KFC Employee Reviews for Team Member

The job itself is not hard, however it is quite demanding. Hours usually are worked around your own schedule if reasonable. Pay is poor for the level of work included, but a very positive workspace with lots of room to make and correct mistakes.
I started in KFC back in July 2020 to where i finished in November 2020. All together I didn’t enjoy my experience working as I wasn’t happy with how I was treated and the rate of pay.The staff are lovely and so helpful.Free staff uniforms, meals and 20% discount
Pros
Free Uniform, Meal and training
Cons
Bad Pay, long hours, poor management
They all spoke about me in their language because I was the only one who was Irish working. They belittled me, they threw away legal documentation that was meant to be sent to head office and mad me so depressed.
Pros
Cons
Will always tell you what you did wrong and never what you did right.
Management were unprofessional, often checking up on cameras to ensure employees were carrying out tasks properly. Invasion of privacy and insulting to say the least. Minimum wage, understaffed, long hours.
Pros
Good training, free lunch, good incentives such as employee of the month prizes.
Cons
Bad management, lack of teamwork, long hours with not enough staff
• Provided hospitality, working upfront greeting and providing friendly customer service • Maintained high level of customer service during high volume, fast paced operations • Operated the drive through window and sales register quickly and efficiently
Pros
organized
Cons
short hours
Very Good Time working in KFC. The best social work ever .. you meet plenty people and if you are person who like be amongst people that is place for you . Work is hard.. and place is busy but with good team nothing is difficult.
No appreciation for staff Staff are blamed for everything Either too much or too little hours being given Customers are horrible! Always giving out over things you have no control over Staff are so lovely, nicest people ever Management are very easy going for giving days off Management are very understanding Sometimes too under-staffed so staff are under-pressure No opportunities to advance
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Customers
I appreciate every type of working, so it was a good experience. I've learned how to provide great customer service in gastronomy industry and how to train new team members.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful environment
My time working at Kfc was horrible. We were seriously under staffed, the manager didnt care about our health i work 13 days solid 10 to 11 hours a day for those 13 days. The staff get treated horribly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
under staffed and no thanks for anything
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KFC?
Nice co-workers and good management. I learned how to work fast and accurate . I learned the proper procedure to prevent cross contamination. I worked 9 hours 5 days a week.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Working in KFC cold be hard, you have different shifts throw the week and you have to be very fast and handle with stress. Onn the other hand is not a bad place to start working. For someone like me, who English is not my first language was pretty good to learn English and meet people.
Pros
International environment
Cons
shifts, stressful, salary
Very friendly staff. never didn't want to go into work. loved the experience and loved to work as part of a big team. loved the staff and the customers everyday was different and more exciting
Kfc is a very underestimated job. Fast food jobs take a lot of work. There are many different experiences I have from working there some I love and some I dread.While working here , i gain customer service experiance as well as working in a fast paced enviroment . Enjoyed coming to work .
Issuing work orders, working in team Import/export of goods, Storage products Preparing fast food Working with papers and delivery
Pros
free food
This was an enjoyable job, and I quickly learned what was involved in my role. - I worked on tills most of the time, as I was efficient and happy to work with the customers. I also helped count stock, clean the premises, check everything was functioning properly, closing down the tills, and preparing food. - I learned a lot about food hygiene, and remembering orders and recipes ect. - the hardest part of my job was dealing with the long hours. - the most enjoyable part was getting to work with people all the time, and being consistently occupied.
Pros
Free lunch to the value of €6.00
Cons
long hours, always an your feet
Great job to improve team work skills, communication skills..
I like working at KFC because it has allowed me to gain neew skills. I never get bored of working there. The managers and shift-runners constantly coach team members and reassure us when we are performing well. Co-workers are friendly and team-work is one of our first principles.
Pros
Free meal, part-time and full-time, constant training and coaching
Cons
Too little hours for both part-time and full-time workers, no transportation availability for night shifts
My typical day at work in K.F.C is serving customers to my best ability. I learned how to work as a team,On my own and under pressure. The management in K.F.C are helpful and constructive from showing me the ropes to aknowledging me as a friend not only an employee. The co-workers are quite helpful and make the workplace a friendly and comfortable place to work. The hardest part of the job that I find is taking on a co-workers job i.e, (when we are short of staff). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to have a laugh with the people I work with.
Pros
free meals for lunch
Cons
not enough hours in the winter
Lots of back stabbing and the manager is a bully!!!Some of the co-workers were really nice, the hardest part of the job was trying to deal with the manager and the most enjoyable part of the job was when the manager was off!