Keelings

Keelings Management reviews

Not a good place to work
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 February 2020
No good to work for management try to bully you cause they think the can cause there's so many immigrants there they have no respect for anyone ,,,,,,
Tedious
General Operative (Former Employee) –  St. Margaret's, County Dublin22 December 2019
This is a soulless job. If you are a person who hates being bored this is not the job for you. The training doesn't prepare you for the job at all and the management doesn't care about you.

On the other hand some of the people who work there are nice and are great to talk to. It makes the job easier sometimes. But you can also work with a lot of people who don't know English very well so you get stuck by yourself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the work day and going home.
Pros
People
Cons
Remote location, no free meals, cold, uncomfortable
Not a good place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Margaret's, County Dublindec27 November 2019
There is a lot of foreign people working here that not know their rights they are treated very badly my management. Harassment,Bullying and Intimidation. It’s a Irish Company most of the management are foreign. They don’t seem to like Irish staff because they know their rights.
Avoid at All Costs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 May 2019
Don't take my word for it, I strongly recommend you reach out to past employees on LinkedIn and by other means before you accept a job offer at this company.

You will be glad you did.
Cons
Cold and disorganized place to work
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 March 2019
Very chaotic management that cares only about themselves. There is no plan put in place, everything changes in a minute. That's why the most used sentence on the floor is "who cares". The culture is awful there. If you don't have to don't go there to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, human resources
Fun place to work.
Forklift Driver order picker (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
My review on Keelings is that while I was there I found that the level between management and employee was good as there was a union presence on site which made for a fair working environment and a happy work force for the most part.
Pros
Good salary and good conditions.
Cons
Roster changes.
Toxic place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2019
Toxic place to work, without security and they don't care with the workers. Wrong place to work if you aren't European or if you want improve your career.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Administration
General operative
General Operative (Former Employee) –  St Margarets, County Dublin22 January 2019
Monotonous and mundane work packing soft fruit. Management structure bad with a lack of communication team leaders on shop floor never introduced themselves or even asks you name.
lie to you at interview on what a great place to work. If you happen to be Irish or speak English avoid at all costs. all floor managers Eastern European so never speak English and chatter amoungst themselves.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
friendly, warm enviornment
picker/warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  ballymun6 January 2019
although I only started my journey at keelings last September, I have already obtained both personal and professional development.

although less mentally challenging than my previously position in a different company, with less renumeration, being a picker at keelings was a great career move.

line and shift managers come from diverse backgrounds, are approachable and personable.

if you work hard and show respect, it will be reciprocated. I cannot stress enough how wonderful it is working there. pickers and other foot soldiers are also wonderful colleagues.

since obtaining employment there, I have already had opportunities. I assist managers in various key tasks such as set up, ensuring stock remains undamaged, and ensuring products are presentable upon collection from the warehouse.

management are also quite flexible. for example, due to logistical issues, they were amenable to changing my start time. this has made my life easier.

it is not easy for me to emphasis how much I enjoy working there. the feeling that you are respected, and trusted enough to work unsupervised, is empowering.

I may appear a shill,but assure you I am genuine.

from my perspective there is only one negative.

although the workers are mostly friendly, not all put the same effort into their work. shortcuts are taken, which can be detrimental to others, making work for us harder. although they try their best, are hardworking, diligent and honest, there are _simply not enough managers to police the facility 100%. this is nobody's fault, simply cause and effect resulting from a
  more... sharp swell in new employees. also, over time, people can become stagnant and begin to not care. this is simply human nature.

in summation, I an naturally a hard working honest person who puts in 100% effort. this was noticed, appreciated and reciprocated.

I have a freedom here to grow and see myself here for a long Time.

I have a direct family member who recently joined the company, and like all new employees has received nothing but support.
Pros
please see above
Cons
also above
Bad
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2018
This has to be one of the worst jobs ive ever had, the people are racist the managers dont do anything about work place bullying and they even join in on it.

DONT APPLY HERE
Pros
Cons
Awful hours, BAD MANAGEMENT Overall a bad work place
Stressful place with shallow minded people
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Ireland25 August 2018
My advice never give your life to keelings it will kill you.they will recognize your mistake that you did once than your hard work that you gave the company they will throw you like a garbage.
Pros
Buy everything no free tea even when we work in cold
Cons
8 hours
challenging
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 August 2018
lasted a year an a half but with my qualification i was told that i wouldn't progress.
I know that i can achieve better in a different environment.
having a degree in the food industry is great but I'm not getting anywhere in keelings so i need to move on for new challenges.
Pros
seldom social events & free fruit
Cons
hours, management, pay
Clean and Fun Place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Saint Margaret's, County Dublin13 August 2018
Keelings offers a fun atmosphere with hard work daily. Management is attentive and will answer questions in order to help you succeed. Overall great place to be!
fun place to work
QC ANALYST (Former Employee) –  IE9 February 2018
large company, 0 tolerance on racism.great team to work, willing to help, but no respect for educated people
salary could be much better than it is..
Dump
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 January 2018
I never had a job as bad , a lot of racism towards Irish people and all managers are European and very much take care of there own.
Glad to be out of it
Pros
Isn't any
Cons
Have to wait till you are told to home
good place for start in Ireland
Cleaner, Packaging, Maschine Operator (Current Employee) –  County Dublin30 January 2018
I was employer in Keelings per 3 year.
I start my job there in hygiene team
I was responsible for tidy and safety packhouse.
I meet there a lot nice people , who help me to accustom
in this company. Keelings give me a chance to grow.
I grow fast. Later i was Maschine operator
i get better money and i learn a lot about company,
our product. They give me nessesary training.
Lern me to work fast and safety.
Management was always helpful and nice for every one
I meet people from Every country, i learn new language
I really liked to work at this place.
Pros
close to place where I life
Cons
organization on work
Easy job but not god
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 June 2017
Is so cold inside the packhouse, to many managers, bad organisation, very hard to improve yourself. All employes are just number and the rules is not same for everybody.
Drab place to work.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin23 January 2017
not a place that would be good for your stress levels.The place was so busy you hardly got your breaks, expected to stay late everyday off the clock, no shift pay paid.....management very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
hardly any break time, expected to work late with no overtime paid.
Horrible place
Production Line Scanner (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin9 January 2017
Management is incompetent (often these are the people who do not have any education and qualifications). They can not solve internal conflicts and are usually unhelpful. Most often gets promoted by having the "friends" and not for the competence. Salary is always the same for the old, experience workers and for a new inexperienced workers. Managers often use intimidation, blackmailing and manipulation to force the workers obedience. So low payoff is not worth the effort.
good workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin2 March 2016
typical day at work is , hard work with satisfaction for achievement.
I have learned discipline and communication between management and co workers.
A lots of management, with good communication skills.
Every task is achievable.
Achievement satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible brakes
Cons
Carrier oportunity