Johnson & Johnson

Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews

I recommend to everyone to work there. It's a company that cares about its workers. It always seeks the welfare of the employee and very supportive, with the situation of Covid-19 the company gave the best of itself. It has a very good relationship between the normal and the personal. It is very flexible when looking for work alternatives that benefit the company and the employee. Very good salary conditions. Impeccable cultural and social conditions.
I work on reducing the amount of missing and multiple lenses found in the packets. I tie in with my supervisor daily and prepare for the next production line to be installed with the missing and multiple lens detection system. I aid in overseeing the project installation and validating the new system.
Good place to work,management and co-workers always worked together to makesure on day ran smoothly. Learnt a lot about controlled documents and safety guidelines and that there is no shortcuts when dealing with human sight. Repack was a good experience,worked well under pressure to make hourly and daily targets,at a very high standard for the clients.
Pros
On occasion
Cons
Long hours when you have a young family.
While working here I was fortunate enough to get trained in the following: Cognex vision systems Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs Mitsubishi robots Bar code readers Sensors, Pneumatics & Electrics
-I was in charge of invoicing several customers, following the company procedures and some other office tasks as updating database and enter data in the System -I learned how to use the SAP -Management is very easygoing and extrict at the same time, understanding the day a day troubles. -The co-workers were very nice in all fields , helping each other and always in the mood -The hardest part of the job was that was far away from the place i live. - The thing i like the most is the co-workers and learning and developing my profesional career everyday.
Pros
good salary
Cons
far away from my home
You will loads of new technology in this company , and you are encouraged to use your own initiative in problem solving, so if you like constantly solving issues its a good place to be.
Pros
Good wages and nice staff
Cons
Long Hours
I have learned a lot from my time in Vistakon from the point of view of working in the medical device industry. I have learned the important of being compliant and following procedures. I work with great people and there is a great team of people working in the Quality Control laboratory.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Long hours and shift work
My job entailed processing invoices and credit notes. I would also organise invoices and credit notes into their separate companies and make sure all supplies bought were paid off. I learned that diligence and concentration is key when doing this job. My manager was very supportive and provided the encouragement I needed to do the job as best I could. My co-workers were also very supportive and welcoming. They provided me with advice and made my time at Johnson and Johnson Depuy very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the responsibility although it taught me a lot about the business and my abilities. The most enjoyable part of my job was the motivated staff surrounding me and encouraging me to do my best at all times.
Pros
Food quality in canteen
Cons
Great company and very nice people. Nice working hours 8:00 - 16:30 Good canteen facility: nice and fresh food., free lunches on Christmas and Easter
This has been one of my favorite workplaces. The commute was terrible, but while I was at work I was able to focus and enjoy my work and I was surrounded by people doing the same. Whenever I interview for a new contract now, I insist on seeing the workplace in action, and I compare the environment to Vistakon.
I had a great experiance working in vistakon for the 2013 summer. It was my first job out in industry and learned alot from it.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long Hours
typical day was to have all my numbers and keep the productive line continuously running and ahead of my deadline so that when the turn over of shift I was behind I was always ahead. made sure to pay great detail to my work as I was working with a grade three medical device. continuously watching of all sensors and belts were fully operating. keeping all my computer work was up to the highest standard all paperwork was in on time.
My time spent working at Vistakon, JNJ, helped me hone my core skills, both professional and technical, whilst gaining valuable experience from the working world of engineering. In the life science industry I quickly learned that getting results in engineering is not only ‘hands on’ but also critically dependent on being as informed as possible, ensuring compliance and remaining thoughtful of one’s responsibilities.
Working in a high tech and high volume environment with large emphasis on yield and output. the people i work with daily are highly motivated and its necessary to be a team player to be of benefit to the production lines,we also have to be in constant contact with superiors for continual improvement and advice.
Pros
Free Healthcare, bonus scheme
Cons
shift work and weekend work.
overall a very good place to work, the job itself was satisfying and the staff and co workers were friendly and supportive of new people arriving. however the main reason i would like to leave is because its a very long drive and quite hazardous in the frosty mornings. Im also on a short term contract with no benefits.
Cons
long traveling distance
i injoy working here as its a busy company the work i do is interesting and my colleegs are great . very clean and safe place to work canteen is well run and allways suply safty iquipment wen needed .
Pros
well run and fairly priced canteen
Cons
good hours plenty over over time
Quality Control Laboratory Assistant Shift Work (12 hour shifts) 84 hours work over a two week period (7 shifts)
typical day at work includes maintaining and increasing efficiencies and improvements to manufacturing lines.Every line has a team of 3 people which work as a team.
Pros
permanent job / decent salary/ pension/Health insurance
Cons
been on continuous shift work for to many years
provided good training, safe environment, typical day was finding faults with the lines and fixing them, ie air leaks, water leaks, motor failures, electronic failures. my co-workers were a very dedicated hard working group.
12 hour shift work is tough, days off during the week are nice but working every long weekend and al over christmas and every other holiday wasn't great
Pros
ability to swap shifts
Cons
12 hour shifts
I spent a month in the Accounts Department of Vistakon on work experience. It was a great opportunity to work in a very busy Multinational Company . The staff in the Accounts Department were very helpful and I learned a lot in my time there.
  1. Employee reviews