Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Lidl:

Lidl Employee Reviews

Ireland170 reviews
Great fast paced company for career oriented people. You get to work with most departments and are given a high level of responsibility. I would recommend it for those that are very career oriented.
Bad hours you'll be kept on the back shift for a very long time and mostly on one section there is no rotation at all which is stupid.There is not enough pickers so sometimes you might even do 14 hour shift finish at 2-3 at night and tht might continue for the whole week when business is bussy.
Great staff in store and indeed all stores but unfortunately that’s where the good story ends! Senior management have not embraced the ‘engaged workforce’ philosophy and unbelievably in these times still behave appallingly and disrespectfully.
Excellent company for internally training their staff. Hours can be long when in management but well worth it. Highly pressurised at times but like any retail job this passes.
Excellent: management , staff , environment , hours , pay , lunch

Very busy day always moving and keeping busy very helpful co-wprkers and management staff
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
No cons
Great culture and fun between colleagues. Working hours were a bit ridiculous, i.e. 1pm-11pm but sometimes you suddenly get asked (an hour prior to the end of your shift) go up to 1 am or even 3 am during Xmas period.
Decent pay when compared to similar companies
When I started in lidl I thought it was impossible but when I settled into the swing of the the fast pase busy days it was easy it becomes second nature.
When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.
Stay away nothing but slave drive. Especially heading boss. Very rude. And d.m. are worst. Bullies. Treat you like piece off dirt on the floor
I was working in company for 9 years and got different experience in company working in different stores, education and different positions. In Lidl they have strong management which have to meet their KPIs every week, these leads to increased performance and competitive salaries. Its a big teamwork with good atmosphere at work. Management supports you in different aspects in your life, including training, education, preferable working shifts and career opportuinities.
it has its good and bad moments like any place ,anytime we had halloween or christmas we would be missing 20 or 30 staff and left in the mess and it happened alot
A typical shift would be 6 - 8 hrs. I was trained on the tills, bakery and stocking shelves. I learned alot from my experience in Lidl and the main one is interacting and dealing with refunds, complaints and getting better on the till. The hardest part of the job was when all the tills are open and all the tills are busy.
Very supportive from the management side. Good hours and good money. Very friendly environment, fast and busy environment for work but enjoyable I personally higher recommend.
Enjoyed the relaxed yet fast paced and team dynamic . Very good company structure . Good hours and flexible shift times and great customer staff repour .
Fast work environment, needs high attention to details all the time and a Good Team Work.
Payments are made monthly and they have a great pay rate per hour.
Excellent paid . Plenty of overtime if wanted. Busy environment. Would recommend to any one to apply, if your up for a challenge. Dealing with customer can be a pleasure, good chats !!
No team work and poor training make the beginning really tough,
Managers with lack of personal skills low store morale,

Hard to plan personal life due to constant changes in work shifts
Pros
Ones can get a lot of hours and make a good money.
Cons
Poor team work and poor training, Stressful environment managed by people with lack of personal skills
Absolute joke company worked in the Mullingar warehouse for 3 and a half years and the best thing I ever did was leave
No concept of people caring more about there life outside of lidl the company has to come first

Money is good if your prepared to work at weekends at night and do 50 hour weeks

Your told you can progress that s nonsense

Back breaking labour with no standard of health and safety you are looked at as a number and you will be flogged until you can't work anymore

Ridiculously underqualified supervisors who have no concept of what there supervising bit will then criticise performance when you might see them for 5 mins a week overall disgrace of a company and no amount of money would get me too work there again
Lidl has a fast paced environment but has a great team. When working in Lidl you always feel that you are part of a team and that you are supported. I feel my team working skills have been enhanced as well as my problem-solving skills from having to think of solutions to customer complaints and issues that may arise in the store as fast as possible.
They expect too much from you with no training. they expect you go do your own training 🙄 there's no staff , and as a manager with no Lidl experience you have to sit on tills but you need to find your own training
Have to be ready to work different shifts and weekends, every day/ week is different. Fastpaced, but rewarding. It's very hard to find a job as well paid as in Lidl.