Kerry Foods

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Production Associate32 reviews
The managers are lovely, there's always plenty of work to do and the work is easy. My only complaint is their high turnover and lack of job security. That's all.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no job security
this job is what you may expect from a Irish employer, disorganised, no one knows what they are doing, can`t get the job done fast enough.
they are quick to blame employees when things go wrong.
The company was amazing to work for and had many benefits such as early finishes on a Friday and no weekend work unless overtime was available! The balance between work and home life was perfect due to a different shift attern each week
I like this job to work
A typical day at work 3 days work and 3 days day off

Day and night sifft 12 hours

Time work and easy job

12 hours the hardest part of the job
I have been working in Kerry Food for 2 years, I like the job, the salary and the people who work with me, because they always help and each other. Kerry foods have high standards and are committed to working with great responsibility.
Good company, friendly people, many holidays, good salary, job oppotunieties! Cold enviroment! Long shifts 12 hours 3 on 3 off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard Job for a minimum wage a lot of discrimination you feel like you are just a number every week some full time worker is leaving and new GI agency worker coming with a hope for a better future hope to get a contract forget about contracts no contracts any more I work for Kerry Foods Enniskillen for 6 years and I am a full time worker I have never see it worst then that at the moment no overtime no decent money it is just a joke for two years I haven't done even a day overtime.I will be next to go out of the door.
Responsible for the Quality checking and supervising to a high standard all packaging, risk problems, weight checking and gas analysing through various computer machines, to the health and safety food act of 1990. Included in the busy schedule was the day-to-day manifestation and application of all relevant paperwork for the employer as well as the running and servicing of multi-pack computerised equipment. It was also the responsibility of the production line operative to ensure strictest high standards were met in the various departments according to the rules and regulations of Kerry Foods Ltd.
Pros
pay
Cons
shift work, long hours
I worked 3pm to 11pm Monday to Thursday and 2pm to 9pm on a Friday. Above minimum wage which was great considering the job is not difficult by any means. Overtime offered but not compulsory. Paid bank holidays. Provided me with money to pay for my degree which I did in the mornings. Good for saving money. Couldn't complain about it. Great opportunities for anyone looking to progress and make it a career.
Pros
Good pay. Good shift hours. Overtime available.
Cons
Privatised canteen not a great standard.
i have many positive memories for my years at kerrys as i've gained lots of valuable experience both in work and life. but due to current management ways of work and the balance of work/home life and the cuts in staff have made me want to change my employment.
Pros
staff shop
Cons
low staff for the work alocated these days
I spent 3 weeks at Kerry Foods and after these 3 weeks I was laid off, being told it was due to hygeine issues, despite showering every morning/evening before work and always wearing PPE.
The managers seemed to pick and choose who did the better jobs and they did not seem to like me.
Pros
free butter
Cons
Won't be working there long
When u work at kerry foods u r always cold as it is pretty pack everything has to b weighted they is no canteen on site so don't forget to make ur bate
Pros
Sum times if isa new line we can sample the goods
Cons
Yes it is a long day
good work place, salary is not bad, many opportunities and new job vacancies advertised all the time. Kerry Foods in Attleborough is a chilled food manufacturer
Good job just need to offer 8 hour jobs aswell for better chance at more people lasting the job very clean work enviroment very good team leaders also have a staff shop thats good
Pros
Not a bad wage
Cons
Solid company. The possibility of qualification and promotion to a higher position. Concern for the employee. The company cares about the safety and comfort. Helping managers.
they don't follow standards. only a few managers follow standard very few people speak english expect racist comments if your white and english rubbish breaks as they like to always push the plan (all that applies to night shift)
Cons
short breaks, bullying, racist, unprofessional managers/supervisors
great to work their all the people very friendly and great to get along with the only problem was the lifting because my ankles are bad.
My experienced was mixed, but I don't blame the employer just the agency that did prepare me for the job that I was to do, but other then that it was actually a good place to work and the staff where great. I would consider working for them again in the future.

My duties where working on a production line and helping with packing and labelling.
Day to day processing of customer orders for product processing. I learned all aspects of the department ranging from opening intake goods to preperation for cooking. I also learned the Quality Assurance side of the business and also shop floor team leader ability. Management was very open to suggestion on processes yet were very knowledgeable on how to accomplish daily deadlines and goals. The hardest days were during peak seasons where orders were sometimes impossible to complete in a single day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team of co-workers, these people made the job so much easier to handle with thier vast knowledge and friendly manner.
worked there for a short period
was organised and not a bad company to work for

was contracted

some good staff there i learned about the company and the certain roles was hard work but i adapted very well
Pros
good canteen for food.
Cons
worked variouse shifts from a 6 am to 2pm then 2 pm to 10 pm and occasionly nights but mainly enjoyed the work and had to occasionly work weekends
Pros
pros of job they had a small shop whitch you coul buy cheap meat
Cons
occassionly done long hours if had to do overtime