Lawlors Hotel

Lawlors Hotel Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews
Good banter, can be stressful for someone with limited experience but the staff will help you get into the swing of things quickly.
Maintaining uniform should be a priority.
Fill in your own working hours sheets yourself. Sometimes there are extra jobs required after contracted hours, Only yourself will know the overtime you've worked so fill in times YOURSELF correctly. They probably have a clock in machine by now, so probably no need to worry. Handy work for while.
work in a busy hotel where you have to deal with guests , pub goers, people in for lunch or dinner. a busy job but a nice place to work in you have a good level of customer service
A typical shift is very busy and fast paced. I've learnt a great deal of customer service experience through this last year. I have enjoyed my time in Lawlors immensely
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Late nights
Lawlors was probably the place where I gained most of my experience and skills.

I began as a barmaid with no experience to two months later being a Full-Time Trainee Manager, I was thrown in the deep end and learned extremely quickly. There had been issues with the managerial team before I joined and the owner quickly dealt with these issues resulting in the suspension of two senior managers, only a few months after I began. The owner took me under his wing and promoted me to Assistant General Manager. I lived in the hotel and worked 7 days a week for 6 weeks consecutively as the staffing issue continued. The hotel was constantly busy and I never stopped. Lawlors was my priority at the time and I loved every minute.

A typical day was liaising with all departments, ensuring all conferences were set up to the highest standards. During lunch and dinner, I was on the floor ensuring things were running smoothly and jumping in where necessary, sometimes even helping with food preparation. I covered reception where necessary and greeted customers on arrival when available. In the evenings there were functions and parties and I made sure we were constantly two steps ahead. I worked closely with the sales and marketing executive as she took bookings for parties, conferences and weddings, I made sure on the day that all needs were met by the customer.

I prepared all rosters apart from the kitchen staff which was done by the head chef and hired staff for all other departments.

For about 5 months of my time in Lawlors I was the acting General Manager and was ultimately responsible
 - more...
Pros
Free Lunches, Accommodation when available and Appreciation from my Boss.
Cons
Not much of a life, never mind a social life
the head cheff left and the sous cheff get panic attack and he left so i have to run the kitchen for 6 month no pay raise but i still enjoy cooking
Pros
cavery
Cons
it was not to bad
Ensure all bar staff are clean and kept busy at all times. Make sure no bar staff were struggling with work load or running low on stock or float money. Then rotate bar staff around to relieve each other for lunch breaks. Also see to it that customers are being looked after and service is of the best standard. At the end of service, ensure all bar staff and floor staff clean their work areas and re-stock each bar for the following day of business.
I came to learn to be organised well in advanced at the beginning of the day so that the nights service would run smoothly. If any problems occurred with customers I would try my best to solve the problem myself but if I felt the situation was beyond my control I would seek advise or help from a duty manager on or else the general manager. My co-workers were all younger than I so it was at times challenging to motivate them, keep them focused and encourage them to be polite and civil with customers especially difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of my job as Bar Supervisor was interacting and getting to know our customers over the time I spent in the Hotel.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long unsociable hours and roster not rotated enough
love meeting people,but find the hours long with very little reward.
Pros
interacting
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawlors Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9