Kare Plan Ltd Employee Reviews

Supportive and family like environment
office staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 July 2019
I had worked at Kare Plan for a few years before moving on to another career. My experience with the company was extremely positive overall. During my time there I was given plenty of opportunities at different roles in the business along with the training and support need to take on these tasks. I started on the monitoring team which was great as I got to speak to most of the companies wonderful care staff and some of the very nice clients they look after. This was a great start for me as someone new in the industry because it helped advance my communication and problem solving abilities.

After some time working there I was by asked the directors if i would like to have a go at being a scheduler. It is a good feeling to have worked in a place where your work is noticed by the heads of the company. The scheduling team are great. They work together with carers, clients and their families to ensure the clients needs are met. The people in the office are a brilliant team to work with and they are very supportive. When anyone was in need of help for whatever reason they would all bolster around them and help them. The family atmosphere really shined through in times like that and is something more companies should try to create.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities, supportive management
Bad enviroment and management
office (Former Employee) –  Ireland7 July 2019
Worked here for over a year but new what kind of place it was after a few weeks and it was not great for lot of reasons.

the management is the probably the worst out of them all because the two directors are only in favour of bad staff who happen to be there friends outside of work to. the office staff spend more timeon there phones then doing real work and the hr is a joke. The hr manager never wants to deal with real issues. if u are a carer be prepared to be spoken about by all staff because there is no confidentialty at all in the building and everybody knows everyones business. one director spends the time shouting and the other spends the time doing work and u can see that after a few days in there. there is not really anyone expereinced or qualified other then 2 or 3 people.

the salarys are all different even if u do the same job as someone else and been there the same time cause if u are friends with the directors u get more money. there is no appreciation for anything u do unless you are friends with the directors.

some of the carers are very nice and hardworking and deserve more than they get because they ask for noting and do amazing jobs. training school is brilliant because of themgirl in there who runs it she pushes all the carers and helps them with everything.

i would sugest that u look else where for a job cause this place is the wrong place for any profesionel.
Pros
carers
Cons
no overtime payment no wages paid on time or without issues office staff directors
Great company to work for
Rapid responder for Clare, Limerick and Tipp (Current Employee) –  Limerick13 June 2019
I'm with kareplan since September 2018. Had worked in the disability sector for 8 years and decided i wanted to try the homecare side. I am so happy i chose kareplan to work for as they have made my experience so far in this sector enjoyable and rewarding.
The management are kind empathetic and listen to their staff. The girls in the Limerick office go above and beyond for both the clients and the carers. The monitoring team in Dublin are always ready to listen and help out when and if needed. I have nothing but good things to say about this company and am loving my job.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff, milage allowance, free uniforms
Cons
Great company to work for 😀
Carer (Current Employee) –  Wicklow Town, County Wicklow12 June 2019
I started with Kareplan in November 2018 it was the best decision I ever made moving to Kareplan my manager is very friendly approachable and very supportive and in my eyes cares utmost for us as carers and especially the clients. The girls in the office are very friendly and listens and are very supportive.and will always do there best to accommodate us I absolutely love working with Kareplan and I have to say the Dublin office are also very friendly and supportive and would help you out in any way they can just like the Wicklow office cannot fault them at all .
Pros
Great salary mileage allowance company phone flexible hours management and staff excellent
Caring and supportive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wicklow12 June 2019
I have worked for Kare Plan as a care assistant for a year now. I have found them to be the most efficient and caring company to work for. They have given me the hours I wish to work and would bend over backwards to help their staff in any way they can. As I pride myself on being a good caring person it is very nice to have the company you work for with the same values. My manager is very supportive and available should I need her however if you are doing your job as you are supposed to there is little need to be in constant contact. Just knowing they are there is enough. I would highly recommend this company both for staff and clients.
Pros
Good pay, efficient and supportive.
Cons
Horriable place to work , mangers and owners very unproffesinal
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wicklow24 May 2019
Worked for kareplan for for awhile as care assistant in wicklow .
I have to say at the start they are very nice and supportive however this changes .
Care manger

The care manger that was over me and the cares came across as vey nice at the start however her true clours shown she was not a nice person at alot of carers said she spoke to them like they were childern .
Alot of clinets said they didnt like she was vey bossy and not a nice person to talk too they didnt want to say anything as they were afarid they would get into trouble .i dont think she should be a manger at all she onpy there because shd is good friends with owners.

They have a high turnover of staff . Office staff was not good at all execpt one care coordinator she was brilliant , very supportive and would always help you out .
All carers loved her and i heard through a carer that still works compnay they sacked her which is not right .
The manger and orher care corrdinator are not nice people they are only there becuse they are good friends with bosses .

Many of my clients sais they didnt like kareplan and escipally the care manger said she was not a nice person but they said as they didnt start any troblem .

WICKLOW carers stay clear dont work for this company they are horriable and treat there staff bad and get rid of any carers or office staff that doesnt stoop to there level .

Rosters were all over the place double ups , no time travel and we were sent into clients we didnt know

I heard that the rosters were so much better when the new girl was hired time travel given , no double
  more... ups and the carers were always introduced .

I heard that it back to same way again .
Kareplan is hortiable place to work clients are lovely and thats about it .

Avoid at all cost .
12 June 2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry you feel this way. We welcome you to email us at hr@kareplan.ie and we can look at working together to rectify the issues you have had.

Unprofessional and cruel
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2019
Kare Plan say they have been around for 10 years but it is false information because they have only been around for 3 years. in the last 10 years they have been a sweet shop, a cleaning company and now a care company.

The management is very bad. Probably one of the worst I have seen before and you can understand why they lose a lot of staff and have to hire as quickly as they can to fill in the gaps. You hear more about the company losing people than actually doing anything positive. They are constantly looking for care staff and believe me they will take on anyone. Your salary is never paid without an issue....there is always something wrong with it and there is always someone new working in accounts. There is also always someone new in hr and its difficult to get a hold of on the phone and if you email them be sure to be waiting at least a week to be answered. The managers are probably the biggest downfall in there. If you change the managers the company would actually be a nice place to work in but because they don't know what they are doing the office staff are running around confused all the time. The training school is nice but the courses are not by kare plan even though they say they are. they are done by a different company but just put on in the training school. Just when you thought you had enough to be dealing with they also force you to do these extra courses online and its all the time. no other care company does this. The managers are very rude and one of them loves the sound of her own voice because all you do hear is shouting when you go in
  more... the office. There is a divide between the office staff and carers and its caused by the managers. I have had a lot of confidential talks to with the managers about myself and they tell everyone in the office. there is no privacy or respect let alone appreciation for anything.

The salary is the lowest out of all of the care companies and all of this has made me want to leave. if you are looking for a job as a carer there are plenty more places out there like bluebird that will actually pay you right and treat you better.
Pros
training school, monitoring team, man in accounts, double up teams
Cons
unstable hours, unprofessionalism, everything else
13 February 2019

Kare Plan HR Team

They make you feel part of a family
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2018
Worked with Kare Plan for years as a carer before I left to pursue a different career. From the start they suported me up until I finished up. Any issues I had, I would go to them and it would be resolved that day. HR are very easy to deal with. All office staff are very freindly and inviting and you never feel like a burden. I would recomend anyone looking for a nice family company to work for to apply!
Pros
Benefits constant support events thruout the year
Wonderful company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 August 2018
Great place to work. I had a wonderful time working with the staff, the directors were very approachable and supportive. The team there are very caring about their clients. I always felt a part of a tight knit team while I worked for Kareplan.
Pros
Great support
Poor place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2018
Worked at Kate plan for years, treated very badly in the end, wages all the time was wrong they don’t appreciate staff, give you a pay raise and then take it back, very poor company to work for, also always where changing the name of the company, switching from cleaning companies to sweet shops to care agency, which ever company was doing best they would leave the others behind. Manager very hard to talk to wouldn’t listen to any concerns only interested in making money , also not only treated staff bad they also treated service user extremely bad. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone, unless the management has been changed or they have had a personality transplant.
Pros
Nons
Cons
Working with service users
13 February 2019

Kare Plan HR Team

very productive company to work for
client care manager (Current Employee) –  Co Meath , Co Dublin22 February 2018
looking after the elderly and the young service users we go to people's own so so as they can stay at home for as long as possible and keep their independence for as long as possible .the management are very easy to work with and will go out of their way to help you. I would recommend people to try us and see the differences
Pros
fuel allowance
Cons
Great company to work for with brilliant office support.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Co. Dublin22 February 2018
One of the best companies i have worked for, Our needs are listened to. Rosters to suit my availability. Great office support. Any issues with clients are dealt with in a timely manner.
Pros
Fuel Bonus and flexibility of hours
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 February 2018
Kare plan is a great place to work as a care assistant, they really listen to you and what your available to work. The whole team from the office are really friendly and the supervisors are very supportive.
Pros
fuel bonus paid to all care staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kare Plan Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Kare Plan Ltd Reviews by Location