Kiltipper Woods Care Centre

Kiltipper Woods Care Centre Employee Reviews

Decent Work Experience
A great place to learn as a trainee health care assistant. Staff are friendly and willing to help trainees learn and grow. Management are quite supportive. Covers many areas of health care within nursing homes so can offer different experience to learners.
Having worked in other nursing homes I can say that Kiltipper Woods is the by far the best. The work is challenging and rewarding and the staff and management are all so supportive. Everyone does what's best for the residents and they are well looked after. I would love to work here again if I had the opportunity when my children are older.
Overworked and Underpaid
I really enjoy the work that is done in Kiltipper. The residents care and happiness is of upmost importance to all staff. The residents are content, due to the amazing work of the carers, most nurses, catering staff and the activities staff.
However, there is low morale in the building due to staff shortages across the house. A large staff turnover has occurred in the last year due to people getting fed up with the work load not matching the pay. There is no pay scale, meaning management dictate on the wages people get, which isn't always fair. Promised in interview of consistent pay rises, of which don't occur. Many people spend months requesting pay rises, only to be offered 20 or 30 cent.

Staff sickness is a huge issue also due to people being incredibly over-worked. Many carers take on too much responsibility during shift, which over-time causes long term sick leave.

The place is micro-managed, and one particular director is not a nice person to work for. They are intimidating and rude. Many staff have left due to her way of speaking to them. No interpersonal skills whatsoever!

The place is a good stepping stone, but would not be the place for a career due to the lack of career progression.

If staff were treated a little better, the centre would be better ran and staff would stay. Majority of the staff love the place, but hate the working conditions.
Great Place to work!
Staff are lovely, management always try and help you out! Residents are well cared for and great team work among staff! It is a busy place to work but enjoyable at the same time.
Good hca's
Residences are looked after well only due to the carers and hand full of nurses, management are horrific so horrible brings a bad name to the place as i wouldnt recommend anyone works here due to them and they only have themselves to blame for that. Carers are great and so supportive and build great relationships with staff and residences.
Horrible Management
The care staff are incredible, residents are happy and well looked after which is why I stayed as long as I did but management particularly one of the directors is not a nice person to work for, staff were always leaving due to this, very intimidating and mean, I would hate going to work just because of her.
I was only there for a short time and in that space more than 15 staff members left.
Pros
Happy Residents
Cons
Favouritism
good nursing in terms of salary
the salary is good compared to other nursing home, good environment.. good management. no complains or what so ever about this nursing home.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiltipper Woods Care Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5