Keelings Employee Reviews

Good job to start if you are abroad and your English is not very good
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin2 November 2019
This is a good job for whom does not have a qualification. You can progress and move up in the company very quickly but the job is physically demanding and you have to work on shift every week: from 6 am to 2pm/ 2pm 10pm/ 10pm 6am. However if you don't have a good level of English this job is a good started point to personally grow and move up.
Avoid at All Costs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 May 2019
Don't take my word for it, I strongly recommend you reach out to past employees on LinkedIn and by other means before you accept a job offer at this company.

You will be glad you did.
Cons
Is a company of good opportunities
General Services (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2019
I really enjoy working at keelings, it is a flexible company that gives many opportunities for immigrants and students. the work is easy, this company follow the standard of safety, being a company that is always willing to help and provide the well being of the employees, prioritizing the quality of products and services.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Is not fixed
Cold and disorganized place to work
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 March 2019
Very chaotic management that cares only about themselves. There is no plan put in place, everything changes in a minute. That's why the most used sentence on the floor is "who cares". The culture is awful there. If you don't have to don't go there to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, human resources
Fun place to work.
Forklift Driver order picker (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
My review on Keelings is that while I was there I found that the level between management and employee was good as there was a union presence on site which made for a fair working environment and a happy work force for the most part.
Pros
Good salary and good conditions.
Cons
Roster changes.
Toxic place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2019
Toxic place to work, without security and they don't care with the workers. Wrong place to work if you aren't European or if you want improve your career.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Administration
Professional and Fun Workplace
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 January 2019
Good Team leaders, they ever help everyone to do a good job. I make a lots of friend of different countries.
I learned everything about work in group.
General operative
General Operative (Former Employee) –  St Margarets, County Dublin22 January 2019
Monotonous and mundane work packing soft fruit. Management structure bad with a lack of communication team leaders on shop floor never introduced themselves or even asks you name.
lie to you at interview on what a great place to work. If you happen to be Irish or speak English avoid at all costs. all floor managers Eastern European so never speak English and chatter amoungst themselves.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
friendly, warm enviornment
picker/warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  ballymun6 January 2019
although I only started my journey at keelings last September, I have already obtained both personal and professional development.

although less mentally challenging than my previously position in a different company, with less renumeration, being a picker at keelings was a great career move.

line and shift managers come from diverse backgrounds, are approachable and personable.

if you work hard and show respect, it will be reciprocated. I cannot stress enough how wonderful it is working there. pickers and other foot soldiers are also wonderful colleagues.

since obtaining employment there, I have already had opportunities. I assist managers in various key tasks such as set up, ensuring stock remains undamaged, and ensuring products are presentable upon collection from the warehouse.

management are also quite flexible. for example, due to logistical issues, they were amenable to changing my start time. this has made my life easier.

it is not easy for me to emphasis how much I enjoy working there. the feeling that you are respected, and trusted enough to work unsupervised, is empowering.

I may appear a shill,but assure you I am genuine.

from my perspective there is only one negative.

although the workers are mostly friendly, not all put the same effort into their work. shortcuts are taken, which can be detrimental to others, making work for us harder. although they try their best, are hardworking, diligent and honest, there are _simply not enough managers to police the facility 100%. this is nobody's fault, simply cause and effect resulting from a
  more... sharp swell in new employees. also, over time, people can become stagnant and begin to not care. this is simply human nature.

in summation, I an naturally a hard working honest person who puts in 100% effort. this was noticed, appreciated and reciprocated.

I have a freedom here to grow and see myself here for a long Time.

I have a direct family member who recently joined the company, and like all new employees has received nothing but support.
Pros
please see above
Cons
also above
no good
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  St Margarets, County Dublin21 October 2018
no good, very bad communication between people, to much stress/pressure from team leaders(with no organisation skills).
it was a very busy period with many people without training and any knowledge about job.
Very good experience for me!
Cons
Bad
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2018
This has to be one of the worst jobs ive ever had, the people are racist the managers dont do anything about work place bullying and they even join in on it.

DONT APPLY HERE
Pros
Cons
Awful hours, BAD MANAGEMENT Overall a bad work place
Stressful place with shallow minded people
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Ireland25 August 2018
My advice never give your life to keelings it will kill you.they will recognize your mistake that you did once than your hard work that you gave the company they will throw you like a garbage.
Pros
Buy everything no free tea even when we work in cold
Cons
8 hours
challenging
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 August 2018
lasted a year an a half but with my qualification i was told that i wouldn't progress.
I know that i can achieve better in a different environment.
having a degree in the food industry is great but I'm not getting anywhere in keelings so i need to move on for new challenges.
Pros
seldom social events & free fruit
Cons
hours, management, pay
Clean and Fun Place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Saint Margaret's, County Dublin13 August 2018
Keelings offers a fun atmosphere with hard work daily. Management is attentive and will answer questions in order to help you succeed. Overall great place to be!
Good workplace
Manager & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin27 February 2018
I loved working for keelings at the time, you can gain experience, knowledge and friends, can always build up your hours. but i simply didn't see my self in this job anymore, i want to start and build a career elsewhere!

It's a good start job in Ireland! I learned a lot of things from this company, but i look for a place that i can grow!
Fast paced place, but with nice relations within staff
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 February 2018
24/7 business, 3 shifts.
Very busy, fast paced and sometimes intense place to work.
Atmosphere among staff is very nice.
Weekly roster so it's hard to have major plans for the coming week.
fun place to work
QC ANALYST (Former Employee) –  IE9 February 2018
large company, 0 tolerance on racism.great team to work, willing to help, but no respect for educated people
salary could be much better than it is..
Dump
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 January 2018
I never had a job as bad , a lot of racism towards Irish people and all managers are European and very much take care of there own.
Glad to be out of it
Pros
Isn't any
Cons
Have to wait till you are told to home
good place for start in Ireland
Cleaner, Packaging, Maschine Operator (Current Employee) –  County Dublin30 January 2018
I was employer in Keelings per 3 year.
I start my job there in hygiene team
I was responsible for tidy and safety packhouse.
I meet there a lot nice people , who help me to accustom
in this company. Keelings give me a chance to grow.
I grow fast. Later i was Maschine operator
i get better money and i learn a lot about company,
our product. They give me nessesary training.
Lern me to work fast and safety.
Management was always helpful and nice for every one
I meet people from Every country, i learn new language
I really liked to work at this place.
Pros
close to place where I life
Cons
organization on work
fun work place
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 January 2018
i loved working for keelings at the time, you can gain experience, knowledge and friends, can always build up your hours. but i simply didn't see my self in this job, i always loved fashion and hope i can build my career in fashion.