KELLY'S RESORT HOTEL

KELLY'S RESORT HOTEL Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews

Friendly Work Environment and Opportunity to Upskill in Industry

I look forward to coming to work each day, as each day is always different. I would meet and greet the staff and customers with a friendly smile. It is very rewarding when the guests call you by your name as I am a familiar friendly face that guests recognize when they return. The opportunity to complete training courses to upskill in the industry are supported by management. I never realised that I had a second family until I came to Kelly's Hotel. I hope to carry on my career at Kelly's Hotel for many years to come.

Pros

Rewarding as guests return year on year

Cons

Unsocial hours

Great family to work for

Many people who start working in Kelly's hotel stay for a long time . Some for 30 or more years , that alone will give you an idea what it is to work with the Kelly family. I have enjoyed working here for over 10 years and intent to staying for more . It's a great environment to work and progress through the company .

Productive and fun workplace

Kelly’s is an amazing place to build relationships and to progress yourself! I feel there is no better hotel in the country to work in! All staff are treated with upmost respect!

Depends on department. Some of the best people in the world, some of the laziest

Kelly's is an interesting place to work. I absolutely love the work but it does take up all of your life. Most don't have social lives or are happy to work odd hours from early mornings to late at night(split shifts) and I think this trend is losing value. It doesn't suit a lot of people. A lot of the staff are there for years and don't progress but they are happy with that, some employees are the best people in the world and could wish only the best for them whereas some do absolutely 0 work and give out about everybody else, however, that happens in every hotel. I would absolutely recommend working in Kellys hotel if you're hobbies/personal life is extremely flexible as they look after you so so well if you work hard and do your job! If you are proactive and a happy going person you will get on very well here and be loved by most if not all staff and succeed and make a good amount of tips. Love the managers too very very good people, very understanding and will always try their best to help you. Bill Kelly is a great owner, as are all of the Kelly family. They are very particular about things such as uniform and cleanliness of the hotel but that is absolutely necessary in the environment.

Cons

split shifts, lazy staff, politics

Great

This is a good place to work but you need to be very agile about the cleanliness of the rooms because guests check in early. The work is very heavy because in addition to cleaning the rooms you still need to fill the water bottles of all the rooms. Bottles are washed in the hotel restaurant, located outside the hotel. You need to carry weight.

Environnements de travail agréables

Environnements de travail agréables. A l'écoute de leurs employés. Culture différentes.

productive and good experience

it was a very long time ago , I cleaned a lot and recorded the pool temperatures etc on a daily basis, I enjoyed my time there it was great experience as I was very young.

Fast pace and informative

It was a very good first job for me, I learned quick how hard work pays off an it was an extremely satisfying job because at the end of the day I can see if I have cleared all the soil from the day, typical weekday could have 40/50 departuring rooms do I will have to collect all that soil consistently throughout the day and try wash every piece of linen. On a weekend it could be as high as 120 departures and there is only 3 of us there so I’ve to work about 4 times as much because the two other girls can’t be doing much manual labor so they fold towels mostly. The only reason I’m leaving this job is to pursue a career, I’m not looking for part time jobs or anything I’m looking to start my future and I’ve gotten everything I can out of that laundry

Pros

Very good hours, staff food from hotel, very good management

Productive workplace with 2 restaurant

Start at 10am and finish at 10pm. I learn ENglish and many thing about the Ireland culture. Very good Management. Very nice Workplace. The hardest part of the job was the vaccum. The most enjoyable was the clients relations.

great place to work

Everyone is great in Kellys which made it an extremely fun job to have. The management are tough but very fair. During the summer the hotel is quite busy so there is always something to do as a porter

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KELLY'S RESORT HOTEL?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KELLY'S RESORT HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement