Keelings

Keelings Employee Reviews

Ireland65 reviews
The owners are Irish and that's where the Irishness ends. Don't be Irish working here it is absolutely frowned upon and you will be treated badly.....
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Nepotism is rife here
In the typical day, we start the work day position ourself in some product line and we wait for the team leader say what we will do, so we be set to select fruits, feed in the line or feed out.
Supervisors are very polite and are always willing to help us when necessary. In this pandemic moment, they always guide us to always wash our hands and maintain social distance.
Pros
Lunch and microave
Cons
I think we need 10 more minutes of lunch or 2 more microwaves, because we are more than 25 people to heat food at the same time and we often can't.
I worked (slaved) 65-80h a week for them for 3 years. All management and HR are just a bunch of low lifes interested in their own income. Avoid this organisation at all costs!
Disgraceful getting migrants to work for less than minimum wage!!

For a company with such high profits to pay immigrants low wage is discrimination and a discrace.
Its years since I work there. But only have good memories. The management where flexible. The work was constsnt but managable. I would recommend working here.
long hours, night work was below standard pay.
little respect to staff.

was put on "leave" when child was born

if You want a basic job that dosnt matter its good for you
Pros
have a vending machine
Cons
nearly everything
Never had a job as bad, I could only put up with it for 2 weeks, I would end up losing my licence, what they expect you to drive should not be on the road, you complain about how bad the buses are but they do nothing to repair.
They are more interested in fruit than the people they carry. The company is top heavy with managers and none of them have experience, stay away, for your own safety
No good to work for management try to bully you cause they think the can cause there's so many immigrants there they have no respect for anyone ,,,,,,
Boa opção de trabalho em Dublin. Empresa de grande porte que recebe uma diversidade de culturas enriquecedora.
This is a soulless job. If you are a person who hates being bored this is not the job for you. The training doesn't prepare you for the job at all and the management doesn't care about you.

On the other hand some of the people who work there are nice and are great to talk to. It makes the job easier sometimes. But you can also work with a lot of people who don't know English very well so you get stuck by yourself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the work day and going home.
Pros
People
Cons
Remote location, no free meals, cold, uncomfortable
There is a lot of foreign people working here that not know their rights they are treated very badly my management. Harassment,Bullying and Intimidation. It’s a Irish Company most of the management are foreign. They don’t seem to like Irish staff because they know their rights.
Avoid Keelings if possible...try to find anything else than this.
You'll get no respect from anyone, especially not from management.

They'll tell you all kinds of ferry tales just to keep you working, but in the end you will fill miserable.
They only care about output and target, not the people or the condition of work. Qualification is overlooked. If you know someone you will be promoted even if you don't have the qualifications or the people skills to do the job.
This is a good job for whom does not have a qualification. You can progress and move up in the company very quickly but the job is physically demanding and you have to work on shift every week: from 6 am to 2pm/ 2pm 10pm/ 10pm 6am. However if you don't have a good level of English this job is a good started point to personally grow and move up.
Don't take my word for it, I strongly recommend you reach out to past employees on LinkedIn and by other means before you accept a job offer at this company.

You will be glad you did.
Cons
its very sistematic job, once you get used its not so bad, but its definetely not the kind of job you want to do for the rest of your life.
minimun wages.
Fruit keelings are a good place to work, there are people from various different cultures working there, I believe that they help many people giving them the chance to work within a good company
I really enjoy working at keelings, it is a flexible company that gives many opportunities for immigrants and students. the work is easy, this company follow the standard of safety, being a company that is always willing to help and provide the well being of the employees, prioritizing the quality of products and services.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Is not fixed
Very chaotic management that cares only about themselves. There is no plan put in place, everything changes in a minute. That's why the most used sentence on the floor is "who cares". The culture is awful there. If you don't have to don't go there to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, human resources
My review on Keelings is that while I was there I found that the level between management and employee was good as there was a union presence on site which made for a fair working environment and a happy work force for the most part.
Pros
Good salary and good conditions.
Cons
Roster changes.