Kare Plan Ltd

Kare Plan Ltd Employee Reviews

Ireland21 reviews

Clients are fantastic and appreciate the effort you put in

KarePlan are a good company to work for. carers are lovely and most are extremely hard working. Office staff are always helpful. KarePlan pay the highest amount of mileage which really helps towards the cost of fuel.

It was okay.

Training inadequate. Management could be better. I don’t think they care too much about quality of employees just want someone to fill the position. Clients were unhappy with the company. Sent into unethical situations. Hours were good. Very accommodating in regards to hours. Other hca’s were pleasant. Management/office staff very nice until you need anything from them (time off/risk assessment).

Pros

Fuel allowance

Cons

As stated above

Great Place To Work

I've been working for Kare Plan for the last 2 years and I love my job. My clients are lovely and I enjoy looking after them every day. Office staff are good to deal with and always willing to help with schedules around any appointments I may have. The client care manager for my area is lovely and I can contact her with any concerns I may have. Wages are good and fair across the company, no one is paid more then someone else with the same experience ( I've heard this happens in other companies). Overall I'm so happy I work for Kare Plan.

Pros

Travel allowance, good rate of pay, encouraged to upskill

Cons

Such a great company to work for!

I have worked in Kare Plan since 2019. from day one i have always felt included as part of the team. This family run company holds great value on supporting staff and providing flexibility. Directors and management are always supportive and approachable and regularly acknowledge care staffs contribution to the company. I would highly recommend taking a position with this company.

Pros

good fuel allowance, very supportive atmosphere, flexibility

Fast paced but supportive

I've been working with Kare Plan for the past two years and have loved working with them. Obviously with the pandemic things have been stressful at times but there's always someone to talk to about any concerns I have had. I love the way they are a family business and not a franchise like most other agencies. The directors are lovely and genuine when talking to you. A great company to work for.

Pros

Fuel allowance, encouraged to upskill, support

Wicklow

Worked for kareplan for a short period of time have to say at first seemed like a nice place to work however turned out to be the worst .The worse part about the company are the owners and the care manger / scedulers They are totally not fair at all to carers and speak badly of them behind there backs if mangement make a mistake they put the blame on carers or new office staff to make them self look better .They have a very high turn over of carers and office staff and seem to only keep carers that they need to keep the buisness going or that are in there click .Office staff are not good at there jobs at all speak badly about clients , carers and other staff meembers daily very toxic evoirment to work in they will only keep you if you are in there click it doesnt matter if your good at your job if they dont like you your gone .I would never recomend this company to anyone they are very fake and tell you what you want to hear many other care companies that will look after you .Care manger has been report many times for the way she spoke carers and clients nothing said as she is in there click .Sceduler who is currently still employed there is one of the worst scedulers that i have meet and has been said many times in conversation however is dissmissed as she is friends with mangment . Stay clear of this company please dont give the time of day .Toxic .Worked in kaerplan as carer have to say working made suffer with depersion and aniexty daily left dir to this .Had nice carers and 1 or 2 nice office staff but got rid of them Lovely clients and families that say the -

Pros

Nice carers and clients

Great Company to Work For

Great place to work. From the Directors to Client Care Mangers, Schedulers and carers everyone is friendly and approachable. I feel fully supported and know there is always someone there to help if I need it. I would highly recommend this company

Good Company when you play fair

You have to be willing to be a team member when working for this company. The company director is very firm but very fair and will help you in any way she can within reason. Do not expect to get the run of the mill here, they are more than willing to accommadate you as long as you are willing to return the favour.

Pros

Good fuel allowance, very flexible to suit your personal life demands

Cons

Schedules can be dis-organised at times

Quando eu cheguei do Brasil, comecei a trabalhar na Kareplan como care assistant, foi uma empresa que abriu as portas para uma profissional recem chegada, sem experiencia, mas com muita vontade de aprender e fazer um bom trabalho. A escala de trabalho sempre foi de acordo com a minha disponibilidade, onde tive que conciliar escola e trabalho, e nunca tive problemas com folgas ou pagamentos. Equipe muito empenhada em desenvolver um bom trabalho, focada nos clientes. Isso pra mim foi o que mais me deixou feliz.

God awful place to work

Awful place to work I had a fantastic manager until this company let them go and it is being run into the ground my new manager talks to us like we are dirt on her shoe and has no idea what she is doing myself and a lot of my colleagues have spoke and we are out of there after Christmas time. I love my clients but there are so many companies hiring in that will actually respect you.

Care Assitant

I started with Karplan in 2018 interview was so easy they barely review anyone. They would employ anyone literally everyone was so nice to beggin with dont get me wrong other girls thats i knew that worked for Kareplan were lovely most of them anyway. they have no team work between any of the workers you have to do it all yourself everything is done by yourself if you want something you have to get it etc. One question i ask is why with every company lately not one person is secure in their job anymore seemingly from my point of view your assigned hours each week or two weeks depending on when your roster is done out but gradually Kareplan takes your hours away from you. If you ring in sick they dont care your shouted very ignorantly at because its your fault they cannot get sorry i meant KEEP the staff. There looking for staff but yet cannot give hours to the staff they have. You do not matter to them just once the calls are covered doesnt matter. The amount of stories ive heard and now does everyone know why there pay rate is so high they keep you long enough to affect there pockets. They recruit people because apparently companies get paid for recruiting people so therefore seemingly alot of companies are doing it but i can only speak from my experience working with Kareplan. At some stage you will be delighted with all the hours until then they start pressuring you into calls more calls because there stuck thats alot of pressure especially when your trying to get from house to house day or night they dont care again i completely understand and i have every respect -

Supportive and family like environment

I had worked at Kare Plan for a few years before moving on to another career. My experience with the company was extremely positive overall. During my time there I was given plenty of opportunities at different roles in the business along with the training and support need to take on these tasks. I started on the monitoring team which was great as I got to speak to most of the companies wonderful care staff and some of the very nice clients they look after. This was a great start for me as someone new in the industry because it helped advance my communication and problem solving abilities. After some time working there I was by asked the directors if i would like to have a go at being a scheduler. It is a good feeling to have worked in a place where your work is noticed by the heads of the company. The scheduling team are great. They work together with carers, clients and their families to ensure the clients needs are met. The people in the office are a brilliant team to work with and they are very supportive. When anyone was in need of help for whatever reason they would all bolster around them and help them. The family atmosphere really shined through in times like that and is something more companies should try to create.

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, supportive management

Cons

Great company to work for 😀

I started with Kareplan in November 2018 it was the best decision I ever made moving to Kareplan my manager is very friendly approachable and very supportive and in my eyes cares utmost for us as carers and especially the clients. The girls in the office are very friendly and listens and are very supportive.and will always do there best to accommodate us I absolutely love working with Kareplan and I have to say the Dublin office are also very friendly and supportive and would help you out in any way they can just like the Wicklow office cannot fault them at all .

Pros

Great salary mileage allowance company phone flexible hours management and staff excellent

Caring and supportive

I have worked for Kare Plan as a care assistant for a year now. I have found them to be the most efficient and caring company to work for. They have given me the hours I wish to work and would bend over backwards to help their staff in any way they can. As I pride myself on being a good caring person it is very nice to have the company you work for with the same values. My manager is very supportive and available should I need her however if you are doing your job as you are supposed to there is little need to be in constant contact. Just knowing they are there is enough. I would highly recommend this company both for staff and clients.

Pros

Good pay, efficient and supportive.

Unprofessional and cruel

Kare Plan say they have been around for 10 years but it is false information because they have only been around for 3 years. in the last 10 years they have been a sweet shop, a cleaning company and now a care company. The management is very bad. Probably one of the worst I have seen before and you can understand why they lose a lot of staff and have to hire as quickly as they can to fill in the gaps. You hear more about the company losing people than actually doing anything positive. They are constantly looking for care staff and believe me they will take on anyone. Your salary is never paid without an issue....there is always something wrong with it and there is always someone new working in accounts. There is also always someone new in hr and its difficult to get a hold of on the phone and if you email them be sure to be waiting at least a week to be answered. The managers are probably the biggest downfall in there. If you change the managers the company would actually be a nice place to work in but because they don't know what they are doing the office staff are running around confused all the time. The training school is nice but the courses are not by kare plan even though they say they are. they are done by a different company but just put on in the training school. Just when you thought you had enough to be dealing with they also force you to do these extra courses online and its all the time. no other care company does this. The managers are very rude and one of them loves the sound of her own voice because all you do hear is shouting when you go in -

Pros

training school, monitoring team, man in accounts, double up teams

Cons

unstable hours, unprofessionalism, everything else

Official response from Kare Plan Ltd

13 February 2019
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry you feel this way. We welcome you to email us at hr@kareplan.ie and we can look at working together to rectify the issues you have had.Kare Plan HR Team

They make you feel part of a family

Worked with Kare Plan for years as a carer before I left to pursue a different career. From the start they suported me up until I finished up. Any issues I had, I would go to them and it would be resolved that day. HR are very easy to deal with. All office staff are very freindly and inviting and you never feel like a burden. I would recomend anyone looking for a nice family company to work for to apply!

Pros

Benefits constant support events thruout the year

Wonderful company

Great place to work. I had a wonderful time working with the staff, the directors were very approachable and supportive. The team there are very caring about their clients. I always felt a part of a tight knit team while I worked for Kareplan.

Pros

Great support

Poor place to work

Worked at Kate plan for years, treated very badly in the end, wages all the time was wrong they don’t appreciate staff, give you a pay raise and then take it back, very poor company to work for, also always where changing the name of the company, switching from cleaning companies to sweet shops to care agency, which ever company was doing best they would leave the others behind. Manager very hard to talk to wouldn’t listen to any concerns only interested in making money , also not only treated staff bad they also treated service user extremely bad. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone, unless the management has been changed or they have had a personality transplant.

Pros

Nons

Cons

Working with service users

Official response from Kare Plan Ltd

13 February 2019

very productive company to work for

looking after the elderly and the young service users we go to people's own so so as they can stay at home for as long as possible and keep their independence for as long as possible .the management are very easy to work with and will go out of their way to help you. I would recommend people to try us and see the differences

Pros

fuel allowance

Cons

Great company to work for with brilliant office support.

One of the best companies i have worked for, Our needs are listened to. Rosters to suit my availability. Great office support. Any issues with clients are dealt with in a timely manner.

Pros

Fuel Bonus and flexibility of hours

Kare plan is a great place to work as a care assistant, they really listen to you and what your available to work. The whole team from the office are really friendly and the supervisors are very supportive.

Pros

fuel bonus paid to all care staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kare Plan Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement