Keywords Studios
Keywords Studios Employee Review

Not a serious company, not a fair company, not a smart company

20 February 2019
Let me start of with the good:

- You get to play video games

- With some luck your name will end up in the credits of a game

- You get to sleep in every day as even though you are expected to start working at 9:30, practically nobody does, even leads and Pm's come in late on a daily basis

- perfect if this is your 1st job in life

Now the bad:

- Very demotivating

- Unfair company culture

- Higher positions put the blame on the people below instead of taking responsibility for their own mistakes

- Bad pay, working at a local supermarket will earn you 2 euros per hour more.

- Unfair treatment of employees

- People in high places with (very) bad decision making skills

- They have policies and guidelines, but nobody really cares

- Working hard will be rewarded with: more work

- you WILL be underappreciated by everyone above you unless you just shut up and do what you are told regardless

- Little career opportunities:

You can progress to become team lead and then PM however, why would you? Pay will still be low and all the aforementioned cons will still apply.

- The company and its employees in decision making functions share 1 common practice:

Short term investment, with short term profits

- Flexible contracts, people are disposable

- People with no skill ending up in high places

- Even the people who are in charge of organizing events have no clue what they are doing; for example: previously a BBQ would be organised on-site after work hours, that was great! Free drinks as much as you'd like and no need for travel. What happens next is that the
 - more...
2 June 2020
Whilst I did enjoy my time at Keywords, the longer I stayed the more I could see the split ends and cracks in the corners. The salary is disgracefully low, I was earning more behind a shop counter! Management is inefficient and poor at communicating with themselves and employees.
Pros
Nice people, interesting work if you like games
Cons
Poor pay, 0 benefits, unstable contract
15 June 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear of your concerns and will take them all to heart as we continue to do our best to improve our employees' experience. Thank you for your time with us. We wish you the best!
14 April 2020
Same location
Recommended as a starting job, very nice people working there and great team leads, but there is no way to grow in the company. low salary.
well environment in the office as there is no way to grow.
20 April 2020
We appreciate your feedback, thank you. We wish we could refer you to the local HR team to discuss your concerns about growth opportunities. We do wish you the best in your next endeavor.
10 March 2020
There is a collaborative and relaxed environment. I would work with them again if I had a chance. I got fairly paid on time. Also had a very nice interview experience.
23 March 2020
This is great to hear, thanks for sharing! We appreciate the time you spent with us and do wish you the best!