KSG Catering

KSG Catering Management reviews

There is a culture of zero accountability, a lack of leadership, and other serious issues within the working environment. While the benefits and salary are favourable, these benefits and salary are only favourable in the immediate term but not in the long term.
I worked in UCC, Management terrible, bullying for little things.Stay away from this company its not worth it.They only pay a certain amount of hours no matter how long you are there.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Dont know if you will receive your pay.
Horrible place to work for. Very unappreciative of staff members no recognition or rewards when you go the extra mile and come in extra hours or days and are flexible but severe punishment and grief when unable to do so. All other staff members are nice and supportive and work well as a team. just management extremely rude uncooperative and expectations completely unreasonable. Not easy to deal with for any issues you may have. All members are expendable. Minimum wage, no benefits.Subsidized food like any other food service industry
Pros
subsidized food like any other food service industry.
Cons
poor management
Working at KSG was an okay experience. I had a great Manager, some lovely co-workers and some other not as lovely co-workers. Teamwork was not good sometimes due to some individuals. The company itself is okay, but the management could have been done better sometimes.
If you ask me I would avoid this place cause management just treat people like numbers. Most are foreigners like me, but at least half of them speak really bad language so when you are teaching them their future job they don't know what are you talking about. It's not their fault only the management who lies and deceive you. They would give you this idea how they see you in future but they don't go thru with execution cause they are extremely untrustworthy and manipulators , if you are smart you can see thru them but they are so in the clouds that they don't even notice how noticeable you are. If you want to learn and don't know much about hospitality then its actually okay place to start.
Management do not care about staff.treat you like a number. ( Unfortunately still people out there want to be a part of this.) Supervisor/ manager all unprepared. Instead to make the work flow they do the opposite. Equipamets all of poor quality. ( I worked with a coffee machine that broke every week. A joke place! p
The only thing true about the company is subsidized meals. Management does not concern itself with the wellbeing of employees. Supervisors are not trained for the job, there’s no room for progression and the hours are very long. I found myself working alone with no support when I asked. Very poor communication and doesn’t follow health and safety regulations, including food safety.
The work environment is very cordial and management style is quite professional. Competitive Salary and good work ethics. Management of staff productivity and activity is impressive.
Anyone with any say over the regular employee talked to them like an idiot if they didn't know something. Shouting, passive agresdive and sarcasm are common place
Minimum wage for 37.5 hours per week, but insufficient to complete all your duties (overtime that you’ll have to do to finish all the task assigned every day not paid of course).Mistreated and totally lack of empathy, they think only to exploit you most they can till you’ll leave. Not recommended absolutely.
9 Month probationary period which I failed in the 9th month, after getting a "promotion" with no increase in wages, no increase in contract hours, no benefits. Very rigid, no support from management. No soul. A decent launch pad if you want to get back into the service sector but as soon as you start questioning things or not destroying yourself to meet their standards they'll discard you because there is a massive work force out there for them to continue to exploit.
Very negative experience working here. Misdirection and degrading attitude from the management: behind the veneer of the initial corporate pleasantries, it is clear they don't care about the catering staff. A heartless machine of a company. Job was suspiciously easy to get, and it soon becomes obvious why. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Worked in ucc as a chef, terrible conditions, paid for 37.5 hrs per week ended up doing on average 65 no pay for overtime, kitchen management very poor, no breaks, poor pay. The worst of all the contract cater companies.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay and management
Very bad company to work for,Management & head office have no respect for good worker's, I would advise anyone to stay away from this company, When you go for a interview they will promise you everything & be nice to you... But they are false & not trustworthy in anyway.BE SAFE STAY AWAY.
Pros
Free lunch. Wouldn't eat there.
Cons
Good hr ( but not worth it)
I worked at KSG at Microsoft. I highly do not recommend KSG for 1 year, and about 100 new employees, no one stays there for more than a few months and it happens that after a few days people leave work. Now, 80% of employees do not speak English it is very difficult to work every few days with new people. managers do not see the problem in that they only say to train a new person. Even though there are free meals in the contract, there will be nothing left for the employees. I worked there and around the year if you are not desperate to avoid this company from far away. Overtime worked out I never got money for overtime money. I honestly do not recommend
Management do not care about staff. You're just another number. Staff turn over is something else Staff are totally under appreciated. Don't work for this company. Avoid.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything else.
Management is just horrible, they continually complain, control employees, find a problem in everything and insult employees for various kind of things. You will not be respected in this job. They mostly employ foreigners and yet dare to criticise their poor English.. Staff continually changes and absolutely no one cares about anything. For a job which pays the minimum it is not worth it, seriously.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Awful company to work for. Avoid at all cost. You are just a number just like in prison. The staff turn over is so high that even new people don't last a week.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Really beats your soul down. Management were rude, customers were always horrible - UCD students and staff, snobbish and just mean at times. There is a solidarity between floor staff (Catering Assistants) however, a kind of unified suffering. At the end of the day, you get your pay and you get out. I have to say I am grateful for the experience and training I got here, so I guess, thanks!
As a top manager I can only tell you to stay away at all cost. Never again! People come and go and other top managers don't care. High level managers and supervisors left at the same time. No one tried to make us stay! First time in my life GM does not care her key people leave and why!
Pros
Free lunch, good working hours
Cons
No respect, GM does not care about your working conditions and who does the job
terrible place I worked there for 5 years. I do not recommend this place.everyone eats everything and takes everything nobody cares about anything. Terrible