Kerry Foods

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

Flexible work hours provided solid platform for performing well in the day-to-day role. Collaborative culture through different teams and openly encouraged to form opinions and participate cross-functionally and with different managerial groups. Overall, a great experience.
Worked in omagh for 5 years as a production operator, started off building pallets which was physically tough and very repetitive work. Gradually got introduced to other areas of the factory floor and was trained to operate other machines, this was less physically demanding but you were regularly held accountable for things beyond your control and expected to meet unrealistic targets. Management would walk right past you and not even acknowledge your existence which I found made for an uncomfortable atmosphere on the factory floor
Pros
Wages weren't bad for unskilled work
Cons
Management, culture and atmosphere throughout the place was grim
The workplace culture is fun with friendly employee and supportive supervisor. The supervisor teaches me about the SAP to key in the maintenance item in the system.
Pros
Free meal at work
A family like environment but really people are focus on taking care of business during there shift. Teamwork was an important quality everybody had to have.
I worked on a two shift system, 6 - 2 and 2 - 10. If anybody was away sick or on holiday, I filled in and did the night shift. I learned all about computers connected with the position I was in. Each day we wore white coats, hair nets and facial masks (if you had a beard etc ). The hardest part of the job was finding the time to fit it all in. You had your breaks at set times which were staggered to allow everyone to go and the lab not being empty. Now and then some were picked to do food tasting and trying and write a report about your findings.
Pros
Only 10 miles away so could be called in if needed.
Cons
You had to clock in and if you were two minutes late, They stopped you 15 minutes.
Management are awful and have zero respect for workers. Expected to run two machines at one time and when you complain and ask for help, they say they will get someone to help but don't come back near you again.
I think it’s not bad to working at Kerry Food, this is food sector and a multicultural based company.
There’s a lot of type of jobs to learn e make a career.
Pros
Possibility to do career
Cons
Lot’s of different type of thinking peoples
A normal day would be making deliveries of finish good product and pick up raw materials for the warehouse. Help out in the warehouse when not making deliveries.
Pros
Hours.
Cons
Not a good time card time clock
The managers are lovely, there's always plenty of work to do and the work is easy. My only complaint is their high turnover and lack of job security. That's all.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no job security
There is growth but only for certain people. Medical aid is not subsidized or even a percentage of it. Some managers are good others have no management skills at all. Hence some employees are happy and others are not. There is work life balance only if you are in a higher position.
Pros
I made some good colleagues
Cons
Not everyone is treated equally
Had a horrible experience, lack of training and no interest from my new manager. Very demanding manager with no emphaty and no people skill at all. It was very stressful for me as they didn't provide me a proper training however they had high expectations. Very disappointing.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Need to bring own lunch, stressful environment, demanding manager with no people skills
Poor management, agency workers get treat like scum and they just think about saving money not on staff safety and for a food factory it’s disgustingly dirty.
My boss threw me under the wheels of the bus. A few months later, upper management learned that the problem was her (not me) so she was eventually let go.
It was extreme stress all the time, great for an adrenaline junkie. I liked the work and had a great assistant. The work was exhausting - 60-70 hours a week (salaried). Still, other than being blamed for things that were not due to my shortcomings, it wasn't all that bad. SOME people there knew I wasn't the problem but didn't dare speak up, so there were definitely some culture and management issues.
Cons
zero work/life balance
life is very stressful here and the company doesn’t care about it’s manual workers. It’s a case of just get the product out the door and forget about everything else.
Pros
none really
Cons
senior management
This company turns and burns, expects excessive working hours with little or no work life balance. Executive management a joke, no respect for workers and little regard for actual workplace safety
I still know how to handle the allergen stock as it requires separate space from the other material and I know that stock has expired you keep them on quarantine, health and safety is recommended as the priority in all areas to save the lives of everyone working at Kerry .
My time at Kerry foods was awful you did a 6-2 shift and a 2-10 shift with in my opinion some of the most rude,disruptive and disrespectful people I have unfortunately met.
Lets start with the brew times they are staggered so the line can't stop running that means the people in question and they know who they are take very long brews hence your brew will then be shorter or you wont get one! If you complain they say and I quote "grow up". I think that's funny coming from someone who yells and screams on the factory floor like there still 4 years old. This is a common occurrence.

Second of all the managers not going to name names here for libel and potential "Slander". The manager in question micro managers the people they want to get rid of as they believe its a favor to get them out of the company. They are quickly to ignore other members of staff as long as they get to you. The second manager will speed up the machine to get ahead of target even if the machine is continuously breaking down the fitters are told to do a quick job to keep it running when it needs a days worth of maintenance carried out on it to make it run correctly.

Then there's the people you will be working with do you like drugs and excessive alcohol consumption on nights out along with back stabbing well you better or else!

Do you like constantly hearing swearing, arguments, threats of violence,anti social behavior, name calling people trying to get a rise out of you well welcome home this is the place for you no its not high school its work!

In Conclusion there's some really nice people who work
 - more...
It is a Brilliant place to work, good management , good staff at the place,good atmosphere. the butter is very nice, and over all a good place to work in.
It was a great experience working at Kerry foods making sure everywhere was clean as expected including toilets, corridors, stairs, tables this was a necessary expectation as other workers had to eat and drink in the canteen, so making sure it was clean was a priority. Overall it was a great experience and I had a good time meeting new people.
It’s one of the best places to work and the best paid job I was ever in you should work for a company like this you’ll enjoy every minute with great job and self worth
this job is what you may expect from a Irish employer, disorganised, no one knows what they are doing, can`t get the job done fast enough.
they are quick to blame employees when things go wrong.