&Jones was stress free, although we were required to focus on selling to customers, it was bearable and never demanding.

I was lucky to put what I had learnt in XR marketing to use, however I learnt how to create and maintain a long-term relationship with the customers in order to achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner while ensuring recurring business.

It was such a pleasure working with the J&J staff, there were never any arguments or fights, it was really a peaceful place to work, where everyone got on with everyone including the managers. The shop was laid out in a way that would not cause confusion to the staff and customers, the stock room was always clean and tidy making restocking and finding items significantly easier.

The hardest art of working in J&J is making the target when the shop is very empty, although it does not affect the pay or anything, its still disappointing when you don't hit your target.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Can get quite
gain a lot of experience
sale\ retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland5 December 2014
Enjoyed every second of work.I worked as a sale assistant. My duty was to server customer at the till, offering advice to customers on store products, Processing returns and refunds as required in line with company procedures, occasionally being responsible for the stores security including being its key holder at times, Responsible for the daily management of the till in the absence of the senior members and Ensuring that all areas are clean and adhere to the company’s clear floor policy and Health and Safety requirements.
Very enjoyable expierence
Sales assistant, (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, OY28 August 2014
A typical day working in Jack & Jones would consist of opening the store and doing a stock check.
Difference days would have different jobs such as, one day i would be working on the tills or another day id be doing different duties such as cleaning the store to a very good standard.
My co-workers where very easy to work with as the level of communication was very good which made it easier for everyone.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
6/7 days work a week
Productive, Fun workplace with a good atmosphere
S.A - M.E - Supervisor - Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D8 April 2014
Daily paperwork - Bestsellers, KPI's, updating invoices etc
Stock replenishment

Customer Service

Merchandising

Delivery plan + Transfers
Pros
50% Discount, Employee of the month
Cons
No apprecition for hard work and extra commitment
Productive, Fun workplace, Hard working and friendly staff.
Store Supervisor / Visual Optimizer (Current Employee) –  Santry, Dublin 9.22 March 2013
Review of my work and experience as listed in c.v.

On an average day, arriving to work I would have to set up the float, print all daily paperwork, set targets for all staff on a daily target sheet, which would have weekly and monthly figures, gross margin, basket size quantity and expected turnover. If I'm in with the manager he will do the paperwork while I will clean the shop floor and go over the standards and appearance of all store products before opening.
At the moment in Omni, there is only 4 members on my team and that is including myself and the management team, I did supervise a team of 6 in Liffey Valley and a team of 10 over the Christmas period. I love working in Jack&Jones but the store I'm in at the moment is fairly quiet and I prefer to work in a busier environment this is why I am currently seeking a new position.
Pros
customer club evenings, promotional events, staff nights out.
Cons
delayed in-store promotion, constant transfers and to much travelling
New challenges needed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wexford10 March 2013
While I have enjoyed my time with Jack & Jones, I also find it's now time for me to move on. Since the store is franchised, opportunities for advancement to other Jack & Jones stores are few. Although the store is managed well by the owners and I enjoy working with all staff members, the position is not challenging any more.
With the recession, retail on the high street has suffered. This is more evident in smaller towns like wexford. And there are days where there is little work to be done.
Pros
enjoyable to work with collegues, generally positive atmosphere, great sales experience gained
Cons
lack of holidays at christmas, few chances to advance further within the company, not really a busy environment