Let me start of with the good:
- You get to play video games
- With some luck your name will end up in the credits of a game
- You get to sleep in every day as even though you are expected to start working at 9:30, practically nobody does, even leads and Pm's come in late on a daily basis
- perfect if this is your 1st job in life
Now the bad:
- Very demotivating
- Unfair company culture
- Higher positions put the blame on the people below instead of taking responsibility for their own mistakes
- Bad pay, working at a local supermarket will earn you 2 euros per hour more.
- Unfair treatment of employees
- People in high places with (very) bad decision making skills
- They have policies and guidelines, but nobody really cares
- Working hard will be rewarded with: more work
- you WILL be underappreciated by everyone above you unless you just shut up and do what you are told regardless
- Little career opportunities:
You can progress to become team lead and then PM however, why would you? Pay will still be low and all the aforementioned cons will still apply.
- The company and its employees in decision making functions share 1 common practice:
Short term investment, with short term profits
- Flexible contracts, people are disposable
- People with no skill ending up in high places
- Even the people who are in charge of organizing events have no clue what they are doing; for example: previously a BBQ would be organised on-site after work hours, that was great! Free drinks as much as you'd like and no need for travel. What happens next is that the - more...