Kare Plan Ltd

Kare Plan Ltd Employee Reviews

Ireland28 reviews

Great pay. Great clients. Hours not guaranteed.

Hourly rate is fantastic but you are not guaranteed the hours. I currently only have 4 and a half hours work a day. Management is poor. Hard to get through to anyone. Impossible to get a reply.

You're on your own

No back up from office . They never answer the phone. Schedulers haven't a clue about distances to travel .Some people get preferential treatment ; get all the sunday work & night work . They dont give references to ex employees

Pros

Mileage

Cons

Everything else

Fast pace productive environment!

Kareplan is a great place to work. For me I enjoy my work life balance and my salary. My clients and colleagues were amazing. Office staff were always available when needed!

Bad Office Staff - Management

No guarantee in anything, no one takes responsibility and they are all never available to answer and phone calls and immediately after the blame comes back to careers on how you break protocol on this & that. You can ring in daily to tell them the same thing because the message never reaches the person who can resolve it or gets ignored and no one is ever at fault but career gets the blame at the end of the day. On your day off you still get calls to cover others yet you were not given enough hours for the week. Management make you feel like complainant and dismiss your concerns always. No contracts with this company, simply means you struggle and beg for hours to work and still you are on your own if you do get ill. Double-up are the worse, their system cause girls to fight each over their time schedules, then blame the careers again. Managers are friends with office stuff that’s causes no work priority concerns. There is a divide between the office staff and carers and its caused by the managers. I have had a confidential talks to the managers about myself and they tell everyone in the office. There’s is no privacy or respect let alone appreciation for anything.

Pros

Double- up with no 2nd career showing up - you are always expected to completed and goes unpaid

Cons

Few hours Shifts (4 - 6 hours) spreed all days

Exciting and Supporting Workplace

Upon reading the reviews of the company, I took a chance. It is one of the best homecare companies I have worked in. They are very understanding. They will accommodate your working hours and needs if you give them a heads up. Never had any issues asking for time off. My client care supervisor has had my back since I have started here/.

Friendly co-workers, unorganised management

Working with Kare Plan, I was promised full-time work when interviewed however, I went an entire month with absolutely no clients and no calls for hours available. When I was shadowing a few of the other carers, they had no idea who I was or that I was even coming. Neither did the family of the clients. My scheduler also would consistantly have me driving outside of how far I was willing to travel on top of scheduling me outside of my available hours.They would have me drive over 30 minutes to go see a single client for a 30 minute call and give me nothing else for the rest of the day. It wasn't worth my time.

Pros

Friendly co-workers and clients

Cons

No hours, long travel distances

If your not in the click then your in the firing line

A lot of employees are not very productive and because they go for lunch or have smoke breaks and even socialize with management this means the lack of productivity goes unnoticed. If you are not willing to do these things with management then you are automatically in the firing line regardless of your productivity. It's easy to punish people you have no attachment to but extremely hard to punish the people who are by your side being yes people.

Clients are fantastic and appreciate the effort you put in

KarePlan are a good company to work for. carers are lovely and most are extremely hard working. Office staff are always helpful. KarePlan pay the highest amount of mileage which really helps towards the cost of fuel.

It was okay.

Training inadequate. Management could be better. I don’t think they care too much about quality of employees just want someone to fill the position. Clients were unhappy with the company. Sent into unethical situations. Hours were good. Very accommodating in regards to hours. Other hca’s were pleasant. Management/office staff very nice until you need anything from them (time off/risk assessment).

Pros

Fuel allowance

Cons

As stated above

Great Place To Work

I've been working for Kare Plan for the last 2 years and I love my job. My clients are lovely and I enjoy looking after them every day. Office staff are good to deal with and always willing to help with schedules around any appointments I may have. The client care manager for my area is lovely and I can contact her with any concerns I may have. Wages are good and fair across the company, no one is paid more then someone else with the same experience ( I've heard this happens in other companies). Overall I'm so happy I work for Kare Plan.

Pros

Travel allowance, good rate of pay, encouraged to upskill

Cons

Such a great company to work for!

I have worked in Kare Plan since 2019. from day one i have always felt included as part of the team. This family run company holds great value on supporting staff and providing flexibility. Directors and management are always supportive and approachable and regularly acknowledge care staffs contribution to the company. I would highly recommend taking a position with this company.

Pros

good fuel allowance, very supportive atmosphere, flexibility

Fast paced but supportive

I've been working with Kare Plan for the past two years and have loved working with them. Obviously with the pandemic things have been stressful at times but there's always someone to talk to about any concerns I have had. I love the way they are a family business and not a franchise like most other agencies. The directors are lovely and genuine when talking to you. A great company to work for.

Pros

Fuel allowance, encouraged to upskill, support

Wicklow

Worked for kareplan for a short period of time have to say at first seemed like a nice place to work however turned out to be the worst .The worse part about the company are the owners and the care manger / scedulers They are totally not fair at all to carers and speak badly of them behind there backs if mangement make a mistake they put the blame on carers or new office staff to make them self look better .They have a very high turn over of carers and office staff and seem to only keep carers that they need to keep the buisness going or that are in there click .Office staff are not good at there jobs at all speak badly about clients , carers and other staff meembers daily very toxic evoirment to work in they will only keep you if you are in there click it doesnt matter if your good at your job if they dont like you your gone .I would never recomend this company to anyone they are very fake and tell you what you want to hear many other care companies that will look after you .Care manger has been report many times for the way she spoke carers and clients nothing said as she is in there click .Sceduler who is currently still employed there is one of the worst scedulers that i have meet and has been said many times in conversation however is dissmissed as she is friends with mangment . Stay clear of this company please dont give the time of day .Toxic .Worked in kaerplan as carer have to say working made suffer with depersion and aniexty daily left dir to this .Had nice carers and 1 or 2 nice office staff but got rid of them Lovely clients and families that say the -

Pros

Nice carers and clients

Great Company to Work For

Great place to work. From the Directors to Client Care Mangers, Schedulers and carers everyone is friendly and approachable. I feel fully supported and know there is always someone there to help if I need it. I would highly recommend this company

Good Company when you play fair

You have to be willing to be a team member when working for this company. The company director is very firm but very fair and will help you in any way she can within reason. Do not expect to get the run of the mill here, they are more than willing to accommadate you as long as you are willing to return the favour.

Pros

Good fuel allowance, very flexible to suit your personal life demands

Cons

Schedules can be dis-organised at times

Quando eu cheguei do Brasil, comecei a trabalhar na Kareplan como care assistant, foi uma empresa que abriu as portas para uma profissional recem chegada, sem experiencia, mas com muita vontade de aprender e fazer um bom trabalho. A escala de trabalho sempre foi de acordo com a minha disponibilidade, onde tive que conciliar escola e trabalho, e nunca tive problemas com folgas ou pagamentos. Equipe muito empenhada em desenvolver um bom trabalho, focada nos clientes. Isso pra mim foi o que mais me deixou feliz.

God awful place to work

Awful place to work I had a fantastic manager until this company let them go and it is being run into the ground my new manager talks to us like we are dirt on her shoe and has no idea what she is doing myself and a lot of my colleagues have spoke and we are out of there after Christmas time. I love my clients but there are so many companies hiring in that will actually respect you.

Care Assitant

I started with Karplan in 2018 interview was so easy they barely review anyone. They would employ anyone literally everyone was so nice to beggin with dont get me wrong other girls thats i knew that worked for Kareplan were lovely most of them anyway. they have no team work between any of the workers you have to do it all yourself everything is done by yourself if you want something you have to get it etc. One question i ask is why with every company lately not one person is secure in their job anymore seemingly from my point of view your assigned hours each week or two weeks depending on when your roster is done out but gradually Kareplan takes your hours away from you. If you ring in sick they dont care your shouted very ignorantly at because its your fault they cannot get sorry i meant KEEP the staff. There looking for staff but yet cannot give hours to the staff they have. You do not matter to them just once the calls are covered doesnt matter. The amount of stories ive heard and now does everyone know why there pay rate is so high they keep you long enough to affect there pockets. They recruit people because apparently companies get paid for recruiting people so therefore seemingly alot of companies are doing it but i can only speak from my experience working with Kareplan. At some stage you will be delighted with all the hours until then they start pressuring you into calls more calls because there stuck thats alot of pressure especially when your trying to get from house to house day or night they dont care again i completely understand and i have every respect -

Supportive and family like environment

I had worked at Kare Plan for a few years before moving on to another career. My experience with the company was extremely positive overall. During my time there I was given plenty of opportunities at different roles in the business along with the training and support need to take on these tasks. I started on the monitoring team which was great as I got to speak to most of the companies wonderful care staff and some of the very nice clients they look after. This was a great start for me as someone new in the industry because it helped advance my communication and problem solving abilities. After some time working there I was by asked the directors if i would like to have a go at being a scheduler. It is a good feeling to have worked in a place where your work is noticed by the heads of the company. The scheduling team are great. They work together with carers, clients and their families to ensure the clients needs are met. The people in the office are a brilliant team to work with and they are very supportive. When anyone was in need of help for whatever reason they would all bolster around them and help them. The family atmosphere really shined through in times like that and is something more companies should try to create.

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, supportive management

Cons

Great company to work for 😀

I started with Kareplan in November 2018 it was the best decision I ever made moving to Kareplan my manager is very friendly approachable and very supportive and in my eyes cares utmost for us as carers and especially the clients. The girls in the office are very friendly and listens and are very supportive.and will always do there best to accommodate us I absolutely love working with Kareplan and I have to say the Dublin office are also very friendly and supportive and would help you out in any way they can just like the Wicklow office cannot fault them at all .

Pros

Great salary mileage allowance company phone flexible hours management and staff excellent

Caring and supportive

I have worked for Kare Plan as a care assistant for a year now. I have found them to be the most efficient and caring company to work for. They have given me the hours I wish to work and would bend over backwards to help their staff in any way they can. As I pride myself on being a good caring person it is very nice to have the company you work for with the same values. My manager is very supportive and available should I need her however if you are doing your job as you are supposed to there is little need to be in constant contact. Just knowing they are there is enough. I would highly recommend this company both for staff and clients.

Pros

Good pay, efficient and supportive.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kare Plan Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement