Kerry Foods

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

Ireland67 reviews
Flexible work hours provided solid platform for performing well in the day-to-day role. Collaborative culture through different teams and openly encouraged to form opinions and participate cross-functionally and with different managerial groups. Overall, a great experience.
Hard Working , Get and Go company where an employee is required to deliver results. Constantly looking for opporuntities across the division.
Training is absolutely shocking in this company! As a recent graduate I was given no guidance from my manager your just expected to know what to do!! Bullying is a constant day to day thing in this company and HR will not do anything about it as they are afraid of the managers! Managers make employees cry on a daily basis and get away with it! Laboratory technicians are belittled and dismissed constantly by management ! If you don't have a masters or a PhD you are constantly looked down on! A big show is put on when customers are on site (paying out for hot towels in the bathrooms, repainting a new building, decorations etc etc).

Working here has turned me off the science industry!

Massive overturn of staff with employees just quitting on a weekly basis without giving their months notice!
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Constant overtime with no extra pay, flexi time is up to your manager which will more than likely not approve it anyway, lack of training, bullying, poor health and safety procedures, etc.
you can get tired true the day, but you can communicate with people, very good management, always helps to solve the problems if anyone has at work. Sometimes there a little bit cold at work place, but uniforms are very good and warm which are given at work.You can get good experience how to work fast and friendly in a team
Job include 40 hours per week with extensions of overtime on weekend.
Was the place where I learned to work with new technology for the production of meat.

During the 14 years I worked in different departments and had contact with different managers which has various ideas about work place, production plan and implementation of new work Toyota System.

I worked with nice and friendly people and we helps each other as a team work.
Pros
Free lunches when was Kerry Foods day celebrated
Cons
Hard and lot of volume of work in Boning Hall area and less salary rate.
Enjoyed working there but found it very difficult to work in a chilled environment. The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know my work colleagues who were from all around the world.
Pros
Workforce and Management were excellent, and very friendly.
Cons
working in the chilled environment was very difficult.
A typical day would be supporting the NAM.

Dealing with our Customers, sending proposals or new line forms

Liasing with Demand Planning to ensure our forecast is correct.

Ad hoc administration
Pros
Lunch is provided
Cons
Moving premises
We start at 2pm i was pack load for portadown to be ready beffore 4pm then 30min brake, after comeback bullpick UK order, then pick portadown for 8pm , 7pm we have another brake then pick last portadown order and aldi or help other with them orders 10pm finish.
Kerry Foods is good place to work ! Good,skilled and friendly staff and management !! People are great at providing training and feedback ! Never worked in food industry before but got all the essential training when started as a quality controller and i am well skilled at my role now !
Pros
We have a Kerry Foods day at work every year, Christmas lunches and bonuses
Cons
Hard enough to get shift transfer as people work same shift for years
Development and progression is very dependent on your department. No Christmas bonus, no free food (maybe a sandwich once a year).
Although the work was fast and furious it was a good place to work
People there were always good humoured and very willing to help you if you needed it

Management always willing to listen to employees and try to sort out any issues arising

Loved the worker rewards that they had such as a night out and gifts for employees
Pros
Good pay, good work place, subadised meals and great atmosphere
Cons
not enough overtime due to seasonal slumps
In the event of you wanting further information refer to myself
Everyday is a school day

My co-workers are nice enough

I like working with and talking to people
a typical day at work was working on a food manufacturing line
I learned how to work as part of a team

Management was very helpful when I started working there

My co-workers were very helpful and nice people to work with

The hardest part of the job was pushing bins full of rice and noodles to the manufacturing line.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making different food products every night
Pros
cheap lunch good wages, close to home
Cons
Three shift operated, producing frozen ready meals solution. Through the implementation of Lean manufacturing. Great management team and operatives who are committed.
Goods in, Goods out, Purchase Orders, QC Samples, Stock Issue to Factory Floor, Stock Rotation, Stock takes and Invoice Queries
Processing meat products as efficient as possible,keeping good communication between fellow workmates.
In my time there I learned how to work as part of a team,learned how to work and cope under pressure and meet deadlines during busy times.

Management were fair.Communication with employees could have been better.

In my time served there the hardest part of the job was the working hours which were 10pm to 6am.I always gave 100% every shift but it was hard going working at a fast pace and dealing with what can only be described as a sort of jet lag.I worked nights for over 1.5 years and the body found it hard to adjust but apart from that I enjoyed the work as we worked efficiently and to a fast pace so time flew by and I enjoyed working with a good team with great communication between each other during each product we processed.
Pros
great wages
Cons
fighting tiredness as it was a night shift
start at 7 in morning had between 20 and 25 calls a day work long hours a lot of manual handling made a lot of friends there
Pros
meeting a lot of people
-production of spices
-courses which give a higher qualification

-Work in team ripped
Pros
close distance from home, the ability to work overtime
Cons
Identified requirements of ISO14001 licence. Went on site to relevant departments to sure compliance to a high level was being achieved and maintained. Assisted WWTP engineer in the recording of soluble minerals within water supply being released into the local water supply.

I learned the importance of ensuring your work is correct and on time with no room for error. Co-workers were friendly and helpful, and always appreciated help whenever they needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was the pressure during external auditor visits, as my work was being assessed in such away that if not up to standard the site would incur a fine. Most Enjoyable part was carrying out olfactory assessments around the local area.
Pros
Great experience of an industrious work environment
Cons
High expectations.
Shipping & despatching of milkpowder products:
• Liasing and organising transport companies

• Liasing and organising Laboratory Personnel

• Liasing and providing the necessary documentation to the

Credit Control Dept.

• Delivery Advise notes,

• Customs Invoice,

• S.A.D, T5

• CMR,

• Customer’s Delivery Notes.

Claiming Export Refunds & ensure export licences are completed.

Applying for Export Licences with the Dept.of Agriculture. Monitoring tariff

codes and recipes issued by the EU.
Pros
Teamplayer, good training
Cons
Same job for 15 years
National Foods[ part of Kerry group] was a great place to work