KFC

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,701 reviews

Ok workplace

Over all good experience working in kfc pay is low for how fast paced and stressful it can be no bonuses throughout the year lunch is free overall management above stores isn't great

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Low pay

Horrible place to work

Management was beyond rude to all staff, with all the stress that comes with it from the management and the customers you are not paid enough for what you have to deal with

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, management, pay rate

management

Very good place to work but the management is completely inappropriate, do not recommend to get a job here.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad management

Absolutely awful

If you are considering applying just don’t. Terrible pay for terrible work. Highest staff turnover I have ever seen and horrible customers. You get free food though for lunch but you’ll get sick of it soon enough.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lazy management

Good work place!

Company is good to work for, but the pay is just not great and not many benefits either! Managers are lovely and very helpful to the staff but it’s the money that I disagree with minimum wage with nothing extra, no overtime for Sunday work either. Overall a good place to work, but for the salary ruins it sometimes.

Pros

Happy environment

Cons

Bad salary

This place was tough

The staff were great fun and I'm trauma bonded to all my past colleagues ( and there was many as the staff turnover rate is really high) constantly understaffed and underpaid also monthly pay which is a near death sentence, I was promoted quite quickly only after a few months which helped me getting other jobs but the pay and benefits of the promotion were next to none. 40hour contract that didn't include breaks and no overtime paid. I left in 2019 so hopeful things have changed but I doubt it.

Pros

Staff meal

Cons

Low pay, night shifts, working unpaid if closing wasnt complted on time, high standards

friendly staf and productive work place

We have friendly team at KFC , helping each other in evrything and good management. When its bussy evrybody is ready to help others to help the restaurant and customers to enjoy the food and service.

Pros

Free lunches

Anyone higher than restaurant manager will not care

I would not recommend KFC job to anyone they won't care for you need won't care if you've done extra hour won't get any time during Christmas period company is very Snakey they will try and catch u out

Pros

Cons

No benefit

KFC job

I started in KFC back in July 2020 to where i finished in November 2020. All together I didn’t enjoy my experience working as I wasn’t happy with how I was treated and the rate of pay.The staff are lovely and so helpful.Free staff uniforms, meals and 20% discount

Pros

Free Uniform, Meal and training

Cons

Bad Pay, long hours, poor management

Fast paced

The job itself is not hard, however it is quite demanding. Hours usually are worked around your own schedule if reasonable. Pay is poor for the level of work included, but a very positive workspace with lots of room to make and correct mistakes.

dull

nice job, good environment, safe workplace, training is provided, i dont think the pay is good enough for the amount of work involved in the job, you get free food for break.

Kfc

It was my first job and it was decent, salary was terrible some weeks you wouldnt even get paid for what you worked, staff are nice, manager was a bit ignorant couldve been nicer, got let go because there wasn’t enough hours but i find that hard to believe

Disorganised management

Management were unprofessional, often checking up on cameras to ensure employees were carrying out tasks properly. Invasion of privacy and insulting to say the least. Minimum wage, understaffed, long hours.

Pros

Good training, free lunch, good incentives such as employee of the month prizes.

Cons

Bad management, lack of teamwork, long hours with not enough staff

Good

Good staff team, friendly manager. Getting time off was easy, they are flexible around your personal life. Pay is not good, no bonus for working Sundays or for remaining loyal to the company for two years.

Horrible

My time working at Kfc was horrible. We were seriously under staffed, the manager didnt care about our health i work 13 days solid 10 to 11 hours a day for those 13 days. The staff get treated horribly.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

under staffed and no thanks for anything

Good Workplace to work with Customers

The Workplace can be a bit stressful considering you are under pressure from the first customer to the last. you have to make sure that all your products and display is 100% correct. The stock is in order and workers are happy.

Pros

Not much really to choose from - some meals a little bit cheaper for workers

Cons

hours of work and moaning workers

Fun workplace,

KFC City west is good place to work with.Team members help each other. Everyone has enthusiam to do their job, I myself am no exception. I love the working environment, the friendly atmosphere. Although I need more hours since I only work 4 hrs a day or 12 hrs a week ,which I find very short hours.

Pros

Good teamwork, free food

Cons

Short hours

busy workplace

Nice co-workers and good management. I learned how to work fast and accurate . I learned the proper procedure to prevent cross contamination. I worked 9 hours 5 days a week.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Not to bad for a first step

Working in KFC cold be hard, you have different shifts throw the week and you have to be very fast and handle with stress. Onn the other hand is not a bad place to start working. For someone like me, who English is not my first language was pretty good to learn English and meet people.

Pros

International environment

Cons

shifts, stressful, salary

Demanding but fun

Very demanding job but you didn't always get all your salary when you were meant to, I had a couple of issues trying to get paid for all the hours that I worked and the overtime was hardly paid, good bonuses for mystery shoppers when you passed them

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Not always paid your wages properly

It was really nice store and nice customers there

I start there as a cashier but I promote very quickly. it was really hard but was achievable. I learn hard work , pressure , complains, fun. The management wasn't bad the just could more thankful and pay better. In overall I was happy bee there and thankful for job opportunity.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long hours, not paid overtimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement