Leopardstown Park Hospital

Leopardstown Park Hospital Employee Reviews

Ireland3 reviews
Friendly staff
Leopardstown has offered me career opportunities that I hadn't thought of or thought that I could achieve. I spoke with the management and asked them for advice on career progression and I have to say they were more than helpful nominating me for courses and offering financial support for these courses.

The staff are friendly and everyone mixes really well. Always a laugh to be had in the staff canteen.
Pros
Friendly staff
This review contains a short summary of a typical day at work, along with an outline of responsibilities I was assigned to do.
My typical day as a carer,would be waking up early morning and being in for work at 8 am. I was punctual and always made sure I arrived to work 5-10 minutes before starting time, which was 8 am . Before starting my duties, a report was given to all the day time staff members, including me and we all had to look over it.

Some of my duties involved looking after patients, getting them ready for breakfast, feeding and bathing them. I also pampered them and took patients out on walks and sang for them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting on so well with the patients and my work colleagues, whom were all so friendly and created a lively environment within the workplace.

I learned a lot from working as a carer, I learned how to better my skills in time management, communication and how to meet deadlines (before they needed to be met). Being a mother of 7 and having previously worked as a carer, has helped me balance between my work life and personal life.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
Fun workplace and Productive
I learned
1.how to look after and care for residents

2.To interact and engage with the residents to help make their stay more pleasant

3.To be part of a catering team

4.To be part of a cleaning team

5.To work closely with all staff across the hospital

A typical day at work consisted of

1.Assisting the residents at meal times

2.interacting and engaging with the residents

3.Helping to clean up after meal times

I enjoyed everything about this work experience. I love to help people especially the elderly as I feel they can be forgotten in our society.

My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed working alongside them for the week.
Pros
Helping the residents, Meeting nice interesting people
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leopardstown Park Hospital?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leopardstown Park Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Leopardstown Park Hospital Reviews by Job Title