Kings Laundry Ltd

Kings Laundry Ltd Employee Reviews for Associate General Counsel

Associate General Counsel19 reviews
Ireland19 reviews
Meh alright and place to work to be honest
Bar the breaks there 2x15 min breaks that’s are non payed for . Work rate it okay because if you like a challenge it’s okay
If you’re desperate and I mean desperate go here. Otherwise avoid it like the plague cause the stress is scary and the management is poor cause they be acting like they don’t care about you. Also they give out a lot and may shout at you, it’s scaryyyyy
Pros
Not even lying there are none, also there is no microwave or kettle so you must suffer with your food
Cons
Rudeness, pecking order, too much pressure, minute breaks that are rushed, mad hours you need to be waking up at like 4am l, minimum wage, hot environment with no ventilation, target system which causes stress and if you don’t do something right they give out to you
repetitive job, fast and stressful
managment is bad

good for start but after that just run

people are ok but some of them are rude and shouting at people

but still good company untill you settle your papers
I got the job there in kingslaundry .In the interview I said I could only work days and no weekends,I ended up working evening until 2am and had to work most Saturdays.No extra pay for evenings or Saturday ,not even time and a half.push you to the limits and Don't care at all about there staff.I would not recommend working there.
Pros
@ 4day working week, when they are not asking you to do overtime
Cons
No extra instinctive for doing overtime.very little time for breaks, 2 15 minute breaks in 10 hours shift
Dirty and smelly place ! For minimum money you lose your maximum health !!! Very very bad smell INSIDE THE PLACE and low low lvl personal and staff ..Its more for slave job !
A rewarding environment - fast paced and the opportunity to learn new skills. Gained experience in working with heavy machinery. Strict time-management policies. Good for teamwork and involvement.
You operate machines with linen - repetitive and sometimes boring
people from many different nationalities work there

easy but may be hard - standing in one place for long hours (8 / 10)

15mins breaks unpaid

roster every thursday

work 4 or 5days a week, depends on the time of year

sunday is off
Pros
sunday off, free coffe milk tea, fixed roster
Cons
long working hours (10h on sat), unpaid breaks, sometimes boring
Worked here for 6 months. Brilliant starter job. Great management. Ice cream provided on very hot days. The only con was the grey haired lady at reception!!
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Tough work
Mainly activities:

Sorting linen .

Feeding linen into machinery .

Packing linen for customer etc .
This is the worst company ever... Really don't go there! They don't have respect to workers and don't treat people serious. They expect from you a lot of stuff but give you minimum salary...
Clothes store with excelent management. i worked there for 7 years and i really enjoyed. I would recommend everyone to try working overthere. A lot to learn.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Boring sometimes
ok for first time workers in Ireland, good for getting PPSN, bank acc and revenue but minimum wage and long hours. progress is fast but even with promotion, the wage is bad bad.
Pros
free tea, coffee
Cons
constant repairs during working
Sorting linen, feeding linen into machinery, packing linen for customer, receive goods at the loading/receiving dock, store received goods in the appropriate locations within the warehouse, Keep careful records of everything that comes in and goes out of the warehouse and lean the space and ensure that goods don’t get damaged
If you feel you can stand in the 1 spot for 11hrs feeding items thru machines then this is a job for you, if u suffer with back or leg pains stay away from the place cos it won't help. Owners come in and walk around and look at ya as if ur a piece of dirt on their shoes! The bell rings we all leave to clock out for our 15 min break ( not paid ) it rings again and we all head back to our machines
Pros
Cons
Very short unpaid breaks, 15 mins which u clock in/out for
It doesn't matter are you working on Saturday or Sunday or in evening shift up to 2 am. You still get 9.30. Polish managers always giving easiest jobs to polish people. If a polish person need help he gets it, anyone else doesn't. This was happening during the summer. Maybe something changed now, but I doubt it. Three 15min breaks, absolutely useless.
I'm worked in that place one week and must say have bad experiences.I ask for mask for face I did not get it. I was very upset when come to work and I saw the work that I did yesterday alone made 2 girls the slower the machine was moving. Mu hands were swollen and my legs ached after that day.
After 5 days work it turned out that i got off after 8 working days.Same payment on Sundays. No microwave
Pros
Free cofe /tea
Rang in sick one day explained why but they wanted me to go in even says in there policy but they don't go by there own rules. And very demanding to work for
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
General Operative in a industrial laundry services (line to restaurant, hotel, hospital, spa,
etc), working as part of team and individually with target, practical skills to operate

machinery and computer, good attention to detail, ability to count and measure printing

labels accurately, checking the items to keep the high quality standards.
We worked on three alternating shifts. The company operates 24 hours a day. I worked on all shifts. Generally we worked 10 hours per day. Each shift had approximately 150 employees of various nationalities, but in its most Poles. People are helped because we had targets to achieve. The work was hard and had to be done very quickly so we could deliver the products on time to our customers. It was a good and relevant experience. I am very grateful.
Pros
To learn and have new experiences and be rewarded for it
Cons
short time for lunch