KSG Catering

KSG Catering Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin18 reviews
There is a culture of zero accountability, a lack of leadership, and other serious issues within the working environment.

While the benefits and salary are favourable, these benefits and salary are only favourable in the immediate term but not in the long term.
Working at KSG was an okay experience. I had a great Manager, some lovely co-workers and some other not as lovely co-workers. Teamwork was not good sometimes due to some individuals. The company itself is okay, but the management could have been done better sometimes.
Responsible for opening and running a busy coffee dock at the UCD College. My responsibilities include managing and ordering stock, adhering to all relevant health and safety laws. (HACCP trained)
Preparation of coffee and pastries for the customers all the while offering excellent customer service. I am also responsible for opening/closing tills in the coffee dock and adjoining restaurant.
If you ask me I would avoid this place cause management just treat people like numbers. Most are foreigners like me, but at least half of them speak really bad language so when you are teaching them their future job they don't know what are you talking about. It's not their fault only the management who lies and deceive you.
They would give you this idea how they see you in future but they don't go thru with execution cause they are extremely untrustworthy and manipulators , if you are smart you can see thru them but they are so in the clouds that they don't even notice how noticeable you are.

If you want to learn and don't know much about hospitality then its actually okay place to start.
Anyone with any say over the regular employee talked to them like an idiot if they didn't know something. Shouting, passive agresdive and sarcasm are common place
Very negative experience working here. Misdirection and degrading attitude from the management: behind the veneer of the initial corporate pleasantries, it is clear they don't care about the catering staff. A heartless machine of a company.

Job was suspiciously easy to get, and it soon becomes obvious why. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Compny is good

Only think is you will find all Brazilian group who always talk their on language so bec of this they will always busy with fun laughs so you hv to do all thing your on but whn manegar n supervision came they strt showing they working actually I find supervisor also they don't care
Pros
Free luch n dress
Cons
Break unpaid
I worked for KSG modern one year as chef .low rate payment, no chance to progress, staff change every week , new people without experience, worst company ever I work
Very bad company to work for,Management & head office have no respect for good worker's, I would advise anyone to stay away from this company, When you go for a interview they will promise you everything & be nice to you... But they are false & not trustworthy in anyway.BE SAFE STAY AWAY.
Pros
Free lunch. Wouldn't eat there.
Cons
Good hr ( but not worth it)
Management do not care about staff.
You're just another number.

Staff turn over is something else

Staff are totally under appreciated.

Don't work for this company.

Avoid.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything else.
Awful company to work for. Avoid at all cost. You are just a number just like in prison. The staff turn over is so high that even new people don't last a week.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Horible management , low pay, they dont care about staff only money , no chance to get pay rise even after many years of work , there is better companies to work for ,avoid KSG!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many !
Working on KSG is quite fun and we can learn a lot for our customers and colleagues from all over the world. I've learned a lot form them how to work together as a team and to better serve the customers. The management is quite distant and we usually work on our own, so this is the workplace culture. There are many waste and lack of programming that results in rework and longest shifts. As enjoyable part of the job I can say that work environment is very good with the staff and customers.
Pros
Staff Members
Cons
I have a great oportunity in KSG to learn all I know about catering as I had chance to learn everything from mt manager.
I learned how to manage staff, problems etc.

It's a great company to work
No support from managers or supervisor and the attitude towards staff is awful. There are no chances of progression and no such thing as on going training.
Everything revolves around money. Favoritism and attitude towards staff and no cooperation. No one is happy working for this company and management don't care as they know they will get new staff. A lot of people leave after a year tops.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Exploitation, You have to ask for your holiday pay and overtime.
Dealing with customers and students in very busy coffee shop,
handling the pressure, working in team. Lot of different nationalities, different languages, and personalities
Don't work here
It's all about money doing 9 days in a row they don't care about staff it is all money most staff leave afterm a year. No one is happy working for this company and management don't care as they know they will get new staff. Also you don't get paid for the hours you work and have to fight for what you are owed week in and week out
Not a nice place to work at all. There's no support from managers or supervisor and the overall attitude towards staff is disgraceful. There are no chances of progression and no such thing as on going training.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
favoritism and attitude towards staff