Jurys Inn Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting
Accomadation assistsant (Former Employee) –  Cork2 July 2019
Very therapeutic when working alone. good because u get free meals. Gorgeous uniforms,comfy and pretty. U have the appreciation of being friendly with customers in accomadation housekeeping area. Loved hoovering, oiling lifts and cleaning lobby areas. No need for computer skills when beginning.treating bedrooms needs a bit of practising. But as long as all detergents air freshners cloths polish lots and lots of towels and hoovers are easy at hand without having to share in order to get work done much quicker,not by means of being selfish or anything .just stating the facts in my experience.had to leave because I fell madly in love and became pregnant.wanted to go back.Kind of wary of making friends. Because I already have close friends and when working with others its hard.but at the same time its difficult if u can't mix.I think others dislike that.and that way u get less support.I am basing this review on many years ago.though seriously thinking of reapplying for more work in the housekeeping area.
Pros
Oiling lifts
Cons
Long hrs
Growing and Diverse Company
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Galway27 July 2017
I joined the Galway Team towards the end of 2016 and it has been a whirlwind journey.. started as Gss reception and after I felt I mastered opera and the front desk, I requested training in FnB.. talked to HR and the different HODs and a plan was very quickly put in place. After one and a half years in the company I was made Duty Manager, a role I am still learning. If you are looking to progress your career and learn different aspects of the trade, Jurys is the company for you!!
Pros
Colleagues, Career progression
Cons
Not really a con- city centre Hotel means each day will be busy
Great Place to Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Galway27 July 2017
I've worked with this hotel for many years and can honestly say I really enjoy going to work each day. There is a strong supportive team who want to help and support each other. The hotel is busy all of the time and everyone works hard but the procedures are in place to make sure everyone can do their job properly without being under pressure. Good perks including discounted rooms in all of the Jurys Inns.
Pros
Cheap room rates for employees in any of the Jurys Inn hotels
Empresa dinâmica
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 November 2016
O trabalho como housekeeping é bem dinâmico e díficil ao memo tempo. Um trabalho que exige muito esforço físico e muita agilidade. É complicado lidar com a questão do isolamento enquando realiza as tarefas dentro de uma acomodação. Porém é um trabalho que proporciona muitas surpresas no dia a dia.
Os colegas de trabalho são bem diferentes uns dos outros, mas todos compreendem que estão no mesmo ambiente e conseguimos formar uma ótima relação de trabalho.
Pros
Refeição na empresa, descontos na rede de hóteis Jurys
Cons
Não fornece vale transporte
Gss to manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jury s Inn Cork28 October 2016
Jurys Inn Cork gave me the tools and skills that started my career in the hospitality industry. Its a fantastic place to work. From my interview I knew this was the company I wanted to work for. The HR Manager explained all of the Learning and development opportunities that were available to me. I started as a guest service staff team member and quickly gain the skills and capabilities that gave me the confidence to apply for a managers position. It's constant focus on people and their learning and development in my opinion makes it an employer of choice. There is a great team and everyone assists each other. Lots of fun activities with a real genuine focus on acknowledging and nurturing talent.
Pros
L&d, Social activities, rewards and recognition, E- learning
Cons
There is only one hotel in Cork
No self respect and love being demeaned - This is the place for you.
Guest Service Staff - Head Barman (Former Employee) –  Cork3 September 2016
By far and away the worst company I have ever worked for. The training is laughable and the level of micro management is appalling.

The training is doing a a few modules on the computer and doing a very basic test at the end of each one, once the module is passed training done.

As soon as you sign off on it then the company absolves itself of all responsibility and the buck is on your head and they have no problem beginning formal procedure if you mess up.

In the short 5 months I was there over 26 staff left not including myself and I know of a further few in the past 2 weeks since I left.

There is zero appreciation for staff by management especially HR as they do nothing but make false promises to rope you in and once you realise the wool was pulled over your eyes the threats begin.

In with experience HR is supposed to be approachable and non confrontational, unfortunately jury's have adopted neither and bullying staff to submission is the tacit of approach.

They claim to be a gold standard in investing in staff which is the most laughable thing of all, all contacts are zero hours none guaranteed.

Anyone with an ounce of self respect couldn't tolerate the demeaning atmosphere of this environment.
Pros
The guests
Cons
Long hours, no respect for staff, bullying HR, Min wage for covering multiple roles.
Join us today! You will not reget it!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 August 2016
I love my job! I love that I can say that I Love my job! I joined the team here in Dublin nearly two years ago and I havent looked back!
I get to work in a company who genuinely appreciate the team, invest in their development and engagement. I speak with friends about our activities and lunch provided and they are gobsmacked at what we get!
I work hard in my job and reap the benefits!
Join us today! You will not reget it!
Pros
Team and Cutlure
Cons
Very fast paced
Great palce to work - apply today
Reception supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2016
This company provides such a diverse and interesting work environmnet, no day is the same!
I've worked for over 2 years now in this company, started as entry level and now an on track to be a manager in the coming months!
The development that is provided, the engagement and care given to the teams is phenomenal! I would promote this company and industry to anyone who is willing to work hard, build relationships within teams and exceed customer expectations! DO IT TODAY!
Pros
Meals on duty, engagement activities, holidays, communication, training, uniform
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Steady job, basic wage
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 April 2016
This job was very good in terms of people, the management was fine and the personnel were exceptional. Higher management was distant and the benefits were not existent. The work was difficult but doable and the hours and labor made it very difficult to have any kind of social life.
Pros
free food
Cons
mostly weekend work
F/T Assistant accommodation (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D4 September 2015
It was a good place to work, but I was looking for more hours. Great location and good team. I was promoted and had my own section and worked in public areas.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Short hours