Kerry Foods

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews for Associate General Counsel

Terrible place to work
General operative (Former Employee) –  Charleville, County Cork10 November 2019
Terrible place to work management have no respect for employees and only care about getting product out the door. Health and safety here is unknown when orders have to be met.
They don't listen to employees wishes
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan14 August 2019
I worked there for a number of months, on night shift, despite asking to be moved onto the day shift as didn't suit, they didn't take into consideration, despite newcomers getting in on days, I was left on nights. Also, little or no Irish working there so tend to be in the minority.
Good company to work for
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Charleville, County Cork14 March 2019
Good company to work for, work 8.00 to 6 monday to wed, thur 8.00 to 5.00, 39 hour week, fridays off. Busy place with a good team of people. Overall good place to work for.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Good place for young people
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Shillelagh, County Wicklow29 February 2016
Job include 40 hours per week with extensions of overtime on weekend.
Was the place where I learned to work with new technology for the production of meat.
During the 14 years I worked in different departments and had contact with different managers which has various ideas about work place, production plan and implementation of new work Toyota System.
I worked with nice and friendly people and we helps each other as a team work.
Pros
Free lunches when was Kerry Foods day celebrated
Cons
Hard and lot of volume of work in Boning Hall area and less salary rate.
A very good employer
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Shillelagh, WW9 September 2014
Although the work was fast and furious it was a good place to work
People there were always good humoured and very willing to help you if you needed it
Management always willing to listen to employees and try to sort out any issues arising
Loved the worker rewards that they had such as a night out and gifts for employees
Pros
Good pay, good work place, subadised meals and great atmosphere
Cons
not enough overtime due to seasonal slumps
productive
General operative (part time) (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, MN5 April 2014
a typical day at work was working on a food manufacturing line
I learned how to work as part of a team
Management was very helpful when I started working there
My co-workers were very helpful and nice people to work with
The hardest part of the job was pushing bins full of rice and noodles to the manufacturing line.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making different food products every night
Pros
cheap lunch good wages, close to home
Cons
Efficent,productive and fun workplace.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  shillelagh co.wicklow8 March 2014
Processing meat products as efficient as possible,keeping good communication between fellow workmates.
In my time there I learned how to work as part of a team,learned how to work and cope under pressure and meet deadlines during busy times.
Management were fair.Communication with employees could have been better.
In my time served there the hardest part of the job was the working hours which were 10pm to 6am.I always gave 100% every shift but it was hard going working at a fast pace and dealing with what can only be described as a sort of jet lag.I worked nights for over 1.5 years and the body found it hard to adjust but apart from that I enjoyed the work as we worked efficiently and to a fast pace so time flew by and I enjoyed working with a good team with great communication between each other during each product we processed.
Pros
great wages
Cons
fighting tiredness as it was a night shift