Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews

Happy to work there, but I feel not secure to work there without contract, There is no definate agreement between the employer and the employee about the time you should work there before the permanent contract
Horrible working culture, manager is indecisive- don't have a managerial strength to handle such a big and growing account. Team of people in the office is basically like being back to high school. While in the office, other nationals are speaking in their own language which contributes to hostile environment, and is completely unacceptable in any other company. They keep staff on endless temporary contract for agency, so basically you are working the same workload as your colleagues on contract just for 10k less! Do yourself a favour and take any other job, lots of talk about teamwork and great place to work but this is far from any thriving or pleasant place to work.
Pros
Cons
Horrible work culture, HR not doing their job
I will say the company is multi culture diversity company with a hard working people
Pros
Very good
Cons
Don't understand
Unit 5 Horizon Logistics Park. No different to any other logistics/storage company. Warehouse is the least important section. Staff are all agency..constantly changing, no continuity and no team atmosphere. Pay is poor for all the training and attention to detail expected(they basically want perfection for €11 per .hour. days off are different every week with one weekend day and one week day.
I work in this company for about 3 years in a warehouse. This is a good place for conscientious and systematic people who are available to handle different types of forklifts. Full-time hours and neat and well-equipped canteens. Possibility of long-term cooperation for employees who carry out their duties.
Place is like a revolving door for staff coming and going. Nothing was ever good enough for them. They provide little to no training, overload you with work and responsibility. Be expected to stay late all the time because they take on too much work but havent got the staff to cope with it because everyone keeps leaving. They buy all their votes for the great place to work awards but creating an impression to the new employees that is genuinely a nice place to work, it will later be revealed to be most toxic and ruthlessly run company in the industry. The salary was good but not worth it at all.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
The place is nice, employees are even nicer and very friendly. The training the company provided to the students was very good. Break time was very reasonable based on the company's location
Not the best place to work was here through agency and while they did train me pretty well I was training new staff who were being payed more than me
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Poor Salary, poor treatment of staff
There is a divide between the directors, senior management and then the day to day operations team. Hence the extremely high turnover of staff from the main operations team on a monthly basis. I would not recommend this as a place to work. I had been advised not to take the role by previous employee's......I am now learning.
Pros
Bad directors
Cons
Very long hours
I have learned how to work in a busy fast paced environment, how to be multitask and problem solving. Handling with clients, hauliers and shipping liners widen up your array of contacts and the satisfaction of solving their issues was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
I have learned a lot
Cons
good company with great work ethic and identification
Simply an excellent employer, Kuehne + Nagel ireland provide real career challenge and a dynamic environment. My colleagues are without doubt the most talented cohort in all of logistics in Ireland. It's an innovative customer centric organisation and I'm proud to be in the team.
Pros
Career development, Learning & Development opportunities, Great Colleagues
Cons
Tight for space in head office
great place to work, work hard lot of overtime a typical day in work is meeting in the morning and then load trucks for the rest of the day half hour break and then clean up the warehouse near the end of the day.
Pros
being happy
Cons
hard work
Kuehne & Nagel might be a Great Place To Work however once in is it totally depends on which division / branch & boss you have. Whilst this is true of any company to an extent there is no consistent company culture at play here whatsoever.
A challenging/demanding experience as an internship. A good experience for any graduate looking for experience in the shipping industry. However training provided to interns could be improved somewhat.
Pros
working with different types of people on a daily basis.
Cons
Location, distance travelled
A typical day here is usually busy. To many tasks landed onto one person which mostly requires two men to do but one is expected to lift heavy material and to do the job of two men. Management use a bully style tactics in getting everyday tasks/jobs when unnecessary especially when asked to do over time you can not refuse even if you have completed more than your weekly hours. Money is beyond a joke for the work i do also for my colleges. Co-workers are very friendly and good to work with if it was not for my co-workers i wouldn't stick this job because we all help each other out and if one is out it has an effect on our daily tasks and targets.
Pros
learning new processes
Cons
long hours/short breaks/management/weekends
A typical day at work starts with you blessing yourself in the morning so you might be a bit more ready for the hurricane that will no doubt hit you as it does everyday.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Long hours, very short breaks, management
There is a great working atmosphere, very good work life balance, good management leadership team and good career opportunies
i would describe a typical day at work as busy, i learned a lot of things working there especially how to keep a working environment safe and clean. the management is well coordinated they would explain everything down to the last details. there is a very healthy relationship between worker which to me is very important. the hardest part was the physical side of it which includes lifting of boxes but i didn't really mind as i'm used to things like that. the most enjoyable part was having lunch together with boys.
This company only employs temp people and will not give the chance to employ full time
a good work environment where deadlines are always well executed.my co-workers had excellent communication skills which is important when finishing tasks.i learned how to work as a team to meet deadlines which i enjoyed as part of my job.a typical day at work was staging in-bound stock and putting them through the system.out-bound stock had to to be checked and counted.loading and un-loading stock from lorries with power pallet trucks.management were excellent and they always communicated well with employees.
Pros
canteen facilities excellent