James Whelan Butchers

James Whelan Butchers Employee Reviews

James whelan management will tell it's the place to work.. it's not!! Some management is willing to change but the higher up management is not AND don't care about you. If you have a pt job keep it the rest is up to YOU.
Pros
Keep busy
Cons
No life. Roster changes day by day with no notice and expected to do it.
Treated like a dog ,At my time in Cornelscourt was dreadful whistled at like some sort of animal , Management smart and arrogant nothing ever good enough or fast enough . At one stage was shoved aside by a particular manager/butcher, stay away from the place unless you like too be treated like a dog.
Pros
Cons
Too many
While the work is fulfilling and colleagues are great to work with, the management on the other hand are the worst I've ever come across. A real superiority complex and looked down upon. Sucked every bit of enjoyment out of the work
Pros
Kept busy, time flies
Cons
Very controlling, overworked staff under appreciated.
I wouldn’t recommend working here, from not being allowed to laugh to nearly loosing a job for telling the steam manager you’re tired after working 3 14/15 hour shifts in a row. Absolutely no consideration from the higher ups of anyone’s mental well being or general health. Anything you say won’t be believed and everything will be questioned.
Pros
Cons
Where do I start
It is a big company but they couldn't care less about its staff. It will advertise a lovely story about the company culture but they treat staff as a peasants. I wished all the customers knew about how staff is treated because to tell you the truth, they wouldn't support the shop for a second more. I worked with a great team but the mood would be brought down by the poor management. There is always something wrong, the staff would fix it then the management would give out about it again. No winning.
Pros
busy
Cons
poor management and not treated nicely as staff
Long days, one break, a lot of cultures mixed in together which created a divide. No job satisfaction. Loads of pressure and demands. Worst place I ever worked. Very poor English present, people just speak their own language.
Pros
take home near gone off food
Cons
long hours, bad culture, too much pressure, one break
I'm working with the company for over a year now and love it. Its so refreshing to work in an environment where your ideas are listened to and where everyone is so friendly and approachable. The company is in the process of expanding and creating great opportunities for the more junior members of the team in the years to come which is great that they have something to aspire to.
Cons
Its hard work, but very fulfilling