Keywords Studios

Keywords Studios Employee Reviews

Location and travelling up and down isn't cover up with lower minimum paid. Job wasn't that hard. Just worked with deadline and played around with games on different equipments and made an suggestions
Pros
its not high demanding job
Cons
Wages isnt that good and location is too far to travel up and down.
30 July 2020
Thank you for your time at Keywords and for your feedback. We wish you the best!
I feel like I found a place where I would like to stay for longer. The job is fun, I have cool people in my team (most of them) even the lead is ok. All is as it should be and I can work from home, can recommend the company.
FQA is great.
Teams are cool, games are cool.

I’m working on unreleased games before my friends.

Just don’t work for player support. I hear that team is bad.

Pay is ok. Better than most places.

I like the job!
Pros
Cool job
Cons
Player support
30 July 2020
Thanks so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your role at Keywords! If you have any information you'd like to share with your Studio Manager or local HR Team related to Player Support, please do connect with them. We want to ensure all employees have the best experience possible at Keywords!
It is a nice environment to work, the culture is relaxed and flexible.
People are really friendly and supportive.

The salary and conditions are not great taking into account the cost of life in Dublin.
Cons
Salary is too low for the market.
30 July 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts. We thank you for your time with us and do wish you the best!
You get what you pay for. This is a low level job that would be amazing for a high school student.
There are a LOT of smelly people here, literally. People show up in clothes they haven't washed in days reeking of B.O
Pros
Pretty relaxed workplace
Cons
Too relaxed, low pay, managers look and act like something you would find in fast food
27 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your time at Keywords.

Even though starting positions can be on call, more and more employees are on permanent and fixed term contracts. As for career advancement, we are proud to promote from within with our Level Up program, which gives employees the chance to grow professionally and achieve up to three raises in a year and more opportunities for promotions!

Thank you again, we wish you the very best!
Projects are fun and have great variety. Work alongside people from many different countries. Its both laid back but engaging. Every project has new people and new scenarios.
6 July 2020
We love hearing this, thank you! Thanks for all you do for Keywords and we hope you continue to enjoy your time here!
I didn't have great expectations but in time I got to love the place. Great teams, great atmosphere, good clients and a good job overall. I worked from home so I don't know how it works in the office
Pros
You learn a lot
6 July 2020
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us and we thank you for all you do for Keywords!
be careful guys, I did all tests they required and spent more than 3 hours, and they didn't even bother replaying to me!!!
i felt like they are collecting data from they lengthy tests so be careful here.

very disappointed, shame on them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
felt like a scam!
6 July 2020
We are sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience. We assure you there are no scams to worry about with Keywords. We'll share your experience with our local HR team as a learning experience for us.
they keep saying us we should never talk about the things we see in the office otherwise we might get sued by the customers and the keywords, imagine getting sued for thousands of dollars for minimum wage.Also they are hiring on-call employees and expecting people to be available 40 hours a week for minimum wage. they really need to hire permanent employees instead with better pay.
work environment wasn't that bad but employees are gossiping a lot. worst part is if they are talking about behind an employee's back and they act normal when that person is around. professionalism is kind of low in the company.
Pros
free fruits
Cons
unstable shifts
27 July 2020
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are sorry to hear you experienced issues with some colleagues. We strive to have a safe and comfortable work environment, and we urge employees to report any issue with our HR department.

Keywords employees receive more than minimum wage, even positions that require no previous industry experience. Salary increases quickly through our Level Up program, all Level 3 employees move to permanent positions and there is also training in place to encourage and help earn promotions to higher responsibility and higher paid positions.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We take all feedback to heart and as a learning experience for us all. We wish you the best!
Keywords was really nice experience for me!

While I was working I was on my 2nd year at university and being able to work part time with video games was like a dream come true. Well... not all games were that much fun, but it was still fun.

This job gave me a lot of experience be it with games or anything really IT related. I really hope that I will be able to come back after I get my Bachelor degree.
Pros
Flexible working days
Cons
Project related work
30 July 2020
This is great to hear, thank you for sharing your thoughts! We wish you the best and do hope to see you again in the future!.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Keywords Studios?
W biurze przede wszystkim pracują młode, pełne energii osoby mające okazje wykorzystania swoich umiejętności jako gracze z życia prywatnego w pracy, która bardzo nagradza spostrzegawczość i komunikacje w zespole. Projekty są bardzo różne, można mieć styczność z grami na wiele platform i z mniej lub bardziej popularnych gatunków co jest dużym plusem bo nie ma generalnie nudy. Atmosfera w dziale FQA jest bardzo luźna, nie ma dress-code'u ani sztywnego respektowania hierarchii (lead/senior zwraca się po koleżeńsku do testera/testerki). Dostępne są dwa chill roomy z konsolami, kawą, herbatą i owocami w normalnych warunkach (bez pandemii). Największym plusem jest możliwość wejścia do branży gier i testowania bez żadnych poprzednich umiejętności/doświadczenia, jedyne co jest wymagane to dobry język angielski.
Pros
Atmosfera, middle management, zarobki, poznanie gier od technicznej strony
Cons
Na najniższym stanowisku nie ma gwarancji stałej pracy na pełny etat, malo benefitow poza zarobkami
When I started working here it was my first office job, I was excited and scared at the same time at first but everyone was friendly towards me. The most important thing in this company is the social part, people are young so it's easy for me to find people I can relate to and management is pretty nice towards employees. Yes, the company had a rough start but with time people learnt from their mistakes and everything is going in good direction.
20 July 2020
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We are so proud of the hard work being done to make our studios the best they can be. Thanks for being here with us!
Fajna firma dająca duże możliwości rozwojowe w branży gamingowej. Odnajdą się tu i osoby zaczynające pracę w QA jak i te już doświadczone.
Pros
Wynagrodzenie wyższe niż w konkurencyjnych firmach, możliwości rozwoju, pakiet socjalny, przyjazna atmosfera
Cons
Brak
Unless you are part of their clique you will not move up. The turnover rate is astronomical. Documentation is okay, but most actual issues aren't documented and are just expected for you to know. Don't pay enough for the area. Metrics are ridiculously high expectations. Not allowed to help other teams when you're done your own work. It's a mess. Everyone that worked there when I did has left in the last year.
6 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It’s never great to see that an employee didn’t have a good experience during their time here and we do appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. We promote an inclusive culture here at Keywords, so we’re sorry if we fell short in this case.

Communication is a key pillar at Keywords, so I wish we could have discussed these issues when you were here. We encourage employees to take advantage of our open door policy to voice any concerns they may have.

We do wish you the best of luck!
Relaxed and mostly easy going job but immature work environment, as well as a pathetic reward and promotion system. Sometimes feels like blackmail that you may only be given shifts if you keep you availability completely open. The work is mostly easy going and if you are on a team with likable people then the job isn't the worst.
7 July 2020
Hello, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience at Keywords.

Even though some of our positions are on-call, about half of the employees at Keywords hold a permanent contract and approximately 75% are on long term projects. Employees can provide their availability and their schedules are made according this and to the client needs. We also pride ourselves on our Level Up program, which was implemented to offer employees professional growth and salary increase opportunities. This system can help staff achieve up to three raises in a year and more opportunities for promotions.

Thank you for your feedback and for your time at Keywords!
I very rarely post comments online, however in this case I need to. I don't disagree with the comments below, maybe we work in different projects however I knew what I was getting into. Been here for 3 months. All the information was given during recruitment and trainings. I was aware that the job is project-based. People are very helpful. Team leads are not the most experienced people in the world and they stumble from time to time, however they are doing what they can (especially in covid situation which was hard for everyone). Of course there is so much to work on - office still doesn't look outstanding and there is room for improvement. Managers still need to develop themselves. But there is so much good going on - studio is developing, people are getting better and there are internal promotions going on. I really enjoy working here and still be :)
20 July 2020
We do appreciate your feedback, thank you. We take all input to heart and we are doing our best to make our studios the best they can be. Lots of good things are happening in Katowice and we look forward to continuing the hard work for all of you!
The management works hard to make tester's life easier.
I loved working there as a tester.

Other testers are very welcoming and the office in Sunlife building is clean and nice. (Nordelec building is also really nice)
Pros
Free Fruits
Cons
unstable work hours for new testers.
7 July 2020
We strive to do the best for our employees and to give them the best experience, so we are thrilled that your experience at Keywords was so gratifying! Thank you for your feedback!
Whilst I did enjoy my time at Keywords, the longer I stayed the more I could see the split ends and cracks in the corners. The salary is disgracefully low, I was earning more behind a shop counter! Management is inefficient and poor at communicating with themselves and employees.
Pros
Nice people, interesting work if you like games
Cons
Poor pay, 0 benefits, unstable contract
15 June 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear of your concerns and will take them all to heart as we continue to do our best to improve our employees' experience. Thank you for your time with us. We wish you the best!
Did the interview process where you translate an article from a game.
The transition was fine, it was Risk-II but lost touch with the recruitment team and never got the job
Pros
Email communication
Cons
Communication isn't perfect
28 May 2020
We do appreciate your feedback, thank you. We wish you the best!
Working in Keywords Studios - Manila is like living in your own home.

You will feel the warmth welcome of your colleagues and bosses.

You can have your fun time bacause they have a game room.

Anything you are looking for is in Keywords
7 May 2020
Thank you! This is wonderful to hear, we love our team in Manila too! Thanks for the time you spent with us, we wish you the best!
besides having gamers around, team leaders and managers have no skills at all: no management style, no communication skills, no organisational skills, no honesty, no respect for employees and even for themselves: irony is like a daily basis. What a nursery. In addition to that, you'll always have someone's family around! brothers, sisters, girlfriends, boyfriends! All having extraordinary rights. A great family indeed:) I wonder how the heck they even cope, looking at this awful, disgraceful working conditions: dirty, old kitchens, no kitchen utensils, no mugs, no plates, stained, smelly, dirty floor covering, a huge pile of (looks like uninsured too?), unused IT equipment scattering around the office..... Recruitment? is this a joke? I've never seen a deal like that: girlfriend of the project manager works as a recruiter... not even a good one. No personal skills, no communication skills. Whatever you asked about, the response is always the same: blurry, secret and inconcise. Those who had known better places before, realized immediately how deep in the sh** they got, and had run away before it was too late. Rest of them? students who don't care, cuz they are there only for a second (if you are a friend of their friend friend, then your salary is skyrocketting, even if you have really no experience and no skills to be paid that much.......) members of the family who avoided laid-offs nicely and pretty much people who already have been looking for a job for some time. Promotions? what promotions? everything is set up from the day 1. This ship is going to sink very fast, better - more...
8 May 2020
Hello and thank you for your feedback. We use all reviews as an opportunity to learn and to focus on key areas. It is a top priority for management teams to create relationships with employees based on trust and respect. We continue to work on developing overall and on making the office a great place for new business and most importantly, our employees.
We are committed to a transparent internal recruitment process, advertising vacant internal positions and organizing interview processes, assessment and feedback sessions. As the studio continues to grow and develop, we are making sure that all aspects important to employee satisfaction are constantly monitored and improved. Thank you again for your feedback and we do wish you the best!