Letterkenny Institute of Technology

Letterkenny Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Working at LYIT Letterkenny has brought me a lot of experience in performing IT Support duties. Contact with many people allowed me to meet many people. Working in a team allowed me to understand why other people have different views on how to perform work-related responsibilities.
I loved working there unfortunately it was a temporary position, it was a work placement with the course I done there Higher Cert IT Support. I would love to go back at some point.
I enjoy being at the Letterkenny Institute of Technology as it has great facilities and allows Graphic Design students to expand their skills with their being facilities that sort out the Graphic Design students.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Morning classes
A typical day can involve helping 1st years with interpreting TGD-B, to helping 2nd years with AutoCAD, to helping 3rd and 4th years with design projects to teaching Human Behaviour In Fire and assessing Computer Fire Model reports and assessing 4th year Research Reports. As with all elements of employment when you listen to other people's opinion you learn something different every day. So I have a tendency to learn from both colleagues and students. Also supervising Research Reports allows me to get an insight into elements of Fire which I may not have had time to investigate fully. Management of the day to day running of the College is smooth, easy going and free flowing. There is a lovely progressive ambiance around the College both between staff and students. The most difficult part of the job is making an overly wordy subject (such as teaching Irish Standards) interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students progress and gain confidence in their discipline.
Pros
All positives
Cons
No cons
Was nice and helpful and fun. Good experience. Helpful staff. Nice atmosphere and lovely people.........................................................
LYIT was a good experience the coworkers were friendly and helpful I found it a great help in getting the feel for what to expect in the roll of IT support person, would have preferred more time there though, would not hesitate taking up employment there if it became available.
Pros
staff canteen at reduced rates.
Cons
Not many job prospects for IT personnel
Great college learned so much from it has a brilliant ethos and work ethic. really enjoyed it