KFC

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Found 230 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,260 reviews

Poor

No work/life balanceManagement is very toxic and barely cares about employeesExpects you to do everything despite the low wage/salarySome people in the management are nice

Don't do it

Complete chaos.Management is laughable.Paper Paychecks bi-weekly!Seriously, paper paychecks! No Direct DepositNo early morning hours is the only perc that I can think of.

Lazy

Management sucks no flexibility will not work around time needed off. Disorganized no room. To grow 1 day off a week with barley 40hrs not worth the pay

Ok

It was not the best place to work although paid the bills, had enough shifts. Fast paced work in peak hours (after school and lunch time). Work life balance was good

Very low pay for work they want provided

Very low pay Never give raises and on call and expect to answer phone with out pay and drop everything and go back to work As long as your a body there that’s good enough never have people on cash or d/T that speak English that u can understand

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No raises

Not terrible but not great

Wouldn’t recommend going into management, the pays alright but you can never please your superiors, always threatening you and excusing terrible behaviours. You don’t get penalty rates nor do you get paid for the hours you work as you’re salary. Not a bad place to work as a first job but definitely don’t step up.

Pros

Free meal every shift

Cons

Underpaid and overworked

Extremely poor place to work

I was a manager at Kfc for 3 months before I leftThey expect to much from managers with very little benefits in return If you don’t stay on hours after you stopped getting paid to help it’s frowned upon Stay away

If you like living to work, you'll do great.

Opportunities for progression are easy to come by. However the company is losing restaurant managers rapidly as the job is very demanding with a poor work life balance and the salary doesn't reflect the amount of time you'll need to dedicate to the role, to be successful.

Move on to something better

60 hour work weeks for $11 an hour. No benefits, constant micro management and pressure from district managers to meet unattainable sales goals. Young people, go to college.

Productive fun place to work

Could be a fun place to work if you can keep staff. I think Kfc should pay more than $11/hr other companies are offering more and I’m sure they are going to these locations to get jobs.

Pros

Free lunch, benefits

Cons

Shifts, staffing

It's usually a fun and productive day at work.

Come get a job at KFC in Morton, Illinois. Always hiring great people. We are hiring for both first and second shifts. Looking for crew members and management.

Pros

Free meals

They are an easy company but they don’t pay good but want you to work short handed and be productive with great and fast service

Pay was awful supervisors don’t do their jobs and want your arm, legs,liver, and kidney but pay real little. They want you to go above and beyond but pay is little

Pros

Work hours

Cons

All the above

No work life balance

It’s not a bad job but they expect management to work 50+ hours a week. They make you do this by giving you low pay but allowing all of this overtime. It gets tiring quickly and makes it very hard to spend time with your family

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Low pay, bad work/life balance, barely any benefits

Fun place to work you really enjoy your co workers bit not the management

Easy job workers make it enjoyable upper management are very unprofessional and show favoritism will even go so far as to hiring there own family members

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No benefits

Selfish headoffice but job itself is fun

Head office selfish and inconsiderate, the job itself can be fun but very stressful. There is a lot of pressure. They do have pros but cons over take them and they even drain you with hours, even if you have a specified contract.

Pros

Free lunches, some what flexible depending on manager

Cons

Long hours, less labour and low pay

Bad pay, but it made up for it in atmosphere

I worked here for years. It was the best job I have ever had. There is a low pay rate, but it is the best atmosphere I've ever worked in. Awesome managers who want you to do well.

Pros

Free lunch.

Cons

Bad pay

Happy to work at kfc

Start 2019 there are no more additional salary .. when you are work more and long ..maybe becouse off this covid 19 issues in intire world.. but we are workers..

Stressful at times

Some team members are great and treat you like family. Pay is close to minimum wage for managers. Getting raises and promotions..... your going to be waiting a while. To my knowledge there is no paid time off unless your are over a store.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fast food customers

Over worked and underpaid

When working at kfc you have decent opportunity to advance to a higher position. However, when elevated to a better position they do not pay according to responsibilities held. You are made to work extra hard because the managers higher up don’t help in the store at all whether it is helping hire new talent or keeping good talent. They talk to people like they are better than everyone and expect you to be ok with it.

Pros

Monthly bonus opportunity

Cons

No healthcare provided to anyone

We was like a family

It was a great time working at KFC we worked as a team . We didn’t have a lot of employees so it was a very tight but we didn’t let that get in are way we worked harder.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Hard working

OverallWorking at kfc you have to be very consistent and a fast learner. Working at kfc has gave my growing benefits I started as a regular employee and Now I am a assistant manager.