Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,925 reviews
Overall Jacobs is a good place to work, and they offer a great deal of training for their Management. I learned a great deal of other activity disciplines Management overall are good Work place culture again good The hardest part of the job, sometimes to fast paced The satisfaction of being engaged on very high profile projects in a variety of industries
Pros
Training
Cons
Too fast paced at times
It was a good experience in working with Jacob's, during my 3.5 years of working I felt like experiencing new with every added responsibility, in ckmoetetive working environment sometimes U felt little stressful but challenge in every situation. In a nutshell, a good company to work with.
Relatively good work-life balance. Great collaboration between offices/staff to deliver great product to the client. The collaboration between office is a great and allows each staff to learn from one another and deliver a great finished product.
as in any other engineering firm, work days can go from usual to very hectic and very busy. especially during submittal time. other than that it was a very good company to work for. I was there for 5 years. all my benefits were very good compared to other companies that I have worked for as well as presently.
Pros
free lunches during submittal times and meetings and training days
Cons
short breaks during submittals very busy times and stressful as well
The environment for where this project is, is a difficult environment in many ways. The Project lead sees that and does his best to energize us to do the work well despite the difficulties in the environment.
Pros
I am paid well and see much overtime available
Cons
Location of my work station
I loved this work due to the continually changing subjects brought forward by the teams who discovered the opportunities for work improvements.We had great workers on the Arctic North Slope!
Jacobs has a well-established intern/co-op program that allows university students working with the company to truly learn and contribute to meaningful work. Much more than your standard "run and get coffee" internship.
Pros
internship program, mentorship
Cons
big company so sometimes hard to get to know everyone in your office
They responded immediately and provided us laptops to work from home to keep us safe. They have continued to find ways to keep us connected through remote work connections.
I worked in a brand new, state-of-the-art office with great computers, fast internet, and comfortable chairs. The issues I had were with upper management and they're lack of allowing their employees to do what was best for the clients.
Jacobs provide a great opportunity to everyone who want to grow. The management is very nice and help you by providing resources required to complete your project. They also encourage you to make decisions freely without and restrictions and they respect your opinions.
Good paid time off and paid holiday package. Pay is lower than expected. Project assignment is a good learning experience. If pay is within the normal range , this would be a great place to work.
This company runs on very slim margins which is great for shareholders, terrible for employees. Favoritism, nepotism and disregard for employees is the company culture. The one thing I can absolutely say about Jacobs is that there is a vast wealth of experience and knowledge about the a/e industry amongst the people who work there. At the very least you will learn a lot.
Pros
Cons
Company culture/values
jeśli jesteście Państwo ambitni to nastawcie się, że inni będą to wykorzystywać w zamian nie dostacie NIC oprócz poklepania po ramieniu i sztuczny uśmiech. Po 30 customerów oczekujących w kolejkach, ale ci którzy sobie wyrobią odpowiednie znajomości nie muszą robić prawie nic. Spotkałem się z sytuacjami, gdzie na zmianach nocnych ludzie sobie szli spać, czyli robisz wszystko za kolegę lub %żankę. Płaca fajna, atmosfera luźna (przynajmniej to, co jest zauważalne dla osoby np. z zewnątrz) ale rozwoju osobistego żadnego. Managerowie mało kompetentni, wykorzystują naiwnych pracowników natomiast od siebie nie dają nic oprócz tego co napisałem powyżej.
Pros
Płaca, atmosfe
Cons
Kadra managerska, leaderzy
The job was temporary. I was working at an off location site for pipe and valve storage as a driver, It was a great job but when the pipe was all delivered to the plant the job was over.
I received two pay raises in my two years and a pretty significant promotion. Jacobs is an excellent place to grow your career. If you are willing to prove yourself there are always opportunities for advancement. Jacobs also has a strong commitment to safety and compliance . . .which is very important to me.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
benefits are not great
no buena , no cumplen con los tiempos ofrecidos de duración del trabajo
Cons
mal organizadas las asignaciones de trabajo
For a technically advanced company it’s not organized well enough to support any real effort in efficient means of cost effective solutions to make a difference in making work environment better than before they took over the contract!
Pros
Have not found anything yet unfortunately get paid weekly!
Cons
Almost everything!
The engineers I've met were very friendly and welcomed me when I first started. Lots of intelligent and hardworking people who were integral to the company. However, the administrative side of the office definitely liked to gossip and higher management liked to partake in it. I interacted daily with lots of people in the office and I often hear this and that from the assistants. I understand that assistants work closely with upper management but gossiping and bad-mouthing other employees should not be tolerated. With lockdowns and office closures, management's initial instructions were very unclear for those that still have to go in the office (aka the job as the glorified front desk) especially after a huge COVID incident in the office. As it usually is being a "lowly employee", we were given all the admin work while everyone else got to work remotely. It's not a bad thing necessarily but it's insulting to see the upper management talk like they were stepping up to the plate and yet they stayed in the safety of their homes.I didn't necessarily learn anything that's not company exclusive stuff but I appreciated the warm welcome when I first started.
Overall very good company culture. They focus on retention and are slowing adapting to bring the company out of the traditional “old school” mentality. The company is a good one to work for in the industry.
Good company to work for with good salary. Work on three different contracts. When my first position task order contract was ending was able to transfer to another Jacobs position on a different contract.
Got hired .. within 4 months i got laid off with a 18 month lease to deal with.Office I was in was only a trailer with two desks. Of course coworker had no common curiosity and just worried about them, if hot or cold, heater up or down. It was terrible. I ended wearing thermals under my clothes just to keep warm at work, in the office.Not worth the time and effort getting hired here.
Pros
Cons
everything
  1. Employee reviews