Ladbrokes Coral Group Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,912 reviews
Best company i ever worked for.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 June 2019
I was there for 7 years and loved every minute. I had to leave due to personal circumstances and I regret it to this day. I worked in the Dublin head office and the management there are A1. Once you work hard and commit to the business they will go above and beyond for you. I can't rate them any higher than 10 out of 10. Thanks Ladbrokes for the best 7 years of my work life yet. Miss u all and wish you the very best for the future. X x
Pros
Work life balance
Regular bookies
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Cork2 July 2018
It provided for stable employment. Reasonable pay and hours. Did not provide much opportunity for career advancement, which prompted me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
No room for growth
Enjoyable work enviorment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Galway Ireland8 January 2018
Had a keen interest in various sports so easily settled into job. A typical day opening and closing the shop was very relaxed when a rapport was built with the customers. Management were very supportive whenever I queried a method or asked advice on an issue. Overall thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company.
Educational
Retail Betting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2017
Ladbrokes thought me a lot about the sports world and improved mathematical skills immensely. My position here as a betting assistant also improved my customer service skills.
Long hours with little benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fermoy, County Cork4 April 2017
Although I enjoyed my time working in ladbrokes, the hours were extremely long when considering the large volume of cash that needed to be accounted. Students often worked weekend shifts and unfortunately were somewhat underwhelming in terms of their commitment to following procedure, time keeping and cash handling.. I often did not take a lunch break as it was easier than returning and finding that the tills were not balanced or that a customer had been overpaid, Unfortunately as manager I did not have the power to reprimand staff for poor work properly.
sur its grand
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Tipperary4 October 2016
As pay goes not a bad job.horrible working hours long long days. Working week very long very rarely work contract hours every week. Siptu orientated makes things easier. Get letters of concern over stupid things
Pros
hr staff very nice. easy to get time off
Cons
only a number, no consideration for staff
A very busy envioroment.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath17 May 2016
Advising customers of new products. Taking and paying on winning bets. I also enjoyed meeting targets, and travelling to other shops to cover for absense.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
It was only a summer contract
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishopstown CORK10 May 2016
Challenging
Hard work
Really nice co workers
Always learning something new
Long working hours
Getting tips for being good at customer service
Getting the buzz seeing a person win a nice amount of money
Pros
extra day off in the week when doing 12 hour shifts
Cons
not being paid enough for what we do
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Trim, County Meath29 March 2016
Whilst working at Ladbrokes I gained a lot of experience using tills, it was always very busy and I always had to be on my toes because there would be numerous amounts of customers putting on bets at the same time. I found that my district coordinator was not very caring and did not give me feedback on the work I was doing or if I was progressing in the shop. I had to leave Ladbrokes because I started college. The hardest part of the job was busy weeks like Cheltenham and Galway races, the shop would be hectic and very busy.
Pros
Got tips within horse racing.
Cons
Very busy and stressful
Market Place Manager (Current Employee) –  City Centre Dublin, County Dublin3 March 2016
Ladbrokes is great place to work, a specially for students.superb management and fun place to work, great place for developing skills and fast progression..

The hardest part of this job is the actual customers,and the most enjoyable part is the people behind ...
Pros
bike to work
Cons
long hours.
fun iniatially
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Galway27 February 2016
Initially this company was fun and desirable to work for . However shareholders profits became the main objective of the company with little emphasis being put on customer and staff relations .
can be fun at times
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Perrystown, Dublin 1224 February 2016
Some days are good fun and you get to meet so many different customers, some nice and of course some very difficult.
Working 12 hour shifts are hard.
Rate of pay I can't complain, it's reasonable but maybe when you're working 12 hour shifts you should get extra.
Some days are very busy, which I like as your day goes faster, and there is a lot of cash handling so can be somewhat stressful.
Pros
meeting new people
Nice place to work
Counter assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2015
Typical day would be I show up, tidy the place up a little then go behind the counter and starting the bets of people and putting them through.
Management was good
Co-workers were good
Travelling was the hardest part of the job
Pros
Happy place to work
Cons
Travelling
Would not recommend
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D10 June 2015
The main reason in my opinion why the company functions is because the staff in each shop usually get along with each other, apart from that there is a very low morale among staff members due to constantly having to work on your own, sometimes without even getting a break.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, single manning, not much help or support from management
Non stop working enviroment
Dept Manager, Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 June 2015
It has been some time since i have worked in a bookmakers,
I won't say anything negative about working in one, everyone has pro's and con's in any day to day life.

The job entails a lot of stress and high tempered customers in which employees need not only the ability to cool matters by explaining rules or late bets, but also taking control of large amounts of cash for in and out procedures.

The hours are long and day can be overloaded with data that needs to be inputted into the computer systems. The staff are friendly and cooperate to make a stable working environment for both customers and staff combined.
Pros
A good strong working force
Cons
Long hours and hard, sometimes annoying work.
all i all good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ABBEY ST1 June 2015
I enjoyed working here learned cash handling dealing with customers. Im very good with the public and staff were all nice .
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cahir. Co. Tipperary.21 February 2014
I worked as a cashier for Ladbrokes. Taking bets from customers and settling bets and keeping an accurate till. keeping a clean and tidy shop and trying to fill our customers needs and queries. I worked part time from 10am to 2pm and fitted it in with my job at Pall.
Pros
Clean and friendly work environment.
Cons
Basic rates of pay.
Job description
Trading Manager / Controller of Liabilities (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 February 2014
Loved my role with Ladbrokes which covered just about every aspect of the betting and gaming industry.
My typical working day would be spent updating information for the day ahead in the morning and either controlling margin liabilities for the retail estate during the afternoon or working for the company at the racecourse in a commercial role during the afternoon/evening.
Pros
Working in the industry that I loved.
Cons
Top class company with top class people
Trading Manager (Former Employee) –  Naas Road Dublin 227 January 2014
Superb company to work for, energetic brand, excellent customer service
Pros
People
Cons
Redundancy
Ladbrokes
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Derry, Ireland17 October 2013
this job enables me to work closely with customers and provide a friendly atmosphere in the shop this was my favorite part of the job. i was deputy manager so i had alot of responsibility and was able to work close with all my staff. the hardest part of the job was to deal with difficultly customers, but with experience i leaded how to control the situation.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
difficult customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes Coral Group. Our community is ready to answer.