Keywords Studios

Keywords Studios Employee Reviews

Ireland30 reviews

There's worse minimum wage jobs than this

The job itself is very fun but overall underpaid with no opportunity to advance your career. Good team atmosphere with a few exceptions (like anywhere else)

12 January 2023
We would love to address your concerns. May we ask that you reach out to your local HR Team? If you are unsure who that is, you can contact us at globalemployeecommunications@keywordsstudios.com. Thank you!

Good place to start

Good place to start in the video game industry and learn the ropes of the job. Low compensation and job security, most of the contracts are flexible not having hours guaranteed.

5 July 2022
Many thanks for your review, we appreciate it as we do all feedback. Given the nature of some of the work that we do, it is necessary that a proportion of our contracts are flexible in nature, and this is a model that works well for many. It would be great if you could reach out to your manager or your HR team locally to discuss your specific needs with us in person. Please know that your feedback in relation to salary been noted and will be shared further. Many thanks again for your review and hope to hear back from you in person.

Fun and interesting workplace!

I met great people working here, the teams are great and very helpful! There is a big variety in tasks so you get to learn a lot. It's a very good entry level job.

Pros

Fun work especially if you like video-games, nice people and management, learning a lot

Cons

Salary could be better

31 March 2022
Many thanks for you review. We are delighted that you have highlighted some of the best aspects of being a Keywordian! We are so pleased that you recognise and value the great team we have here, and the learning opportunities that come not only from the work that you do, but also from the experience of being on board a global multi-national company at such an exciting phase of acquisition and growth! In relation to salary, we take your feedback on board and please know that while we believe our offering is competitive, this is something that is currently under review so watch this space. Thanks again for your lovely review and wishing you continued success and satisfaction with us as you continue your Keywords journey, we are glad to have you on board!

A good place to start and gain some experience but that's it.

A good place to start and learn. Very bad management (no actual managers exist), no communication with C level (on purpose), difficult to score a contract. Nepotism all over the place, internal review is a joke half of the times. A clique of project managers and team leaders are running the place. No benefits, no health insurance, periodic employment, very low salary. A place to be used and then discarded.

14 April 2022
Thank you for your review. We are very concerned about your comments regarding management and in particular your comments in relation to nepotism. This is an extremely serious allegation and one that we would really like to be given the opportunity to know more about and to investigate. Please reach out to us in confidence regarding this – we really want to know more as we work to continually improve our employee experience. In relation to communication with the C Suite, we would like to point out that our new CEO has established a quarterly universal townhall meeting for exactly the opportunity to have the kind of direct communication that you mention. Possibly you had already left by the time the first event was conducted which is a pity but so far these meetings have been very well received and enjoyed by all at Keywords. As regards pay and benefits, while we believe we offer a competitive package, this is something that is currently under review. We are sorry to hear that you felt it fell short. We hope that overall, despite some negative comments, you have taken away some valuable experience and some good memories from your time at Keywords. Please do contact us separately regarding your specific allegations so that we have the opportunity to address. Wishing you all the best for your future career and once again, thank you for your review.

low paid, totally unfair, no benefit

The company has a vey bad attitude in hiring temporarily with a flexible contract, which does not guarantee any consistent incoming for the worker. Very last minute call in work and very last minute notice for cancelling the project. No benefit.

Good start

It was a good temporary job and it was fun to test videogames. Unfortunately as there weren't many projects available, it didn't last long. However, I'm glad I got the job because it made me acquire new skills and it opened me various doors.

15 November 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your time with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed the role. Best of luck to you!

Exciting dream job type

Nice office culture and suitable place to enhance skills and experiences.Management is well organized.The communication through supervisor or different unit is efficient. Plus everyone is friendly and patient with freshman.

Pros

Comfortable office environment

Cons

Far from city centre

27 October 2020
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback! It is great to see that you have had such a fantastic experience working with Keywords! It was a pleasure to have you working for us and we wish you all the best!

Wages are quite low to make a living in dublin

Location and travelling up and down isn't cover up with lower minimum paid. Job wasn't that hard. Just worked with deadline and played around with games on different equipments and made an suggestions

Pros

its not high demanding job

Cons

Wages isnt that good and location is too far to travel up and down.

30 July 2020
Thank you for your time at Keywords and for your feedback. We wish you the best!

Fun and relaxed workplace

It is a nice environment to work, the culture is relaxed and flexible. People are really friendly and supportive. The salary and conditions are not great taking into account the cost of life in Dublin.

Cons

Salary is too low for the market.

30 July 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts. We thank you for your time with us and do wish you the best!

Poor pay, unstable flexi contract, no form of advancement and poor management

Whilst I did enjoy my time at Keywords, the longer I stayed the more I could see the split ends and cracks in the corners. The salary is disgracefully low, I was earning more behind a shop counter! Management is inefficient and poor at communicating with themselves and employees.

Pros

Nice people, interesting work if you like games

Cons

Poor pay, 0 benefits, unstable contract

15 June 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear of your concerns and will take them all to heart as we continue to do our best to improve our employees' experience. Thank you for your time with us. We wish you the best!

Easy job, good as a starting job

Recommended as a starting job, very nice people working there and great team leads, but there is no way to grow in the company. low salary. well environment in the office as there is no way to grow.

20 April 2020
We appreciate your feedback, thank you. We wish we could refer you to the local HR team to discuss your concerns about growth opportunities. We do wish you the best in your next endeavor.

Excellent experience

There is a collaborative and relaxed environment. I would work with them again if I had a chance. I got fairly paid on time. Also had a very nice interview experience.

23 March 2020
This is great to hear, thanks for sharing! We appreciate the time you spent with us and do wish you the best!

A good environment

For someone that lives in the gaming industry, I can say that this company provides a great overall experience of this type of market. Keywords also have a great environment to work, gives the employees the space to be able to balance a healthy day and the natural stress of the job.

9 March 2020
Thanks so much for your review and for all you do at Keywords. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time here and that our efforts to take care of our teams is coming through!

Very pleasant HR team member, got phone call morning. By 4pm next day was all okay .then interview after 1day

Its classified work , testing products , the HR. And the payroll team the fastest and most productive members. The most important points Contract direct not agency Proficiency on training No stressful targets Comfi work environment

13 January 2020
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We hope you thoroughly enjoy your time here at Keywords!

Fast-Pased and growing company

It was wonderful to work for Keywords Studio. Learned a lot of tools which used for localisation. Built skill sets by working in this company. Obtain a lot of connections.

20 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for your time with us. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you found valuable tools to take moving forward. Best of luck to you!

Good experience until at some point

It's a very good job to start in a office environment, they have an amazing people who is always there to help you out with everything, but the management it is not that good and the contract is so unstable.

2 December 2019
We appreciate your feedback, thank you. We wish you the best in your next endeavor!

Fun place to work

Great place to start a career in gaming and the people are brillant and really open and friendly place to work. It is a service company and pay as expected wasnt too high!

Pros

Easy going workplace

Cons

location

12 September 2019
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your time with Keywords!

Not a serious company, not a fair company, not a smart company

Let me start of with the good: - You get to play video games - With some luck your name will end up in the credits of a game - You get to sleep in every day as even though you are expected to start working at 9:30, practically nobody does, even leads and Pm's come in late on a daily basis - perfect if this is your 1st job in life Now the bad: - Very demotivating - Unfair company culture - Higher positions put the blame on the people below instead of taking responsibility for their own mistakes - Bad pay, working at a local supermarket will earn you 2 euros per hour more. - Unfair treatment of employees - People in high places with (very) bad decision making skills - They have policies and guidelines, but nobody really cares - Working hard will be rewarded with: more work - you WILL be underappreciated by everyone above you unless you just shut up and do what you are told regardless - Little career opportunities: You can progress to become team lead and then PM however, why would you? Pay will still be low and all the aforementioned cons will still apply. - The company and its employees in decision making functions share 1 common practice: Short term investment, with short term profits - Flexible contracts, people are disposable - People with no skill ending up in high places - Even the people who are in charge of organizing events have no clue what they are doing; for example: previously a BBQ would be organised on-site after work hours, that was great! Free drinks as much as you'd like and no need for travel. What happens next is that the -

Worst company ever

If you are not dying of hunger pass. Ignorant management, HR dont know what SLA is. Documentation and reporting is lacking and overall at lvl 2 out of 10. Minumum wage, abused , and no life .. Think twice if you gonna work for this firm.

Pros

Cons

Infinite number, cant fit in one line

Good for the beginning

A typical day at work: busy Learned: quality assurance Management: experienced Workplace culture: normal The hardest part: not enough space The most enjoyable: new people

Pros

Good for the beginning

Cons

no space

Life work balance nonexistent

Worked as a QA for 9months Killed my hobby of playing games, the job has a very degrading environment Dont go here if youve a morsel of self respect

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

Endless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keywords Studios. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement