Keywords Studios

Keywords Studios Employee Reviews

Ireland21 reviews
Easy job, good as a starting job
Recommended as a starting job, very nice people working there and great team leads, but there is no way to grow in the company. low salary.
well environment in the office as there is no way to grow.
20 April 2020
We appreciate your feedback, thank you. We wish we could refer you to the local HR team to discuss your concerns about growth opportunities. We do wish you the best in your next endeavor.
Poor pay, unstable flexi contract, no form of advancement and poor management
Whilst I did enjoy my time at Keywords, the longer I stayed the more I could see the split ends and cracks in the corners. The salary is disgracefully low, I was earning more behind a shop counter! Management is inefficient and poor at communicating with themselves and employees.
Pros
Nice people, interesting work if you like games
Cons
Poor pay, 0 benefits, unstable contract
Excellent experience
There is a collaborative and relaxed environment. I would work with them again if I had a chance. I got fairly paid on time. Also had a very nice interview experience.
23 March 2020
This is great to hear, thanks for sharing! We appreciate the time you spent with us and do wish you the best!
A good environment
For someone that lives in the gaming industry, I can say that this company provides a great overall experience of this type of market. Keywords also have a great environment to work, gives the employees the space to be able to balance a healthy day and the natural stress of the job.
9 March 2020
Thanks so much for your review and for all you do at Keywords. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time here and that our efforts to take care of our teams is coming through!
Very pleasant HR team member, got phone call morning. By 4pm next day was all okay .then interview after 1day
Its classified work , testing products , the HR. And the payroll team the fastest and most productive members.
The most important points

Contract direct not agency

Proficiency on training

No stressful targets

Comfi work environment
13 January 2020
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We hope you thoroughly enjoy your time here at Keywords!
Fast-Pased and growing company
It was wonderful to work for Keywords Studio. Learned a lot of tools which used for localisation. Built skill sets by working in this company. Obtain a lot of connections.
20 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for your time with us. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you found valuable tools to take moving forward. Best of luck to you!
Good experience until at some point
It's a very good job to start in a office environment, they have an amazing people who is always there to help you out with everything, but the management it is not that good and the contract is so unstable.
2 December 2019
We appreciate your feedback, thank you. We wish you the best in your next endeavor!
Fun place to work
Great place to start a career in gaming and the people are brillant and really open and friendly place to work. It is a service company and pay as expected wasnt too high!
Pros
Easy going workplace
Cons
location
12 September 2019
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your time with Keywords!
Not a serious company, not a fair company, not a smart company
Let me start of with the good:

- You get to play video games

- With some luck your name will end up in the credits of a game

- You get to sleep in every day as even though you are expected to start working at 9:30, practically nobody does, even leads and Pm's come in late on a daily basis

- perfect if this is your 1st job in life

Now the bad:

- Very demotivating

- Unfair company culture

- Higher positions put the blame on the people below instead of taking responsibility for their own mistakes

- Bad pay, working at a local supermarket will earn you 2 euros per hour more.

- Unfair treatment of employees

- People in high places with (very) bad decision making skills

- They have policies and guidelines, but nobody really cares

- Working hard will be rewarded with: more work

- you WILL be underappreciated by everyone above you unless you just shut up and do what you are told regardless

- Little career opportunities:

You can progress to become team lead and then PM however, why would you? Pay will still be low and all the aforementioned cons will still apply.

- The company and its employees in decision making functions share 1 common practice:

Short term investment, with short term profits

- Flexible contracts, people are disposable

- People with no skill ending up in high places

- Even the people who are in charge of organizing events have no clue what they are doing; for example: previously a BBQ would be organised on-site after work hours, that was great! Free drinks as much as you'd like and no need for travel. What happens next is that the
 - more...
Worst company ever
If you are not dying of hunger pass.
Ignorant management, HR dont know what SLA is.

Documentation and reporting is lacking and overall at lvl 2 out of 10.

Minumum wage, abused , and no life .. Think twice if you gonna work for this firm.
Pros
Cons
Infinite number, cant fit in one line
Good for the beginning
A typical day at work: busy
Learned: quality assurance

Management: experienced

Workplace culture: normal

The hardest part: not enough space

The most enjoyable: new people
Pros
Good for the beginning
Cons
no space
Life work balance nonexistent
Worked as a QA for 9months

Killed my hobby of playing games, the job has a very degrading environment

Dont go here if youve a morsel of self respect
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Endless
Worst place to work ever
Bad management, unstable contract, minimum salary. Just don’t work here, you deserve a better job. They will treat you like you’re worth nothing and don’t even expect any benefits
Pros
Cons
Everything you can expect will be worse than that
Fun, enjoyable job
Fun enjoyable job, but don't expect too many personal development opportunities. Nice atmosphere, easy going. Unfortunately, not a good fit for ambitious people.
very good enviroment
A good place to start in terms of experience and learning about the work environment and linguistic culture. You get to meet many nice people and very friendly environment
The salary and benefits are very poor. It is not enough for people to survive in Dublin.
Ambiente de trabajo relajado, poca estabilidad laborarl
Buen ambiente de trabajo, sociable y dinámico. Poca estabilidad laboral y dificultad de promoción.
Interesting Job
Multi culture friendly working environment,
Colleagues from all of the world,

but work together with fun and happiness.
Ambiance at work
Best company I have ever worked for, concerning the company culture.
Productive and nice work enviroment
- I've learned how to deal with problems and how to solve them in the most eficient way
- Good management

- Great environment

- Amazing people

- Fast paced, yet not stressful job
Multilingual workplace
During my experience at Keywords Int. I have worked for the major video game developers and publishers such as Sony Computer Entertainment, Microsoft, and Namco, specializing in the identification of linguistic bugs (translation, grammar, spelling issues) and the review of language components (Text and Audio files). I have also gained experience of using databases together with an excellent attention to details. Moreover, I have developed strong communication skills by cooperating with the other members of the multilingual team to ensure an efficient job according to the priorities set by the team leader.
Productive and fun work place
We have daily plan for to-do-list, so we organise that what we will do for that day and we can manage time. It is an international company, so it is fun to work with many colleagues from the different countries.
I learnt to report some bugs and to edit some corrections in database. It is enjoyable to test games, but you have be really focus on for details and needed so much care.
Cons
Flexible contrat, payment lunch