Jack & Jones

Jack & Jones Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews
A cliche orientated business as all sales stores are.
I was hired as seasonal sales staff, never thought how to use a till after requesting multiple times even though we were being judged on our KPI's. The management hired people they knew previously in the higher positions. All that being said I enjoyed my time working in Jack and Jones just some decision making lacked logic during my time there.
If I could give 0 stars I would
NO MATERNITY PAY, ASSISTANT MANAGERS ON JUST ABOVE MINIMUM WAGE, AND STAFF NEVER GIVEN CONTRACTS. YOU WILL BE DISPOSABLE.

Negatives;

Where to even begin. Within 6 weeks of working there i discovered an assistant manager was on 12 euro an hour, supervisor put up from 9.80 to 10.40 only after 6+ months of doing the role (which is the same work as an assistant manager, seriously they're interchangeable), pregnant managers having to work right up until their due date because THERE'S NO MATERNITY PAY. One branch had brand new supervisor and sales assistants fired due to lack of footfall which they cant do anything about, leaving a 8 month pregnant manager to work 50+ hours p/w with only 1 other staff member.

Owner is highly egotistic, his two Cerberus hounds (Regional managers) spend their days doing anything to keep their jobs and reassure him that hes not losing money, they will fire anyone to use as an excuse for their failings as managers and will constantly lie to cut corners and save the failing business as much money as possible. They spend days in each branch looking at cameras, mainly to see if managers are stealing, if staff are not looking busy (which they cant be when there's no one in the shop), seriously one day we had 4 people in.. 4 in the space of 9 hours!! The other manager in the branch i mainly worked in didn't have a day off for 4 weeks doing open to close and when he asked for a day off they threatened to fire him if he let someone else close the shop. Upper management then at the end of that period fired him without telling him the reason why. They also
 - more...
Fun workplace
On a normal day there would be a consistent flow of customers which kept you up and about asking customers if they needed help with anything particular
Bad company and management
Management was bad. The retail experience and team was only things that were good. Very strict on individual sales. Hiring and firing. Not a good company to work for all together
easy job
i found the work in Jack and Jones was rather easy but not very time consuming. i worked in a small store with not a lot of jobs to do but i enjoyed my time working here.
Pros
smoke breaks
Cons
having to wear jeans when it was very warm
Work
-Open the shop
-Greet Colleagues

-Count till float, sign off how much is in each till

- Check TMS

- Print Hourly Sales report

-Do daily plan

- Clean floor before work starts

-Delegate tasks to colleagues

- Refills/ standards neatly done

-Great/ attend to customer's needs
Pros
Brilliant communication between sales assistants & Keyholder's
Cons
Poor Management, No time and a half on Sunday, Lack of Motivation
Two faced head office
The brand has a potencial. The company could do much better but the wrong people are standing on top and try to lead . No respect to employees.
The owner doesn't care and bother to speak to shop managers.

Buyers should be changed also. Lack of proffesional approach to ppl...
Pros
Teams
Cons
money, Area manager, Head office, hours
Productive environment
In my time with Jack and Jones I have gained valuable retail experience working in such a fast paced environment.
In this job my main role is sales based. I am responsible for achieving sales targets, both individual and team. I am responsible for reaching and exceeding KPI’s, managing business reports and managing the social media account on behalf of the store.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Unproductive management
I enjoy working here. The management are easy to approach and listen to you. Wage isn't the best. you are given plenty on guidance on how to merchandise the floor and are given customer service training and product knowledge training.
Pros
Training
Head office are not great
Head office are terrible no respect shown and are not good at man management

The atmosphere within the store is bad it's all very gossipy could b ok
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Atmosphere
Fun in general but not very good for employees
I had the chance to work in different stores and in general the environment is really nice, we are trained to interact with the client in a friendly way but the management team (above the store managers) is not the best.
No commition

A lot of pressure for hitting the target

If for any reason the employee misses the clock in or clock out, they are penalised with not being paid for the whole day!

The owner would write really rude emails do the managers that would demotivate all the team.

Working very few hours during winter time
Pros
Buying products on 50% discount
Cons
Bad management team
Poor Head office team
Head office team are a click. They will lie to your face and stab you in the back.

Great brand, good people at store level but the owner needs to visit his stores more to know what's going on and how people are treated.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Office politics, terrible head office team, no bonuses
Head office team are destroying a great brand
Head office team will only look at how they can throw you under the bus' . No motivation , development or business minds.

Great brand and can work with some amazing talent but it is all been destroyed by people who dont know what they are doing, the owner is clearly blinded by all of that and its sad to see his business not reaching full potential because of them.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Work life balance and negative atmosphere from head office
Fun workplace
I found working in the kings inn a fun and busy environment to work inn a great liitle pub but loved meeting people and enjoyed going to work staff and management were so nice
Productive work place
A good environment and excellent investment on the staffs.
You need to have good communication skill and a professional customer service to work in Jack & Jones and be extremely organized.
Productive and fun place to work.
This employment helped me to develope my interpersonal, sales and communication skills while also giving me the oppurtunity to work towards team oriented targets.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Lack of hours at certain times of the year.
Productive and fun workplace
It was a really fun workplace. I got along with everybody and I gained alot of skills from working here. I would definitely highly recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Getting along with everyone
Cons
Lomg hours and hard working
L'Ecrivain is one of Dublin Michelin star Restaurants. It was a high paced working environment which I gained plenty of knowledge. L'Ecrivain was my first ever kitchen to work in but due to the long hours and days (14 hours minimum) I would like a career change and to obtain more personal time
Pros
Free Lunches, Large amounts of knowledge to be obtained
Cons
Extemely long hours
Great Company
I worked for Jack and Jones for over 2 years in 3 different stores, each store and each manager made me feel at home, I really enjoyed working there the pay is good and so are the perks..
Pros
Clothes and discounts
Cons
Standing all day
Productive and Rewarding Workplace
Jack and Jones is sales focused, thats the main goal of the business. Working in Jack&Jones was stress free, although we were required to focus on selling to customers, it was bearable and never demanding.

I was lucky to put what I had learnt in XR marketing to use, however I learnt how to create and maintain a long-term relationship with the customers in order to achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner while ensuring recurring business.

It was such a pleasure working with the J&J staff, there were never any arguments or fights, it was really a peaceful place to work, where everyone got on with everyone including the managers. The shop was laid out in a way that would not cause confusion to the staff and customers, the stock room was always clean and tidy making restocking and finding items significantly easier.

The hardest art of working in J&J is making the target when the shop is very empty, although it does not affect the pay or anything, its still disappointing when you don't hit your target.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Can get quite
gain a lot of experience
Enjoyed every second of work.I worked as a sale assistant. My duty was to server customer at the till, offering advice to customers on store products, Processing returns and refunds as required in line with company procedures, occasionally being responsible for the stores security including being its key holder at times, Responsible for the daily management of the till in the absence of the senior members and Ensuring that all areas are clean and adhere to the company’s clear floor policy and Health and Safety requirements.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack & Jones. Our community is ready to answer.