KSG Catering

KSG Catering Employee Reviews

Ireland42 reviews
Good place to work, but it is led by poor management.
There is a culture of zero accountability, a lack of leadership, and other serious issues within the working environment.

While the benefits and salary are favourable, these benefits and salary are only favourable in the immediate term but not in the long term.
Felt very depressed while working for KSG
Really beats your soul down. Management were rude, customers were always horrible - UCD students and staff, snobbish and just mean at times. There is a solidarity between floor staff (Catering Assistants) however, a kind of unified suffering. At the end of the day, you get your pay and you get out. I have to say I am grateful for the experience and training I got here, so I guess, thanks!
Terrible do not even try
As a top manager I can only tell you to stay away at all cost. Never again! People come and go and other top managers don't care. High level managers and supervisors left at the same time. No one tried to make us stay! First time in my life GM does not care her key people leave and why!
Pros
Free lunch, good working hours
Cons
No respect, GM does not care about your working conditions and who does the job
terrible place
terrible place I worked there for 5 years. I do not recommend this place.everyone eats everything and takes everything nobody cares about anything. Terrible
Don't work for this company
Horible management , low pay, they dont care about staff only money , no chance to get pay rise even after many years of work , there is better companies to work for ,avoid KSG!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many !
Productive and fun workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with were friendly and lively collective.day in at work was always typical but in good way and i learned all of things
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun, but busy workplace
I really enjoyed working with KSG. My unit was the Coffee Dock, which sold Starbucks products. I learned how to make coffees to perfection and I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I also got to experience other units if they needed help, which was nice because I built up my experience while meeting other KSG staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive Workplace
Working on KSG is quite fun and we can learn a lot for our customers and colleagues from all over the world. I've learned a lot form them how to work together as a team and to better serve the customers. The management is quite distant and we usually work on our own, so this is the workplace culture. There are many waste and lack of programming that results in rework and longest shifts. As enjoyable part of the job I can say that work environment is very good with the staff and customers.
Pros
Staff Members
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KSG Catering?
Horrible workplace
Worst place to work. Management not helpfull. Uniforms are worn and had to pay for it after quit even that i didnt keep it. Kitchen appliances broken. Have to mind your hours because they are trying not to pay for all hours. Latency in paying salary. AVOID!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else
Lack of loyalty
Lack of loyalty, operate a use and throw staff away policy. Terrible money and very little promotion opportunities available. Would suggest looking elsewhere.
Cons
Long hours, salary that doesn't reflect hours worked
The worst job ever
Not a nice place to work at all. There's no support from managers or supervisor and the overall attitude towards staff is disgraceful. There are no chances of progression and no such thing as on going training.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
Managers doesnt respect staff
Was working there as a catering assistant. Ice machine, fridges are not working for a long time amd they have no plan to fix it. They cut staff hours and then they do investigation on the staff because the costumers leaving bad feedback on facebook that the tables are dirty,fridge and display not perfect, long waiting time in the Q etc...
No staff is happy there ,and they are not a loud to be happy and enjoy work, managers and supervisors threat staff like children. Managers dont appreciate staff as they know they can get new staff anytime,sometimes staff with very little english...staff overturn is very high. Rooster is all over, no pattern. Not a nice company to work for, they pay minimum but expect maximum from you! No support from management, very little chance for promotion, experience doesnt matter, only the friendship with the mamagement... No overtime rate
Pros
Fee lunch and transport
Cons
Bad working atmosphere, no help from management, salary is very bad
good
Typical work day was from 7-3.
Learned how to deal with machinery.

The manage was down to earth.

Dealing with long hours of focus.

The communication with the staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
I have a great oportunity in KSG to learn all I know about catering as I had chance to learn everything from mt manager.
I learned how to manage staff, problems etc.

It's a great company to work
Great place to work with varility of tasks
Great place to work, very busy and a lot of multitasking and prioritising jobs for both onsite and remote clients.
The hardest part of the job would be the commute.
Pros
People
Cons
Commute
The worst
No support from managers or supervisor and the attitude towards staff is awful. There are no chances of progression and no such thing as on going training.
Everything revolves around money. Favoritism and attitude towards staff and no cooperation. No one is happy working for this company and management don't care as they know they will get new staff. A lot of people leave after a year tops.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Exploitation, You have to ask for your holiday pay and overtime.
Busy environment
Dealing with customers and students in very busy coffee shop,
handling the pressure, working in team. Lot of different nationalities, different languages, and personalities
My Experience
I work in the kitchen for wash kitchen stuff and I work to improve and practice my english. It was a good experience to me.

I wash dish in the breakfast and luch.

I work full-time.
Really nice course I gained a lot of skills
Really nice course I gained a lot of skills, I met a lot of really nice people in the training centre and on the the two days I was out working in kitchen.
Don't work here
Don't work here
It's all about money doing 9 days in a row they don't care about staff it is all money most staff leave afterm a year. No one is happy working for this company and management don't care as they know they will get new staff. Also you don't get paid for the hours you work and have to fight for what you are owed week in and week out
No respect towards staff
Pros
free lunches
Cons
favoritism and attitude towards staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KSG Catering. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1