Kuehne + Nagel
Information from Kuehne + Nagel:

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork8 reviews
Good to work for K+N
Happy to work there, but I feel not secure to work there without contract,
There is no definate agreement between the employer and the employee about the time you should work there before the permanent contract
Gen Op
Not the best place to work

was here through agency and while they did train me pretty well

I was training new staff who were being payed more than me
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Poor Salary, poor treatment of staff
Stepping stone
Kuehne & Nagel might be a Great Place To Work however once in is it totally depends on which division / branch & boss you have. Whilst this is true of any company to an extent there is no consistent company culture at play here whatsoever.
Interesting/challenging/educational/disgusting place to work
A typical day here is usually busy. To many tasks landed onto one person which mostly requires two men to do but one is expected to lift heavy material and to do the job of two men. Management use a bully style tactics in getting everyday tasks/jobs when unnecessary especially when asked to do over time you can not refuse even if you have completed more than your weekly hours. Money is beyond a joke for the work i do also for my colleges. Co-workers are very friendly and good to work with if it was not for my co-workers i wouldn't stick this job because we all help each other out and if one is out it has an effect on our daily tasks and targets.
Pros
learning new processes
Cons
long hours/short breaks/management/weekends
Very hard working place, expect a lot from everyone all the time
A typical day at work starts with you blessing yourself in the morning so you might be a bit more ready for the hurricane that will no doubt hit you as it does everyday.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Long hours, very short breaks, management
enjoyable place to work
i would describe a typical day at work as busy, i learned a lot of things working there especially how to keep a working environment safe and clean. the management is well coordinated they would explain everything down to the last details. there is a very healthy relationship between worker which to me is very important.
the hardest part was the physical side of it which includes lifting of boxes but i didn't really mind as i'm used to things like that. the most enjoyable part was having lunch together with boys.
No prospects
This company only employs temp people and will not give the chance to employ full time
everybody works as a team
a good work environment where deadlines are always well executed.my co-workers had excellent communication skills which is important when finishing tasks.i learned how to work as a team to meet deadlines which i enjoyed as part of my job.a typical day at work was staging in-bound stock and putting them through the system.out-bound stock had to to be checked and counted.loading and un-loading stock from lorries with power pallet trucks.management were excellent and they always communicated well with employees.
Pros
canteen facilities excellent
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuehne + Nagel?