KPMG Employee Reviews

Excellent growth and learning opportunities
provide financial management solutions for clients.
A typical day can involve mapping a number of different processes within the finance function, writing a report on these and offering process improvement ideas.
Underappreciated
It's not a bad place to work and having KPMG on my CV looks great, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The pay and benefits are surprisingly poor and the culture is stifling.
Great Company
A fantastic learning experience. A great place to work and learn under pressure. Great colleagues to learn from, work with and share valuable corporate and professional knowledge.
Highly motivating and learning Environment
As i worked in Agile project , my day used to start with stand up meetings with UAT team followed by Development team so as to mark up the daily progress on the system development.
I leaned to coordinate, plan and negotiation with development and stakeholders to bring efficiency in the process.
Kpmg Summer Internship
My internship lasted ten weeks and was in the personal insolvency department. The department was small so I got the opportunity to work closely with my supervisor and manager and it was a great environment for learning. My day-to-day responsibilities included corresponding with client creditors, meeting with clients, processing paperwork and drafting reports. Irecommend
Employees are expected to work 10 hours a day
Good experience, but lot can be improved. The higher management boss around to show their power. Deadlines are strict and unreasonable and if you cannot complete your task within these deadlines, you will be thrown under the bus.
Pros
Meet different people
Cons
Long Hours
Productive but slightly over baring place to work, still enjoyable.
Dealing in load sales for a bank so going through all bank systems and contracts. Alot to learn at the start but it does get easier. Deadlines are weeks in advance but pressure can be on due to getting access to certain needed information and rechecking to make sure all information is the most up to date and correct.
Quite workplace but all decent and helpful staff.

Management can be a little over baring as each case you deal with can be different size and complexity but it does all work out at the end.

In this position as we are off site we do not follow suit with main office KPMG and do not avail of everything that they do like finishing 3:30 on fridays during July and August and only some times on bank holidays even though we are contracked to on the bank holidays.
Hierarchy
Prepare for a hierarchical corporate culture.
It is difficult to find a work life balance if you are on client site. Make sure you ask your interviewer about overtime culture
Exciting, vibrant workplace
I spent a week in the Actuarial Department during my Transition Year Work Experience. I was Work shadowing various people, all were very accommodating and developed my interest in this area. They helped me to understand things I was unsure of and gave me meaningful tasks.
Pros
Good pay, interesting work, excellent location.
A learning environment
Extensive training programme to help you settle in at the start and throughout. Trained in various softwares and in Excel which was very helpful and useful.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Not a great working environment
Long days and not appreciated. Lots of negativity among the staff and not very approachable either. Even when you put in your hours and work hard no feedback is given.
Pros
Nice location to work in
Cons
Long days
Lovely people to work with great environment
Easy enough straight forward great company and great place to work for I really enjoyed my time there went trough everything I had to do so I’d get it done the right way
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not a bad place if you are a collge graduate
I enjoy the work at KPMG. But not the people. They do not treat their admin staff with respect. I feel they belive that admin staff can be very easily recruited so therefore almost disposable.
I have worked here for 12 years. Some of the people are very nice. But not once they are promoted to managers and higher levels.

They can be quite rude to deal with on a daily basis. They do not focus on the good for the most part.
Pros
good nights out
Cons
rude staff
Brilliant and insightful placement year
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with KPMG in Dublin and will be returned for a graduate programme in September 2018.
Worked alongside a team whom dealt with Aircraft leasing clients, tasks were challenging at the beginning, but soon felt confident to solely tackle different elements of the audits.
Fun workplace
KPMG gives me the opportunity to meet and work with people from several cultures and study backgrounds. I recommend to work in KPMG as it is one of the most interesting jobs to starting a career.
Pros
Learning curve
Cons
Long hours in the busy season.
Fun and productive work place
Very open work place, managers and directors very approachable, work varied and interesting, very social, employees ages average in early 20s so everyone works well in the team and can be friendly in and out of work.
Pros
Social aspect, opportunity to work in other departments
Productive and fun workplace
I learned a lot during my internship and was provided with on going training. The hardest part of the job was the workload and the most enjoyable part was the social aspect of the company.
Friendly Environment
I enjoyed my time working in teams with KPMG and made many great friends. I would recommend highly to anyone thinking of doing so. It is a very progressive company.
Pressured environment
Working with people my own age and in similar situations provided relief from what was overall a pressured and stressful environment.
Work-life balance or staff well-being is not a high priority in this company.

I was lucky to have some positive experiences with my own bosses but I was ill due to stress frequently.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long hours, bad management, stressful
For the short time i spent there everyone was very welcoming
I was there for a short time but work I partook in was very interesting and fulfilling. People in the office were very friendly and willing to help out. Would recommend to someone who is looking for a job within the accountancy industry.
Skills & Culture
This company adapts a very supportive culture that encourages innovation, progression and learning. I developed new communication and IT skills within this company that I can carry further in my career. I admire the hard-working culture they encourage, where time and effort is always rewarded and morale is high.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2K