Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 4,401 reviews
Brilliant to work here
Student Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip8 July 2019
An enjoyable company to work for, with a heavy emphasis on people and safety. I spent 3 months here as an intern and found it a formulative experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long Commute from Dublin
Very nice workplace to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tyrrelstown, County Dublin14 February 2019
I was cleaning all types of stuff we were taking all stairs down and cleaning off the bits off paints on floor and load off other bits was dome all window cleaning and mopping floors.
Pros
Yeah got few times whole site got free brealsfast from deli
Cons
You could pick from hours if you wanted to extra hours
In general a good company to work for
EHS manager (Former Employee) –  Cork21 May 2018
Good positive culture, fairly good company to work for, managers on the whole were approachable and professional in their dealings,
A very professional company to work for and with, customer satisfaction the ultimate goal.
Pros
Looking after employees whils engaged on a project
Cons
Not treated too well if you wasn't workinng on a "billable" project
Challenging and proactive
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin and Clonmel13 April 2018
I found Jacobs to be challenging as it was a new industry for me. The staff are very welcoming, and the wealth of knowledge is amazing. This goes for the staff in the main office to site contractors.
Everyone was very supportive and eager to help on a project or personal assignment (college work). I found Jacobs to be a very challenging and proactive company to work for.
Pros
Friendly staff, knowledge driven, quiet canteen
Cons
long hours on site
Corporate Receptionist
Corporate Receptionist - (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee) –  Merrion, County Dublin25 January 2018
I would start my day at 8.00 am, I would put desk lights on and Mag lock off so my colleagues could come and go. Jacobs are very high on Safety so they have a Safety Video and also a video of the last project they worked on BIM. This is great for Clients and all customers. I would meet and greet people who are coming in for meetings. I would get my security badges ready for the Clients who need access to the highly secured offices. As I take their names I also take the badge number, ask them with warmth if they have been to Jacobs before, if not I ask them to watch the Safety Video and also give them some literature on Safety whilst in Jacobs. Then I would spend a lot of time booking different conference rooms and swapping rooms if not in use. My phone lines would be open at 8.00 am with 200 lines to deal with, it's fun working in Jacobs and makes for a great day. The people I met in Jacobs were fantastic and would make the job seem like not even working at all, just a joy.
Pros
12.00 pm finish on Friday
Cons
8.00 am - 5.50 each day, half an hour lunch - bit long
Fantasic.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork30 November 2016
Brilliant place to work, with everyone very friendly and only to willing to help you learn and advance in your carerr, would highly recommend Jacobs.
Great Employer
Deskside Support (Former Employee) –  Cork24 November 2015
Great employer always focused on getting the best out of staff and willing to invest in employees. People are the best asset is part of the company mandate and it shows.
Pros
Work enviornment
Cons
Not always in a position to provide work.
Experienced Piping Designer / Support Designer
Principal Piping / Support Designer (Current Employee) –  Cork, C23 October 2015
Having spent over 25 years on 3D modelling software designing pipework, i consider myself to be a highly experienced individula with vast 3D modelling knowledge.
I have used various sooftware packages including PDMS, and LFM amd Navis works.
I have had vast experince succesfully finshing many projects on the Oil and Gas sectors plus more rencently Bio Pharmaceutical.

I am a competant hard working deicated worker who accnowleges himself as to having a vast experience base.

Included in this i have lead a team of 15 designers including a workshare program abroad.
Excellent well managed company
2D CAD Designer- 3D Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 March 2015
Jacobs treat their staff like family, where their employees are well looked after, may it be comfort of health and safety.
Pros
Free coffee and top of the range software and support
Cons
parking was sometimes an issue but nothing major
Productive and careering environment
Electrical Lead Tool Install Intel (Former Employee) –  Intel Leixlip County Kildare30 July 2014
I gained experience as an Electrical Design Engineer. My acquisition knowledge increased considerably.
Pros
Good salary, people and location