JYSK

JYSK Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews

Great place to develop retail skills

Great place to work if you're looking to develop a great work ethic. The management are flexible and willing to give you you chance to grow learn and gain valuable experience. It is hard work but you will come out of it a better employee

Pros

Flexible hours, great work culture

Cons

Hard work, sometimes long hours

Stressful and under appreciated

I haven't been working for the company for very long but it is the absolute worst place I've ever been. The manager and the other manager haven't a clue what they're doing. So much is expected of staff and all you get in return is abuse and no real training. I couldn't recommend enough staying away from this place absolutely awful altogether.

Pros

I wish there was any

Cons

Not one unfortunately

Work people

JYSK overall was a ok company to work for each store has very little staff which makes it very stressful you are over worked for the amount you receive, the people are amazing

JYSK Limerick horrible place to work

STAY AWAY. The worst company and place to work. Extremely stressful. Overworked and underpaid. Abused constantly by customers because the place is so disorganised. Managers do NOT support staff or help in any way. Do not bother to work here. The application process is so long and ridiculous. Staff leave all the time. Truly the worst place to work. They will tell you they are a company that cares about staff, but they do not one bit. So many problems with this company. AVOID at all cost!!

Overworked and underpaid

A very stressful environment physically and mentally, very bad work environment and the company claims to care but will use you as another body that they can push as much as possible for as little given back as possible

Hard labour for minimum wage

Very stressful and unorganised job, sales Assistant works tills, stocks shelves, cleans, sorts stock room and other tasks. When at the tills the sales Assistant must go into stock room and put boxes as heavy as 35kg+ on trolleys to bring back out to customer all day long. That is if the item is ever in stock, continuously given out to by the customer due to no stock of many items. Busy shop with 2-3 tills open which results in customers complaining daily to the over worked staff. Click and collect on the website is very often wrong with stock levels. Given the hard labour of lifting boxes all day long which results in back pain you would think you’d get more than minimum wage. There is a bonus every month but still the pay does not equal the work. Very large turnover for this reason.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Heavy lifting, stressful environment

Very poor company to work for.

In the interview they inform you that they care about there staff as a top priority. However, I have never worked for a company that cares so little for its staff. Highly labour intensive, huge work load placed on staff for absolutely nothing in return. They pay a little above minimum wage. Honestly congratulations its the least they may do for what they expect. Ordering system is an absolute disgrace resulting in angry customers taking it out on staff every single day of the week. Poorest management I have ever seen in a company don't even get me started.

Pros

None. Absolutely none.

Professional work place

One of the best company to work for,where you can develop yourself both professional and personal and you have a lot of opportunities to promote if you are committed.

Great staff, very helpful and hard working managment

Loved the staff I worked with managers are also best I've had the pleasure to work with over a 30 year working career. Safety not great, heavy lifting done by all that would be stopped immediately if heath and safety came in. No ppe, cars and trucks fly at ridiculous speeds out the back. Very dangerous place to work. Manual handling course done on line. Working in warehouse you have to lift weights up to 50 kilos on your own all day. Everyday burning in excess of 5000 calories crazy for 10,90 an hour. Masks for covid you have to buy yourself. Mainly though you would not last 2 yrs without seriously damaging your back. Everyone in warehouse had back injury to some degree with all having to pay for treatment even if injury happened there and you lost a day's pay. Al in all I miss the good people but regrettably I quit the first job in my working life after a mere three months, very understaffed aswell.

Pros

1 break

Cons

No health care, staff a means to an end in the jysk set up.

Horrible environment and company

Terrible company to work for, no compassion. Reports of bullying or harassment in the work area get ignored by higher management. Stressful environment to work in, often left alone at the serving area and expected to try and juggle numerous tasks, very frustrating to attempt to locate other colleagues during busy times!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • JYSK
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?