Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews

Ireland228 reviews

Found 228 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,444 reviews

Very fast faced

Very fast place to work, not much of a work culture, feel like you work alone as you don’t ever talk to anyone, the hours are long and hard at times, but management are nice and will give you time off for occasions when you need it

Pros

More than minimum pay

Cons

Long hours, monthly pay

Very intense stressful and hectic

Very intense stressful hectic place to work for, the more you do the more you'll be asked to do, last min beck and call kind of job, roster could be done for a week ahead only, no one cares if you sick or tiered, you might work 6 days in a row from Thu to Tue from 4am which is technically two different weeks but still 6 days in a row. Team is amazing though super friendly and helpful but management..... they don't give a sh.... you are just a number, image and profit comes before people it's all about.... We Are Lidl.... and yes they pay more than other retail would but still it's not worth it, to break you back. You have to watch your pay roll as "accidental errors" might happen ...Try to work on a bakery with freezer being stocked up and jammed up all the way to the ceiling with all frozen items like boxes full of fish chips ice cream and frozen bread, try to carry all heavy boxes with bread and cookies that are 7kg and more lifting over your head in and out of the freezer doing bakery on your own with no one to help most of the time, try to bake and bag all bread in 3 hours ... that's where you trully test your stamina.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Extremely difficult intense place to work for

Intense and long hours

Not for the faint hearted, early morning starts, very long hours and you're gonna be getting a phone call on your day off to come in or help another store. Play ball with them and you could potentially be rewarded but you will have to stick with the company for a long time til you see any benefits.

Pros

Best paying retailer

Cons

Long hours, never a weekend off, sometimes work 9-13 days in a row

Good for progression

Flexible workimg hours, on site canteen, company car.Moving from operations to head office the work becomes too slow but the work life balance improves.

Stressful and not worth of money

Payroll full of incompetent people,payment is on monthly base,but every second month i would receive only half of the payment caused by some "errors" in clock in devices, in best case scenario few hours missing from payslip is standard. People usually have 30h contract after 6 months probation, except if you have bad luck with payroll, so probation can last for about 1 year, if sales is low you will work less than 30h, but be paid 30h anyway, in return you will own that given hours to lidl, so you will work overtime for free when they need you. Don't count on payment for last month worked after you finish your work with lidl.

Pros

60h per week when they need you

Cons

16h per week or less no matter what kind of contract ylu got when they don't need you

Is ok

Ok place to work, all depends which RDC you work for.Xmass €50 Lidl gift card bonus is a joke.2 month's xmass songs nonstop, drives staff crazy.Depends on your store Manager - you might forget about weekend's. Plan your days of month in advance

Pros

Good pay, friendly staff

Cons

Xmass songs for 2 month's nonstop. Takes to long to fix a issues with the building

Good team work

Kind of stressful and a lot of customers are rude. Also a lot of stealing and robbing in shop sometimes. It’s good money for retail industry but not a good for permanent job for me. Head office always try to cut your hours and don’t know how busy is the shop and we spend a lot of time of catching shoplifting and crazy customers.

Pros

Not too bad pay and nice coworkers

Cons

Long hour

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

Toxic environment

Understaffed, toxic, demanding customers, stress and pushing management! Long hours, very stressful job!No work, life balance! Just stay way, from this company! Maybe better outside Dublin!

Pros

Job security

Toxic work environment

I will never again shop or work in Lidl. Very toxic environment to work in. Managers are bullies and unprofessional. There's no appreciation for hard work. You are just a number. Avoid at all costs

Pros

Cons

Management, low morale, bullying

Don’t go

Uhm, not nice place to work, no training but huge expectations from other employees. They behave like you should know everything from the beginning. People are running there to finish their tasks ( it’s not a joke, you have to run).

Stay away

Horrible place to work. Terrible.management. only way to describe it is a revolving door system. Ten minute training and away you go. It's all about egos with the management

Pros

Cons

To many

Fast pace, excellent salary.

Paid well for basic work on the floor, management is more stressful but the salary exceeds what other retailers pay for similar work. Overall a great company to work for.

Stressful, late nights and early mornings

When they say "faced paced work environment" they actually mean you are constantly under pressure to get things done. They want things done at lighting fast pace and it is an awful struggle to keep up. You always feel like you're not good enough. Managers are always up the walls trying to get things done. Very early morning shifts (you have to wake up at 4am in the morning or earlier to start your 5am shift) plus very late nights quite often. The rota says you'll be finished by 10:30pm but this is BS. You could be there till 3am in the morning or on a very good day 11pm. They are constantly understaffed with people calling in sick plus the incredible work load you have already, even if everyone is in its still so much to doBreaks are a joke; you must take your break when you are told even if you have only been in for 2 hours of your 10-hour shift. They also want you to clock out a minute before the clock hits the hour so they are by law only entitled to give you a certain amount of break time. For example, if you had an 8-hour shift, they would want to you clock out at 7 hours and 59 minutes so you don't have an hour break, you have a 30 minute one instead. I once did a 9-hour shift with no break because my rota only had me in for 5 hours (so 4 hours 59 minutes, aka not entitled to a break) and I was there till 3am (6pm-3am, 9 hours). I must add that your breaks are not paid for so if you don't have a break, you are paid accordingly, none the less its terrible, you are recked tired. Also, if you have to watch a video as part of your training then they expect you to do it during -

Pros

Good pay, sometimes you get free food from the bakery

Cons

In ridiculously early, often stay very late. Breaks are a joke. Under staffed, always under pressure. No staff wifi

Hard but very productive environment

Depends on management and the store, every store amd managers are different. It is a very hard work but they appreciate that and will reward hard workers.

Pros

Wages, different benefits, appreciation for hard work

Cons

Sometimes long hours, hard work

Really hard place to work

The best i ever heard about Lidl is "Communist company, ran by capitalists" Very structured, has loads of management levels, and at the same time Everything is about profit and productivity...

Pros

good experience

Cons

bad experience

Productive workplace

I just love my store and my timLovely management. It’s hard job but every day is different. If you honestly work than is no problem. In one word Im happy to be part of Lidl family.

Demoralising.

Bad communication, management full of contradictions, it's all about the customer until productivity isn't met, then it's about reaching prod at all costs.The vast majority of managers, deputy managers, are full of self importance, preservation.

Pros

Some of the people

Cons

The vast majority of managers.

Fun place

Good place to work. Good pay, nice peoples. If you work and mind your own bussines everything is ok. It is the best warehouse i worked. Do not listen peoples that say it is a bad place ( if you are lazy , all the places you work are not good ).

Pros

Good pay

Horrible place to work.

Management as a whole is a complete mess of unorganized baboons never again am I going to work or shop in this establishment again . Spent 2 misarble years here only to be told on a weekly bases how disposable I am at my job by store manager. Staff turnover is unbelievable in my 2 years more than 15 staff have joined and left and only 3 including my self stayed for a period of time. The work is tough but it's only made tougher by the unreasonable expectations of managers who don't have to do it them selves. Over all would not recommend

Pros

Have the bit of craic if staff is alright

Cons

A mess of a company.

Lovely company

I was there for 3 years i had a fantastic team, just left cause was to far from my house. Well paid, is hard work but paid fair and they are really accommodating if you find a nice team is a job to stay. Kenmare Lidl is one lf the best ones to work.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Hard work

1.7K
2.2K
1.9K
1.1K
1.5K

3.0Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?