KSG Catering

KSG Catering Employee Reviews

productive and good place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork17 January 2020
The work environment is very cordial and management style is quite professional. Competitive Salary and good work ethics. Management of staff productivity and activity is impressive.
Fun environment
Unit assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin18 December 2019
Great place to work for casual staff but could be better for career progression. Need more motivation, up skill, promotion etc. Willingness will help as there is a lot to learn.
Nice staff. Horrible Supervisirs
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 November 2019
Anyone with any say over the regular employee talked to them like an idiot if they didn't know something. Shouting, passive agresdive and sarcasm are common place
Bad experience
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Citywest, County Dublin13 November 2019
Minimum wage for 37.5 hours per week, but insufficient to complete all your duties (overtime that you’ll have to do to finish all the task assigned every day not paid of course).Mistreated and totally lack of empathy, they think only to exploit you most they can till you’ll leave. Not recommended absolutely.
Just Straight Up Bad
Barista - Head Barista (Former Employee) –  St Vincent's University Hospital9 November 2019
9 Month probationary period which I failed in the 9th month, after getting a "promotion" with no increase in wages, no increase in contract hours, no benefits. Very rigid, no support from management. No soul. A decent launch pad if you want to get back into the service sector but as soon as you start questioning things or not destroying yourself to meet their standards they'll discard you because there is a massive work force out there for them to continue to exploit.
Bed experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SVUH Dublin9 July 2019
Compny is good

Only think is you will find all Brazilian group who always talk their on language so bec of this they will always busy with fun laughs so you hv to do all thing your on but whn manegar n supervision came they strt showing they working actually I find supervisor also they don't care
Pros
Free luch n dress
Cons
Break unpaid
safe work, training, friendly
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merrion, County Dublin15 May 2019
the company give training for all.
my agency location is inside the hospital, a very safe place.
have time to work flexibly.
friendly to staffers part-time.
I worked for KSG modern one year as chef .
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2019
I worked for KSG modern one year as chef .low rate payment, no chance to progress, staff change every week , new people without experience, worst company ever I work
Stay away
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Cork6 March 2019
Worked in ucc as a chef, terrible conditions, paid for 37.5 hrs per week ended up doing on average 65 no pay for overtime, kitchen management very poor, no breaks, poor pay. The worst of all the contract cater companies.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay and management
Stay way from this company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin/ Westmeath.23 February 2019
Very bad company to work for,Management & head office have no respect for good worker's, I would advise anyone to stay away from this company, When you go for a interview they will promise you everything & be nice to you... But they are false & not trustworthy in anyway.BE SAFE STAY AWAY.
Pros
Free lunch. Wouldn't eat there.
Cons
Good hr ( but not worth it)
Do not work for KSG
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sandyford, County Dublin10 February 2019
I worked at KSG at Microsoft. I highly do not recommend KSG for 1 year, and about 100 new employees, no one stays there for more than a few months and it happens that after a few days people leave work. Now, 80% of employees do not speak English it is very difficult to work every few days with new people. managers do not see the problem in that they only say to train a new person. Even though there are free meals in the contract, there will be nothing left for the employees. I worked there and around the year if you are not desperate to avoid this company from far away. Overtime worked out I never got money for overtime money. I honestly do not recommend
Terrible company to work for. Avoid.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 November 2018
Management do not care about staff.
You're just another number.
Staff turn over is something else
Staff are totally under appreciated.
Don't work for this company.

Avoid.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything else.
Don't do this to yourself
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork22 October 2018
Management is just horrible, they continually complain, control employees, find a problem in everything and insult employees for various kind of things. You will not be respected in this job. They mostly employ foreigners and yet dare to criticise their poor English..
Staff continually changes and absolutely no one cares about anything. For a job which pays the minimum it is not worth it, seriously.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Awful company dont degrade yourself by working here
Slave (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
Awful company to work for. Avoid at all cost. You are just a number just like in prison. The staff turn over is so high that even new people don't last a week.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Felt very depressed while working for KSG
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  UCD18 September 2018
Really beats your soul down. Management were rude, customers were always horrible - UCD students and staff, snobbish and just mean at times. There is a solidarity between floor staff (Catering Assistants) however, a kind of unified suffering. At the end of the day, you get your pay and you get out. I have to say I am grateful for the experience and training I got here, so I guess, thanks!
Terrible do not even try
Top management (Former Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin10 July 2018
As a top manager I can only tell you to stay away at all cost. Never again! People come and go and other top managers don't care. High level managers and supervisors left at the same time. No one tried to make us stay! First time in my life GM does not care her key people leave and why!
Pros
Free lunch, good working hours
Cons
No respect, GM does not care about your working conditions and who does the job
terrible place
Batista (Former Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin12 June 2018
terrible place I worked there for 5 years. I do not recommend this place.everyone eats everything and takes everything nobody cares about anything. Terrible
Don't work for this company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 May 2018
Horible management , low pay, they dont care about staff only money , no chance to get pay rise even after many years of work , there is better companies to work for ,avoid KSG!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many !
Productive and fun workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cork17 March 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with were friendly and lively collective.day in at work was always typical but in good way and i learned all of things
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun, but busy workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Cork3 March 2018
I really enjoyed working with KSG. My unit was the Coffee Dock, which sold Starbucks products. I learned how to make coffees to perfection and I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I also got to experience other units if they needed help, which was nice because I built up my experience while meeting other KSG staff.
Pros
Free lunches