KFC Management reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 26,709 reviews
The most degrading place I've ever worked in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2020
They all spoke about me in their language because I was the only one who was Irish working. They belittled me, they threw away legal documentation that was meant to be sent to head office and mad me so depressed.
Pros
Cons
Will always tell you what you did wrong and never what you did right.
Poor/ Unfair Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary30 September 2019
Poor Management. He doesn’t care about your health what so ever! No System followed! He only cares about his shift and nobody else. Can take whatever days he wants off but when it comes to something urgent in your life, He doesn’t want to hear about it! Understaffed! Most of the workers would have done 3-close or full day and be in again for 9 in the morning! Illegal! He makes you do middle and front at the same time while he sits in the office! Half an hour break for 8 hours. He doesn’t pay you for the hours you stay on longer! STAY CLEAR!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Disorganised management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Monaghan18 August 2019
Management were unprofessional, often checking up on cameras to ensure employees were carrying out tasks properly. Invasion of privacy and insulting to say the least. Minimum wage, understaffed, long hours.
Pros
Good training, free lunch, good incentives such as employee of the month prizes.
Cons
Bad management, lack of teamwork, long hours with not enough staff
Incredibly exhausting job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 June 2019
A typical say is STRESS, that's all. The only thing getting you through shifts would be the staff you work with, and even then its hard. So many rude customers and kids you face daily. Very fast paced job constantly running around, lots of cleaning. Most of it is really not worth it in the long run. You would kill yourself if you worked longer than a year there. Only good thing was the hours were good when you have college, and free staff meal, which was constantly being threatened to be taken off if we didn't upsell or get customers to do surveys. Management were friendly but main manager was rude always, and never does stock count correctly which leads to never having items in store, and of course customers complaining. There is never enough staff on shift and too much workload on the staff. Sucks to work here, only go if you are EXTREMELY desperate, if not continue your job search else where.
Pros
one free staff meal
Cons
everything really
Ok for a first job
Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Little Island Roads, County Cork26 May 2019
No appreciation for staff
Staff are blamed for everything
Either too much or too little hours being given
Customers are horrible! Always giving out over things you have no control over
Staff are so lovely, nicest people ever
Management are very easy going for giving days off
Management are very understanding
Sometimes too under-staffed so staff are under-pressure
No opportunities to advance
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Customers
difficult hard work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin12 June 2018
team is great but the hardest part is the customers
hours often too long as staff cal in sick often and management expect you to pick up the slack
not the best secruity especially on night shifts
busy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clondalkin, County Dublin7 August 2017
Nice co-workers and good management. I learned how to work fast and accurate . I learned the proper procedure to prevent cross contamination. I worked 9 hours 5 days a week.
Pros
free lunch
work and fun
cook (Former Employee) –  Cork7 July 2017
in KFC, worked as a cook. management and staff are excellent. during this period I learned so many things. this job is my first job in Ireland, this is the basic step of customer interaction or service, in KFC sometimes I worked in the drive-through section, at that time I have a clear idea about customer service and what customer needs.
good place to work, gaining experience in fast food industry. However management is poor.
Cashier Duties (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin11 April 2017
Nice place to work it was something to start with for me as it as my first ever job. I enjoyed dealing with customers and made really good friends with colleagues. The only negative aspect was how it was managed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
It was really nice store and nice customers there
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saggart, County Dublin23 January 2017
I start there as a cashier but I promote very quickly. it was really hard but was achievable. I learn hard work , pressure , complains, fun. The management wasn't bad the just could more thankful and pay better. In overall I was happy bee there and thankful for job opportunity.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, not paid overtimes
Very stressful
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow18 November 2016
Management is really bad. No job securities. Long hours, treating people like s...Management doing whatever they want. Sitting in the office all day. Pushing to the new employees so much just to get on them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Treated like a pawn with no job security
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ireland12 September 2016
This company have one thing in mind and that is to make money, I know that is most companies but it is drilled into you from the moment you get in the door to the moment you leave. you are bombarded with negativity on how you perform and how the company can replace you at an instant. you dont feel like you are contributing and are constantly reminded that you are very dispensible. KFC on their website pride themselves on staff retention but from my experience and i worked here for over a year and there is constantly staff leaving from such issues as stress, bullying, unrealistic expectations for staff who are only making minimum wage. This company needs to realise. if you want a good staff and you are a multi billion dollar industry that you pay your staff better if you expect the world and give them nothing in return other than minimum wage
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Bad Management, mistreatment, low wages, main focus on profit and no staff welfare
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 July 2016
everyone is friendly, and nice place to work, but the work was less chanllenge, good and clear management procedure, hard work but easy to learn
Nice people to work with.
Fast Food Staff (Former Employee) –  CorkCity3 May 2016
Typical day of work would involve cleaning, engaging customers and working well with others. I learned a lot from working there. I learned how to work in a high stress environment ensuring customers were happy and satisfied with their service. I also learned how to work off my own initiative and become my own person. The management were all very nice and approachable. My co-workers were brilliant. I learned a lot from them and became good friends with a few. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I could be working anything from 35 to 45 hours a week. I'd have to work late nights and would not return home until midnight at times. I found it hard to balance life and work as a wouldn't have much time to do things I enjoy, such as, playing music, going to gigs or hanging out with friends. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the customers. Although there were a few difficult ones, the majority of which were lovely and i joyed getting to know some of the regulars.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Team member (Current Employee) –  Leitrim (Carrick-On-Shannon)2 October 2012
My typical day at work in K.F.C is serving customers to my best ability. I learned how to work as a team,On my own and under pressure. The management in K.F.C are helpful and constructive from showing me the ropes to aknowledging me as a friend not only an employee. The co-workers are quite helpful and make the workplace a friendly and comfortable place to work. The hardest part of the job that I find is taking on a co-workers job i.e, (when we are short of staff). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to have a laugh with the people I work with.
Pros
free meals for lunch
Cons
not enough hours in the winter