Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 4,031 reviews matching the search See all 4,032 reviews
Long term employee
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX17 January 2020
I have worked for the company for a long time. My role has some flexibility. Good benefits with several options to choose from. Overall great place to work.
The entire staff was friendly and helpful
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO17 January 2020
The work I did was PRN. However, I rarely got called in after hours. The doctors and nursing staff was always friendly and helpful. It was a wonderful part-time job until the hospital closed.
Management is challenging
Director of Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA17 January 2020
I would definitely weigh my options. Kindred is not a place to work that you would look for growing. Ensure you choose a career path that allows you to grow.
Relaxed setting to work in
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB15 January 2020
This was a very relaxed setting in clients homes. The clients were normally pretty good. The management was very good as well. The went you to a variety of clients which myself l liked it.
No job security
Home Health Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL14 January 2020
I worked for Home health department of kindred health care. The pay and benefits are decent comparing others. However, senior management doesn't care about clinicians. Not at all. I was laid over with severance package but got no notice for it. It came all of a sudden. It took a while before I could find a new job. It was extremely stressful.
It was hard work eveeyday
Staff RN/ Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO14 January 2020
If you can make sure your ready for hard work and have a strong work ethic, you will be fine it is a heavy lifting job, and not everybody listens all the time
Flexible
OT (Former Employee) –  Boone, NC14 January 2020
Would love to work for again I found I had a lot of support from the home office I also Ike’s getting paid weekly I enjoyed my co workers and my patients
family work balance is amazing
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC14 January 2020
I enjoy working for Kindred at Home. Recently the volume has decreased and limited my income however I really enjoy the benefits of working for them as a full time employee
Management was receptive along with providing a positive workplace
Material Handler/Asst Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 January 2020
Great managers along with great leadership. Pay is low for Downtown Seattle. Flexible hours with chosen days off, were a plus. Located next to all lines of public transportation along with an Orca card to use.
Excellent place to work for!
Part Time/On Call (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 1711014 January 2020
On a call out basis assist residents by driving them to various appointments etc. when requested. Firm was very safety conscious, always made sure vehicles were if top operating condition.
Awful Company Culture
District Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX14 January 2020
I really don't have much to say this company doesn't really care about employees its a so nasty and bottom line never valued employees. I wish I could stay but I cant
Kindred Healthcare provided a good source of income.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY13 January 2020
Kindred Healthcare provided a good source of income.I was laid off with no warning. The culture of the company definitely needs to be improved while considering those they affect.
Nice place to work but need better benefits and pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC13 January 2020
Nice place to work but need better benefits and pay. Hours are okay, but we need more patients. Work culture is okay. Most enjoyable part of job is meeting patients and families.
Very helpful to employees when needed
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA13 January 2020
This company and my manager were very helpful when I needed time off for being a caregiver to my partner. I could talk to them like they were my friends, yet still be my employers.
Have gained valuable experience
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY13 January 2020
working at Kindred as a Home care nurse i have gained valuable experience and the ability to assess the current situation and make decisions on the best course of action for the patient in the home setting.
Extremely Large Healthcare Company
LCSW Medical Social Worker / Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 January 2020
Overall, the company is fair. They are a large profitable health care company that places a strong emphasis on productivity. However, they provide a very flexiable work enviroment. My position allowed for a favorabel work life balance.
Poorly staffed
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC11 January 2020
Overall, poorly staffed making standards of care unachievable. Toxic poor moral makes work almost unbearable. I had to leave for my own sanity. Benefits average. Culture of care is that average/standard care is acceptable
12 January 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Mark M., Director, Kindred Healthcare

Worst company to work for EVER!!!
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA9 January 2020
I worked for the kindred located in Philadelphia in their patient accounting Dept. very unprofessional from management all the way down. Jealous, bitter women who are always mad about something. Unfriendly environment, don’t expect to be treated decently, lots of favoritism. I would not want even my worst enemy to work for that company. So happy i’m no longer there!
Pros
None!
Cons
Low pay, not appreciated, unprofessional and cold unfriendly environment!
11 January 2020

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Mark M., Director, Kindred Healthcare

Unsupported
Program Director/PTA (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE9 January 2020
Productivity is focus, unsupported by management. No matter how hard you work you are not seen as anything but a productiviy number. Reconfigured market with placement of 3 buildings under 1 director. No advancement.
13 January 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B.

Productive and Efficient place to work.
Charge Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY9 January 2020
I was a nurse on the subacute floor. The hardest part for me was having to leave because of my husband coming down on rapid orders to deploy and the fact we have two sets of toddler twins. I enjoyed working at Kindred Healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K