Jacobs
Jacobs Employee Review

Corporate Receptionist

25 January 2018
I would start my day at 8.00 am, I would put desk lights on and Mag lock off so my colleagues could come and go. Jacobs are very high on Safety so they have a Safety Video and also a video of the last project they worked on BIM. This is great for Clients and all customers. I would meet and greet people who are coming in for meetings. I would get my security badges ready for the Clients who need access to the highly secured offices. As I take their names I also take the badge number, ask them with warmth if they have been to Jacobs before, if not I ask them to watch the Safety Video and also give them some literature on Safety whilst in Jacobs. Then I would spend a lot of time booking different conference rooms and swapping rooms if not in use. My phone lines would be open at 8.00 am with 200 lines to deal with, it's fun working in Jacobs and makes for a great day. The people I met in Jacobs were fantastic and would make the job seem like not even working at all, just a joy.
Pros
12.00 pm finish on Friday
Cons
8.00 am - 5.50 each day, half an hour lunch - bit long
5 March 2020
Construction Manager (Former Employee) - Ireland
Overall Jacobs is a good place to work, and they offer a great deal of training for their Management. I learned a great deal of other activity disciplines Management overall are good Work place culture again good The hardest part of the job, sometimes to fast paced The satisfaction of being engaged on very high profile projects in a variety of industries
Pros
Training
Cons
Too fast paced at times
10 February 2020
Sustainable Solutions team intern (Former Employee) - Dublin
I joined Jacobs as an intern in the Sustainable Solutions team, who deal with environmental and ecological assessments. Unofrtunately, I found it difficult to actually get much work to do bar clerical work, proofreading and correcting documents, etc. I'm not sure if this was a failure on my manager's part or just bad luck, but I don't feel like I gained much valuable experience as an undergraduate intern at Jacobs.
8 July 2019
Student Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) - Leixlip
An enjoyable company to work for, with a heavy emphasis on people and safety. I spent 3 months here as an intern and found it a formulative experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long Commute from Dublin
  1. Corporate Receptionist