Keywords Studios

Keywords Studios Employee Reviews for Tester

Tester4 reviews
This place is great for getting experience and getting into the game industry, but there are way better opportunities and jobs out there that won't treat you like a number and actually value you. Get in, get some experience, get out.
Pros
It's a stepping stone.
Cons
Hours, contracts, lack of trust, management, sad company culture
Official response from Keywords Studios
29 August 2019
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy that your experience with Keywords Studios led you onto your desired career path in the games industry.

While new employees often begin to work on-call, we are pleased to say that an increasing number of projects are full-time, long term and we offer flexible scheduling according to employees requests.

Our Survey Focus Groups have been hard at work over the past months reviewing all Keywords employee feedback, updating and adding new initiatives for our employees to know that they are appreciated and heard. We are also proud to offer perks, such as quarterly studio-wide events, free fruits every day, and discounts with local businesses including gyms, gaming facilities and restaurants.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We wish you the best on your career path.
I very rarely post comments online, however in this case I need to. I don't disagree with the comments below, maybe we work in different projects however I knew what I was getting into. Been here for 3 months. All the information was given during recruitment and trainings. I was aware that the job is project-based. People are very helpful. Team leads are not the most experienced people in the world and they stumble from time to time, however they are doing what they can (especially in covid situation which was hard for everyone). Of course there is so much to work on - office still doesn't look outstanding and there is room for improvement. Managers still need to develop themselves. But there is so much good going on - studio is developing, people are getting better and there are internal promotions going on. I really enjoy working here and still be :)
Official response from Keywords Studios
20 July 2020
We do appreciate your feedback, thank you. We take all input to heart and we are doing our best to make our studios the best they can be. Lots of good things are happening in Katowice and we look forward to continuing the hard work for all of you!
Not a good place to work. Inconsistent hours, no guarantee of work. Minimum wage.. the other reviews have covered it. I did however appreciate the fruit provided (really, it makes a difference saving 30 cents a day when you are being paid so poorly)
Long period to be considered for an interview.
Not many stable projects (on call contracts).

Poor management of Leads (not very aged).

Favoritism.

Low commitment with quality with clients.

Last minute scheduling.
Pros
Working with videogames
Cons
No job stability, favoritism from Leads, management issues.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Keywords Studios?