Jacobs

Jacobs Management reviews

Found 1,558 reviews matching the search See all 4,697 reviews
Good starter job
Pay is mediocre
Advancement opportunities are not available
Any raise or requests take forever
Decent place to work for someone that just got out of high school
Pros
Stable job, 401k match, insurance packages
Cons
Pay, management, time sensitivity
Company cares more about making a profit then it does about it's employees.
Program Planning and Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD27 February 2020
The Company is purely money driven and it shows. Routinely worked long hours because employees are expected to put the company and work load above anything else.
Productive work place
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TX26 February 2020
Safety oriented company where employees work as a team. Great upper management and HR department. I learned a lot about the industrial electrical field and the construction safety field.
I found Jacobs to be a respectful and fair employer.
Insulator Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB24 February 2020
I was treated with the utmost respect, during my 4 months with Jacobs.
They encouraged and appreciated my talents and abilities.
The management truly has an open door policy and are reasonable and friendly.
Pros
Great pay, good work enviroment
Cons
No job security
Good EPCM company
Package Electrical Engineer, Oyu Tolgoi Project (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 February 2020
Diverse market
various disciplines and functions.
geographically diverse.
Does defense, Aerospace, infrastructure, Energy, Chemicals and resources.
Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management
To much buddy buddy Favouritism
Heavy Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 February 2020
They fired me for pulling a muscle, I was ready to work next day. They treated me like a criminal I did nothing wrong. Vary bad experience . Vary buddy buddy atmosphere.
productive, great people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK22 February 2020
Very interesting work. Great workplace culture. What I enjoyed was the freedom to advance myself as I got to learn more about the company. The hours were very nice. I was able to come in when I needed to and work 9 hour days and 4 hours on Friday. If I had a print job that would be a little distracting to other employees I was able to arrive in the early AM (4am if needed) and work without disrupting anyone and work my 9 hours and leave. I worked with a lot of very interesting and helpful people.
Pros
The ability to have the opportunity to add as much new work as I desired.
Cons
compensation, some managers were not experienced in management
Sad company
Other (Former Employee) –  Arizona20 February 2020
This company sucks, The pay is horrible and its all about the upper management getting a monthly bonus at the end of the month, They have taken pay away from most of the people, workers feel unfairly treated. Do not trust anyone who you think may be your friend, because they are not, the Department of Labor should be called on this company for Labor laws. As for benefits, they are a joke.
Pros
Cons
All of it
just another contracted construction labor job
Project Construction Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AK18 February 2020
Like many oil field construction outfits, "good old boy" alliances prevail.When Jacobs absorbs a contract they drag friends along regardless of talent and lay off skill often laying off skilled tallent to promote "good old boys" regardless of abilities.
Pros
Safe place to work
Cons
Favoritism in the management ranks
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2020
I learned a lot from this experience.
Aided management in market research for prospective clients Maintained client information database
Creative design for special company events
Identified weaknesses of multicultural experiential marketing programs through target market research.
Conducted market research in national markets to locate potential specialty accounts.
Worked as one family.
Lead Document Control at Jacobs (Former Employee) –  Qatar18 February 2020
A very good work environment to work with. There were many busy times but it was always fun and productive. The management and bosses cares for you, treated you well and fair.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No yearly bonus, Unable to provide new opportunity
Good people at office, excellent HR staff, poor executive management
Senior ICS Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD16 February 2020
Very turbulent upper management. I've had 6 different bosses in the last year. Leadership changes so much that nobody can tell what works and what doesn't. Starved for lab resources.

Despite initial promises of less than 10% travel, overnight travel can be as high as 50%. Inter-division politics get in the way of getting anything done.

That said, the people in the trenches doing the work are all pretty decent. Office culture is good, we just are simply too tied up with the upper management drama and inter-division politics to get anything done.
Good Company
Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Garyville, LA14 February 2020
Enjoyed my time with them great pay and great people Management on down were excellent didn't really care for the people who went around chain of command but it is what it or
Average
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ14 February 2020
Management is disconnected. They continue to acquire companies and are constantly in a state of transition. Never feels like a place to hang your hat.
The coworkers were helpful
Control System Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 February 2020
The coworkers were ready to help in all area of engineering. The most enjoyable part was I was able to go home at the regular times. Management did change at times but the coworkers rarely change.
I loved working here
Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Designer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO11 February 2020
Very mature management. This is really what it's all about. If there's immature management (ego, favoritism, abrasiveness) you're not going to like the company.

This was an excellent place to work.

I regret leaving tbh
Poor Management
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TX8 February 2020
I love the work plus there was always something to do. Although the management and leadership not to mention communication skills were very poor. I felt I had to be the leader instantly. That was a role I am familiar with and took upon to provide structure within the company.
Favoritism abounds
CORPORATE BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO6 February 2020
As a white, heterosexual, Christian female, I felt so uncomfortable and excluded from the company "Values" that I resigned. Newcomers definitely have to check certain boxes to have favorite status - thus during the time I was there, I watched several good employees walk out the door.
decent company but is a victim of its size and being publicly traded
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2020
Not a bad company but you can tell that it's now publicly traded. There is a huge disconnect between management and teams and very little of the old school mentality survives. The company (CH2M) used to be involved in R&D, used to have a lab, used to get involved with university research. Interns and juniors should make sure that there are existing projects to work on and a mentorship structure (like have a mentor named). At times it can look a little like the Hunger Games for the juniors as they hope to get hours...
Pros
some good projects, strong safety culture
Cons
gross margin is the highest priority much of the time
Good to work for no issues
Pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 February 2020
No issues, work till jobs are done friendly and saftey 1st makeing sure workers are safe,and double checking work is always a priority. Workers and management are always trying to work together to make sure jobs are safely done and workers are aware of any situations that arise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K