Kids Inc. Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Practioner (Current Employee) –  Ranelagh, County Dublin22 November 2018
I have worked at kids inc for several years. Over my time in the company I have been encouraged, supported and given opportunities to progress by senior management.

Kids inc always puts a lot of emphasis on staff training, ratios, health and safety and overall the best interests of the child.
There is times when staff recruitment has been a struggle but this is due to the current staffing crisis in the early years sector not a reflection on the company.

The centre i work in has a friendly and warm atmosphere which is down to the recruitment of qualified, hard working and team oriantated staff.
Pros
Commitment to Training, adhere to child ratios, strive as a company to provide the best service possible
It depends on the centre and the manager
Childcare Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 November 2018
I've worked in different centres and different roles. I've met lots of staff, managers and kids.
In my experience Kids Inc is a nice place to work but it really depends on which centre you are, some of them have new staff every month and you can feel the lack of consistency the minute you get in.
Managers don't have enough time to train or induct all the staff they get because they are trying to cover the day to day basis of their centre with sometimes, a very tight number of staff.
The new staff are lost and impacts in the kids behavior and also puts the older staff members under pressure.
This is not just the Head Office's fault, it's the staff crisis that is going on through the country. Sometimes you feel like you are just a number and also feel the same for the kids.

Salary is what you would expect working in childcare in Ireland, it doesn't reflect the responsibility and the work you put in this job every day and it's the reason most people leave.

In my opinion, the directors should hire a bigger team for the head office and organize themselves first. Maybe they should concentrate more in delivering better quality, better communication and focus less in opening new centres and afterschools.
Pros
Love the staff and the kids
Cons
Lack of staff and organisation
Productive & positive work environment
Childcare Worker (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin20 November 2018
I worked for Kids Inc for 5 years and briefly left for personal reasons when i decided to go back into childcare because it is the career path for me. My first application was to Kids Inc. The staff are amazing to work with, supportive, kind and helpful. I was and still am blown away by how many opportunities we get to upskill our knowledge base. Management of all levels made me feel very welcome upon my return and now only a short time later it feels like I never left. A lot of people outside of Kids Inc thought it strange for me to return to the same company but I have worked in other creche's and businesses and no employer has given me the opportunities for growth & development, support and encouragement in the way Kid Inc does. It's an irreplaceable work environment!!!
Pros
Amazing staff & Opportunities
Awful place to work
Afterschools Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
Management in head office are terrible. They don't care about their staff at all. Money is terrible and every month there is a problem with the payslips! If there is a problem in a centre and you call head office, you will be told to sort it out yourself. Emergencies were not dealt with properly. They allowed a whole team to work without even one of us having first aid or even offered a first aid course. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the team I worked with and the amazing kids.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Head office, management, no training, bad salary
poor management
Afterschool (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2018
I worked there for a few months, never got any of the payments correct or on time. And I was not the only one. I had to chase the owner and HR team just to see my payslip, they would just randomly put some incorrect amounts of money on my account.
I got email from Hr about my working hours, and later I have been told that they won’t pay for all these hours, and why I was coming that early.
I’ve been called aggressive from Hr because I asked for my salary, that was just 3 weeks late.
Job is fine if you like to work with children.
Other than that I am sure you can find better place to work.
Pros
Cons
Not being paid on time.
was a nice place to work
relief worker (Former Employee) –  D16 September 2015
Kids inc are a lovely company. I met some lovely people, the children were great , i learned a lot, the management were brilliant they were very helpful and encouraging.
Pros
lovely staff and managment
Cons
not enough hours