KSG Catering

KSG Catering Employee Reviews for Catering Assistant

Catering Assistant20 reviews
Ireland20 reviews
Very negative experience working here. Misdirection and degrading attitude from the management: behind the veneer of the initial corporate pleasantries, it is clear they don't care about the catering staff. A heartless machine of a company.

Job was suspiciously easy to get, and it soon becomes obvious why. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Working at KSG was an okay experience. I had a great Manager, some lovely co-workers and some other not as lovely co-workers. Teamwork was not good sometimes due to some individuals. The company itself is okay, but the management could have been done better sometimes.
Responsible for opening and running a busy coffee dock at the UCD College. My responsibilities include managing and ordering stock, adhering to all relevant health and safety laws. (HACCP trained)
Preparation of coffee and pastries for the customers all the while offering excellent customer service. I am also responsible for opening/closing tills in the coffee dock and adjoining restaurant.
Anyone with any say over the regular employee talked to them like an idiot if they didn't know something. Shouting, passive agresdive and sarcasm are common place
Minimum wage for 37.5 hours per week, but insufficient to complete all your duties (overtime that you’ll have to do to finish all the task assigned every day not paid of course).Mistreated and totally lack of empathy, they think only to exploit you most they can till you’ll leave. Not recommended absolutely.
the company give training for all.
my agency location is inside the hospital, a very safe place.

have time to work flexibly.

friendly to staffers part-time.
Very bad company to work for,Management & head office have no respect for good worker's, I would advise anyone to stay away from this company, When you go for a interview they will promise you everything & be nice to you... But they are false & not trustworthy in anyway.BE SAFE STAY AWAY.
Pros
Free lunch. Wouldn't eat there.
Cons
Good hr ( but not worth it)
Management do not care about staff.
You're just another number.

Staff turn over is something else

Staff are totally under appreciated.

Don't work for this company.

Avoid.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything else.
Management is just horrible, they continually complain, control employees, find a problem in everything and insult employees for various kind of things. You will not be respected in this job. They mostly employ foreigners and yet dare to criticise their poor English..
Staff continually changes and absolutely no one cares about anything. For a job which pays the minimum it is not worth it, seriously.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Really beats your soul down. Management were rude, customers were always horrible - UCD students and staff, snobbish and just mean at times. There is a solidarity between floor staff (Catering Assistants) however, a kind of unified suffering. At the end of the day, you get your pay and you get out. I have to say I am grateful for the experience and training I got here, so I guess, thanks!
Horible management , low pay, they dont care about staff only money , no chance to get pay rise even after many years of work , there is better companies to work for ,avoid KSG!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many !
Working on KSG is quite fun and we can learn a lot for our customers and colleagues from all over the world. I've learned a lot form them how to work together as a team and to better serve the customers. The management is quite distant and we usually work on our own, so this is the workplace culture. There are many waste and lack of programming that results in rework and longest shifts. As enjoyable part of the job I can say that work environment is very good with the staff and customers.
Pros
Staff Members
Cons
Worst place to work. Management not helpfull. Uniforms are worn and had to pay for it after quit even that i didnt keep it. Kitchen appliances broken. Have to mind your hours because they are trying not to pay for all hours. Latency in paying salary. AVOID!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else
Lack of loyalty, operate a use and throw staff away policy. Terrible money and very little promotion opportunities available. Would suggest looking elsewhere.
Cons
Long hours, salary that doesn't reflect hours worked
Was working there as a catering assistant. Ice machine, fridges are not working for a long time amd they have no plan to fix it. They cut staff hours and then they do investigation on the staff because the costumers leaving bad feedback on facebook that the tables are dirty,fridge and display not perfect, long waiting time in the Q etc...
No staff is happy there ,and they are not a loud to be happy and enjoy work, managers and supervisors threat staff like children. Managers dont appreciate staff as they know they can get new staff anytime,sometimes staff with very little english...staff overturn is very high. Rooster is all over, no pattern. Not a nice company to work for, they pay minimum but expect maximum from you! No support from management, very little chance for promotion, experience doesnt matter, only the friendship with the mamagement... No overtime rate
Pros
Fee lunch and transport
Cons
Bad working atmosphere, no help from management, salary is very bad
Typical work day was from 7-3.
Learned how to deal with machinery.

The manage was down to earth.

Dealing with long hours of focus.

The communication with the staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
No support from managers or supervisor and the attitude towards staff is awful. There are no chances of progression and no such thing as on going training.
Everything revolves around money. Favoritism and attitude towards staff and no cooperation. No one is happy working for this company and management don't care as they know they will get new staff. A lot of people leave after a year tops.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Exploitation, You have to ask for your holiday pay and overtime.
I work in the kitchen for wash kitchen stuff and I work to improve and practice my english. It was a good experience to me.

I wash dish in the breakfast and luch.

I work full-time.
Not a nice place to work at all. There's no support from managers or supervisor and the overall attitude towards staff is disgraceful. There are no chances of progression and no such thing as on going training.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
favoritism and attitude towards staff
No support from the management and supervisors.
All is about the numbers, Everything revolves around money. There is no cooperation only competition.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
no chances for development, favoritism.