Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

Good palce
Whey plant operator (Former Employee) –  Listowel, County Kerry27 February 2018
Enjoyable and mafe alot of friends during my time here very bad work life balance workong 3 out of 4 eeeks a month with double pay the weekend. Poor management also
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Entrepreneurial and fast moving company
Global Senior Learning Lead (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare15 February 2018
Kerry is an exciting place to work with a massive amount of global travel opportunities. Change is almost constant in the business. Kerry are involved with nearly every part of the Food & Ingredient business.
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare19 December 2017
Entrepreneurial, hard working culture.
Management is approachable.
Opportunity to work in different countries
Good job prospect if ready to relocate.
Good benefits, 5 weeks holidays, sick pay, maternity leave, health benefit, good company pension contribution (up to 10 %).
Great facilities
Work life balance is improving.
Pros
benefits, facilities
Cons
Long hours, Location
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan28 November 2017
Fair balance between work you do and salary you get paid. All around nice people working. Management which not only talks the the talk but also walks the walk.
Fun and productive workplace
Pensions Intern (Former Employee) –  Kildare25 November 2017
While working with Kerry Group I was required to use excel to update pension information on employees within the company. This provided me with a new and deeper understanding of how to use excel.
No respect for employees
Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleville, County Cork22 November 2017
No respect for employees. Poor management and organisation for such a big company. Poor facilities ie.canteen poor,toilets poor. Not a nice place to work in general.
Pros
Salary
Good job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan12 September 2017
The factory is very good , people friendly, normal working hours, the jod is not boring, all the time changes the production,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
young vibrant
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare24 July 2017
Hard work but good atmosphere and the company want to promote internally so plenty of opportunities. Sometimes hard to achieve a work life balance. Overall a great place to work
Good workplace. Good opportunities.
I worked there for nearly 17 years. I started there when it was Golden vale. Kerry foods took over in 2002. I started on the production floor packing the product , then moved to the cooking and preparation of the product. At first it was mostly manual labour in the cooking evolving to automatic addition of ingredients.
Pros
Free meals if we worked 4 hours overtime.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Enjoyable environment to work in. A company that values and rewards employee input.
Operating high speed production lines to optimum efficiency and think on you feet to problem solve issues as they arise.Working as an individual to perform tasks and working as a team member to deliver Kerry's mission statement.
Management at Kerry are supportive to there employees actively encourage and reward employees that multi skill across the business. This in turn creates an ethic of "can do" attitude.
The hardest part of the job is being on shift work and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we produced high quality products that are enjoyed by millions across Europe.
Pros
Great pay and conditions.Job security
Cons
Shift work
Good work enviroment
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan19 April 2017
Company is full of different people from different countries with different cultures.
The work load is good organized.
Quite good salary.
Working hours is doable.
Pros
5d/per week, weekends off, overtime is payed.
Lovely friendly staff and customers
Barista (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare3 January 2017
My time working here I have gained great friendships with my customers
Lovely staff
Great management
Hardest part of this job is staff been sick which puts lots more work on the other staff
Pros
Hours
Cons
Underpaid
A get up and Go culture
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Kerry & Dublin15 November 2016
Hard Working , Get and Go company where an employee is required to deliver results. Constantly looking for opporuntities across the division.
Horrible place to work !
R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare5 October 2016
Training is absolutely shocking in this company! As a recent graduate I was given no guidance from my manager your just expected to know what to do!! Bullying is a constant day to day thing in this company and HR will not do anything about it as they are afraid of the managers! Managers make employees cry on a daily basis and get away with it! Laboratory technicians are belittled and dismissed constantly by management ! If you don't have a masters or a PhD you are constantly looked down on! A big show is put on when customers are on site (paying out for hot towels in the bathrooms, repainting a new building, decorations etc etc).

Working here has turned me off the science industry!

Massive overturn of staff with employees just quitting on a weekly basis without giving their months notice!
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Constant overtime with no extra pay, flexi time is up to your manager which will more than likely not approve it anyway, lack of training, bullying, poor health and safety procedures, etc.
very productive day, always busy, always interesting
line operative (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan9 June 2016
you can get tired true the day, but you can communicate with people, very good management, always helps to solve the problems if anyone has at work. Sometimes there a little bit cold at work place, but uniforms are very good and warm which are given at work.You can get good experience how to work fast and friendly in a team
Good place for young people
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Shillelagh, County Wicklow29 February 2016
Job include 40 hours per week with extensions of overtime on weekend.
Was the place where I learned to work with new technology for the production of meat.
During the 14 years I worked in different departments and had contact with different managers which has various ideas about work place, production plan and implementation of new work Toyota System.
I worked with nice and friendly people and we helps each other as a team work.
Pros
Free lunches when was Kerry Foods day celebrated
Cons
Hard and lot of volume of work in Boning Hall area and less salary rate.
Very busy, good place to work.
production worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D1117 September 2015
Enjoyed working there but found it very difficult to work in a chilled environment. The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know my work colleagues who were from all around the world.
Pros
Workforce and Management were excellent, and very friendly.
Cons
working in the chilled environment was very difficult.
Busy....productive
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D11 September 2015
A typical day would be supporting the NAM.

Dealing with our Customers, sending proposals or new line forms

Liasing with Demand Planning to ensure our forecast is correct.

Ad hoc administration
Pros
Lunch is provided
Cons
Moving premises
My typical day at work
WAREHOUSE GENERAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Shillelagh1 September 2015
We start at 2pm i was pack load for portadown to be ready beffore 4pm then 30min brake, after comeback bullpick UK order, then pick portadown for 8pm , 7pm we have another brake then pick last portadown order and aldi or help other with them orders 10pm finish.
Great and friendly place to work
QUALITY CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  carrickmacross co monaghan14 July 2015
Kerry Foods is good place to work ! Good,skilled and friendly staff and management !! People are great at providing training and feedback ! Never worked in food industry before but got all the essential training when started as a quality controller and i am well skilled at my role now !
Pros
We have a Kerry Foods day at work every year, Christmas lunches and bonuses
Cons
Hard enough to get shift transfer as people work same shift for years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kerry Foods. Our community is ready to answer.