Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

A very good employer
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Shillelagh, WW9 September 2014
Although the work was fast and furious it was a good place to work
People there were always good humoured and very willing to help you if you needed it
Management always willing to listen to employees and try to sort out any issues arising
Loved the worker rewards that they had such as a night out and gifts for employees
Pros
Good pay, good work place, subadised meals and great atmosphere
Cons
not enough overtime due to seasonal slumps
Please refer to me for any questions
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Cork11 August 2014
In the event of you wanting further information refer to myself
Everyday is a school day
My co-workers are nice enough
I like working with and talking to people
productive
General operative (part time) (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, MN5 April 2014
a typical day at work was working on a food manufacturing line
I learned how to work as part of a team
Management was very helpful when I started working there
My co-workers were very helpful and nice people to work with
The hardest part of the job was pushing bins full of rice and noodles to the manufacturing line.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making different food products every night
Pros
cheap lunch good wages, close to home
Cons
Great food culture environment and commited stafff
(Carrickmacross) - Quality Leader (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross19 March 2014
Three shift operated, producing frozen ready meals solution. Through the implementation of Lean manufacturing. Great management team and operatives who are committed.
Hard but Enjoyable
Assistant Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wicklow10 March 2014
Goods in, Goods out, Purchase Orders, QC Samples, Stock Issue to Factory Floor, Stock Rotation, Stock takes and Invoice Queries
Efficent,productive and fun workplace.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  shillelagh co.wicklow8 March 2014
Processing meat products as efficient as possible,keeping good communication between fellow workmates.
In my time there I learned how to work as part of a team,learned how to work and cope under pressure and meet deadlines during busy times.
Management were fair.Communication with employees could have been better.
In my time served there the hardest part of the job was the working hours which were 10pm to 6am.I always gave 100% every shift but it was hard going working at a fast pace and dealing with what can only be described as a sort of jet lag.I worked nights for over 1.5 years and the body found it hard to adjust but apart from that I enjoyed the work as we worked efficiently and to a fast pace so time flew by and I enjoyed working with a good team with great communication between each other during each product we processed.
Pros
great wages
Cons
fighting tiredness as it was a night shift
lorry driver
Van Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  monaghan/cavan/louth/meath16 January 2014
start at 7 in morning had between 20 and 25 calls a day work long hours a lot of manual handling made a lot of friends there
Pros
meeting a lot of people
production team ripped
General Operator (Former Employee) –  limerick25 September 2013
-production of spices
-courses which give a higher qualification
-Work in team ripped
Pros
close distance from home, the ability to work overtime
Cons
Productive challenging environment with great oppertunities
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Listowel5 September 2013
Identified requirements of ISO14001 licence. Went on site to relevant departments to sure compliance to a high level was being achieved and maintained. Assisted WWTP engineer in the recording of soluble minerals within water supply being released into the local water supply.

I learned the importance of ensuring your work is correct and on time with no room for error. Co-workers were friendly and helpful, and always appreciated help whenever they needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was the pressure during external auditor visits, as my work was being assessed in such away that if not up to standard the site would incur a fine. Most Enjoyable part was carrying out olfactory assessments around the local area.
Pros
Great experience of an industrious work environment
Cons
High expectations.
Shipping Dept
Shipping Dept (Former Employee) –  Cork, C22 August 2013
Shipping & despatching of milkpowder products:
• Liasing and organising transport companies
• Liasing and organising Laboratory Personnel
• Liasing and providing the necessary documentation to the
Credit Control Dept.
• Delivery Advise notes,
• Customs Invoice,
• S.A.D, T5
• CMR,
• Customer’s Delivery Notes.
Claiming Export Refunds & ensure export licences are completed.
Applying for Export Licences with the Dept.of Agriculture. Monitoring tariff
codes and recipes issued by the EU.
Pros
Teamplayer, good training
Cons
Same job for 15 years
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Limerick21 August 2013
National Foods[ part of Kerry group] was a great place to work
good workplace
KBS Powders/ General Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrigaline19 August 2013
Work for 2 sifts. I learned how to work in a sterile environment. Management very helpful and understanding. Frendli co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is work in special air hood.
The most enjoyable part of the job is office work.
An excellent place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charleville, Co Cork25 April 2013
Typical working hours were 9 - 5.30pm. Management were always there when they were needed and kept a discreet presence in the workplace. They were always very approachable and most helpful. The other staff members were great, great to help and advise and to offer support. I didn't find any part of the job difficult as such, it was challenging and very interesting.
Pros
great people, great place to be
Good work place
General operative / Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shillelagh15 April 2013
Goog salary, benefits, work place. Not the best team to work with or manegmnet. I learn some new skils and make friends.Hard but awardin job.
My Work and Life
Product Line Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2013
My day at Kerry Foods starts half past six in the morning. Three of us, product line QC's, have to prepare for the day. We need to print out paperwork, calibrate scales, and check on the overall hygiene before production people start.
Shortly before seven o'clock, my co-workers come in. We have worked together for years, so I know almost everyone. Although these people are of different nationalities, and come from different countries, we work together as a team. We respect each other. We like working together. Being so multinational, misunderstanding comes easily. It is the hardest part of the job. Good thing is that misunderstandings get solved with no hard feelings. Respect stays.
Management Team are mostly Irish. They are people of high ethical values. During these 8 and half years with Kerry Group, I have never received mistreatment.
Pros
free tea and coffee in canteen
Cons
irregular working hours
An enjoyable workplace where all staff got on well together
Van sales representative (Former Employee) –  carrickmacross, county monaghan10 January 2013
An early start calling on retail outlets selling chilled food products. You learn very quickly to know your route and the use of handheld technology. The management for the most part were helpful and would give you any assistance needed to surpass your given targets.
The other employees were all very helpful if you needed any help and it was like being part of a family. The hardest part of my job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of my job was closing a sale.
Pros
lunch allowance, good salary.
Cons
long hours.
productive
sales driver representative (Former Employee) –  dublin ballymount31 October 2012
I show the robustness and accuracy and speed of the work getting the necessary experience in the field of logistics and transport.
I am a quiet quickly able to assert themselves in the environment, widely liked. I am also co-operating well without conflict in the group. Seamlessly doing command superiors. I can work well under pressure while maintaining composure.
Pros
free lunched