Kerry Foods

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

I worked in shillelagh for 10 years, members of human resources did not have any respect for floor staff, job was very hard lifting all day, avoid, nice wages
Pros
Bullying
Cons
No respect
They just give you hours whenever they feel like it you have no job security what so ever. They force you into taking shifts even if you cant work because you wont get another if you dont. They are a waste of time dont work there you'll get work 5 months of year then your thrown to the side over the autumn and winter period vital months of the year where a normal family man needs to be working. I've worked there 3 years in total and I noticed it is about who you know not what you know. Plus your on a zero hour contract
Pros
Cons
12 hour shifts none less and your on a zero hour contract
The work itself was varied, moving throughout the plant every day, talking to production workers. Lab work was menial but not particularly time consuming. Problem-solving was a crucial part of the job - not always the case when starting out in QA.
Pros
Coworkers are great, lots of variety
Cons
Moving up is difficult, hours aren't ideal when just starting out
The factory I worked at was finally shut down, so I heard. I had some pleasant and unpleasant memories, worked with good people and difficult people. Management and quality had some good policies in place. The biggest problem the company had, in my opinion, was that they hired lots of unqualified people for production. Hard work throughout the plant. It was difficult for some people to keep up with the sanitation requirements on the floor.
Pros
Management and quality had good sop's, plant manager was caring and approachable, a few good co-workers, generous breaks
Cons
Some ignorant and careless people worked there, some showed aggressive behavior
Pay & benefitsSomehow it is good but for me not sufficient as per my experience.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Kerry Foods, I think okManagementIn general, managers at Kerry Foods are goodCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Kerry Foods is excellentOverallMy experience working at Kerry Foods is great.
There is no training there basically ure left in ur own to sort out urself shift management isn’t botherd I walked out in end at break time u just go out and sit in ur car very dipressing place to work I’ve done factory work all my life it’s the worst place I’ve ever worked
Pros
Going home
Cons
Work load is really bad. They will pass all work to QA technician and training consist of them just printer paper and having you sign it that you fully understand it and will comply. Advancement is hindered by management as they only want to fill the role and is not concerned with individual's career growth. They rather hire people outside than promote or advance someone as there will be gap. This is a company that does not value teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Workload, unfairness
Not a place you want to spend your working life. Very stressful not safe but above all as an employee you are treated like 2nd class and you cannot get time off made work long hours nearly every weekend. You will not look well after working here.
Pros
Local
Cons
Long hours bad safety. Badly effects your wellbeing.
Overall working 6 days a week, it got so tiring I had to quit after 4 weeks. Angry clients when orders don’t arrive with no support from depot management. Got told to ‘make some excuse up, be creative. Felt like a number not an employee. Vehicles that were falling apart from lack of maintenance. One vehicle was constantly breaking down with gearbox issues.
Pros
1 week off, fully paid for, every 6 weeks.
Cons
Working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week
The workers like to associate, the job is more cleaning and maintaining than anything. Benefits are great and pay is par. Haven't been there long though. Hands on experience will compound learning process for quicker operator development.
Pros
30 min lunch, 3 other breaks, generous shift differential, physically easy work
Cons
Terrible boots, hard floor, temperature variance, doors are broken
I work here for 18 mns. You will work 60 hrs a wk . It's hot. Dark. Very dirty. Unruly coworkers. You will be reassigned constantly to do or help others do the task they alone should perform. It's a union job as well.
Pros
Some postions allow you to work at your own pace, Pay is is border line acceptable for some positions
Cons
Terrible work force culture
Bonne expérience chez Kerry, salaire motivant, avantages sociaux gratifiants. Entreprise innovante, et respectueuse de ses ouvriers. On est motivé lorsqu'on travail chez Kerry, et les ouvriers sont choyés. J'ai apprécié travaillé dans ce groupe innovant et moderne.
Pros
Salaires et avantages
Cons
Restructuration
Worked in omagh for 5 years as a production operator, started off building pallets which was physically tough and very repetitive work. Gradually got introduced to other areas of the factory floor and was trained to operate other machines, this was less physically demanding but you were regularly held accountable for things beyond your control and expected to meet unrealistic targets. Management would walk right past you and not even acknowledge your existence which I found made for an uncomfortable atmosphere on the factory floor
Pros
Wages weren't bad for unskilled work
Cons
Management, culture and atmosphere throughout the place was grim
The workplace culture is fun with friendly employee and supportive supervisor. The supervisor teaches me about the SAP to key in the maintenance item in the system.
Pros
Free meal at work
A family like environment but really people are focus on taking care of business during there shift. Teamwork was an important quality everybody had to have.
I worked on a two shift system, 6 - 2 and 2 - 10. If anybody was away sick or on holiday, I filled in and did the night shift. I learned all about computers connected with the position I was in. Each day we wore white coats, hair nets and facial masks (if you had a beard etc ). The hardest part of the job was finding the time to fit it all in. You had your breaks at set times which were staggered to allow everyone to go and the lab not being empty. Now and then some were picked to do food tasting and trying and write a report about your findings.
Pros
Only 10 miles away so could be called in if needed.
Cons
You had to clock in and if you were two minutes late, They stopped you 15 minutes.
Management are awful and have zero respect for workers. Expected to run two machines at one time and when you complain and ask for help, they say they will get someone to help but don't come back near you again.
I think it’s not bad to working at Kerry Food, this is food sector and a multicultural based company. There’s a lot of type of jobs to learn e make a career.
Pros
Possibility to do career
Cons
Lot’s of different type of thinking peoples
A normal day would be making deliveries of finish good product and pick up raw materials for the warehouse. Help out in the warehouse when not making deliveries.
Pros
Hours.
Cons
Not a good time card time clock
The managers are lovely, there's always plenty of work to do and the work is easy. My only complaint is their high turnover and lack of job security. That's all.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no job security
There is growth but only for certain people. Medical aid is not subsidized or even a percentage of it. Some managers are good others have no management skills at all. Hence some employees are happy and others are not. There is work life balance only if you are in a higher position.
Pros
I made some good colleagues
Cons
Not everyone is treated equally
  1. Employee reviews